[A17/B18] Orbital Hubs United - Dropships 1.2 (14.02.2018)

Started by Cpt.Ohu, April 23, 2017, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

Keep it up Ohu, this is getting better every update. I can't wait for the day when I can fly my very own aircraft to the next town over and blast my 1980's rock music at those losers :)

Jan2607

There is a bug with generating maps for quests: I got several quests for outposts or hidden items and when you get these quests, it also says how many enemies you will get there. And everytime I use dropships to reach the site, I get a whole colony full of 20-30 enemies. Needless to say that my small expedition team got wiped out.
And in one raid for a hidden AI core I didn't find the core.
So generating the quest maps is really bugged at the moment.

Sixdd

It isn't a permanent solution but I think you can land next to the quest tile and then go back to your ship when you are done. I don't know if this works for certain, but I think I remember someone else doing it this way.

Jan2607

I need the ships mostly for the return to my colony (since the other options are to build transport pods or to form a caravan). So my solution for now will be to attack with pods. When the battle is won, I will send in another colonist with the ship to collect my colonists.

Sixdd

Canute

Since the ship got a greater range then pods, you can land with the ship next to the eventtile, let move 1-2 pawn with caravan into the event.
Once the map is loaded you should be able to select the landing site at the event map with the ship.

vandal

its now been one year exactly since the thread title. thanks for sticking with it OHU at least there wont be a need for more mod updates after this one :)

i think

Jan2607

I got a ghost ship. For some reason, the game generated the image of a ship on a position, where a ship was parking before launch. It didn't disappear when it got launched and it was still there after landing back.
I can't interact with it. It is the one that looks illuminated: https://imgur.com/a/igHkKby
Is there a way to remove it?

Cpt.Ohu

Quote from: Jan2607 on February 28, 2019, 02:33:02 PM
I got a ghost ship. For some reason, the game generated the image of a ship on a position, where a ship was parking before launch. It didn't disappear when it got launched and it was still there after landing back.
I can't interact with it. It is the one that looks illuminated: https://imgur.com/a/igHkKby
Is there a way to remove it?

You could try to destroy it with the Action-Debug-Menu. Otherwise it would mean sifting through the savegame looking for whatever object this ship may be.
This image indicates that the thing you see taking off had an error and wasn't removed properly.

Quote from: Jan2607 on February 08, 2019, 05:46:52 PM
There is a bug with generating maps for quests: I got several quests for outposts or hidden items and when you get these quests, it also says how many enemies you will get there. And everytime I use dropships to reach the site, I get a whole colony full of 20-30 enemies. Needless to say that my small expedition team got wiped out.
And in one raid for a hidden AI core I didn't find the core.
So generating the quest maps is really bugged at the moment.

The quest maps are still under construction so to speek. Generating an outpost was a quick solution for most normal world objects you can land on, since back then it was only outposts. The checks to see which type of quest hides underneath are coming in the next fix.

lelukeson

Thank you so much for updating this mod, I really missed my playthroughs using it. Great job, cheers.

Bunkier

I've made some ships for ya

Name: C-77 Freighter
Manufacturer: SMA Industries
Fuel Capacity: 2500
Maximum Cargo Capacity: 3000kg
An unarmed four-person craft designed for heavy goods transport with moderate fuel consumption. Vast cargo space.

Name: S-342 Transporter
Fuel Capacity: 5000
Maximum Cargo Capacity: 4500kg
An unarmed eight-person dropship designed for heavy cargo transport. Equipped with rocket thruster can travel short distances in quick time in cost of fast fuel consumption.

(files in attachment)

[attachment deleted due to age]

Luncario

Quote from: sma342 on March 11, 2019, 06:52:00 PM
I've made some ships for ya

Name: C77 Freighter
Fuel Capacity: 2500
Maximum Cargo Capacity: 3000kg
An unarmed four-person craft designed for heavy goods transport with moderate fuel consumption. Vast cargo space.

Name: S342 Transporter
Fuel Capacity: 5000
Maximum Cargo Capacity: 4500kg
An unarmed eight-person dropship designed for heavy cargo transport. Equipped with rocket thruster can travel short distances in quick time in cost of fast fuel consumption.

(files in attachment)

It seems that you only gave the textures in the files :( , but thx I was looking for heavy transport Ships for retrieving goods :D

Bunkier

Ah sorry, my bad, files in attachment

[attachment deleted due to age]

Cpt.Ohu

Awesome stuff you got there  :D

I'll add it to the main post if you like.

Bunkier