[B18] SmurfeRim 3.0 : Smurfs Mod - Build your massive blue army!

Started by WalkingProblem, April 24, 2017, 02:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 08, 2017, 08:40:21 AM
Ow and you are the modder of the araknid ? it makes my zergs invasions !
last time i've need to burn an full jungle map (modded for more plants) for just safe my colony of them, just wow !

and for the smurf, their invasion are directly into the base like megaspiders or not ?

There is 2 different incidents for Smurfs.

One is just a manhunting-like event, the other one is the special one, which is like infestation, but out in the open~

Ashardalon411

Good ! And does they attack after with a manhunter way when they are good installed like the rework of infestation of twosky ?
ps: i really want see how they resist to the zergs/araknids ^^

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 09, 2017, 10:22:43 AM
Good ! And does they attack after with a manhunter way when they are good installed like the rework of infestation of twosky ?
ps: i really want see how they resist to the zergs/araknids ^^

Just download the mod and try? lol~

I never tried any rework on the infestation. But I can tell you, the smurfs are very aggressive and territorial~

XelNigma

Female smurfs are not natural. Smurfette was created by Gargamel then Papa Smurf used his magic to make her a  "real smurf".
I dont know how close to cannon you want to make this mod. but maybe look into different asexual ways for smurfs to reproduce.  They live in mushrooms. Maybe they are a type of sentient fungus.  I dont think there was ever a hard answer to smurf reproduction. But im no smurf expert.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: XelNigma on June 24, 2017, 02:42:20 PM
Female smurfs are not natural. Smurfette was created by Gargamel then Papa Smurf used his magic to make her a  "real smurf".
I dont know how close to cannon you want to make this mod. but maybe look into different asexual ways for smurfs to reproduce.  They live in mushrooms. Maybe they are a type of sentient fungus.  I dont think there was ever a hard answer to smurf reproduction. But im no smurf expert.

You mean Smurfs are related to Orkz ?

I had the Smurf Mod in A16 in Combination with the reworked infestation, they did not influence each other.
I think Smurfestation spawned as intended.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: XelNigma on June 24, 2017, 02:42:20 PM

By right, the only event where Smurfette will spawn is in the Smurfette wanders in event. So if there is other incidents that she appear, please do let me know.

But I do understand ppl found smurfettes for sale in caravans/orbital traders

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 24, 2017, 02:45:53 PM

You mean Smurfs are related to Orkz ?

I had the Smurf Mod in A16 in Combination with the reworked infestation, they did not influence each other.
I think Smurfestation spawned as intended.

Smurfestation runs entirely on its own codes, thus it will not have conflict with other infestation-related mods.

Canute

Real funny but dangerous mod ! :-))
I lost my 1. colony because i didn't take them seriously. I let them build their villages and though oh nice they grow devilstrand at the desert. Later i notice i got holes in my outer walls and serveral resources around the map next to mountains. Visitor mention i got insects on my map (scratch the head).

After that i realize they are a real threat, they are an infestion, they dig mountains and walls, they don't like to get move close to their villages.
New movie idea Smurfs vs Zombies, Smurfs vs Aliens :-)
But at this stage i allready got 80+ villages on my map, and not the firepower to destroy them faster then they pop up.

At the 2. one i got a village next to my base. I build 2 turrets in range so they kill spawning smurfs pretty well. And i could deconst torches and destroy new villages without much danger.

My suggestion:
- New torches spawn too fast, you can deconst. them very easy and geting 20 wood, excelent wood source on biomes with less/no trees. Maybe just 1 torch check/spawn once at 0:00 or slower.

- new villages spawn and spawn, and smurfs got nothing to eat.
I think you are just a XML modder, maybe someone can help you with that. But maybe you can give them a new economy. Smurfs need to gather food from plantmaterial, corpses and other food items. Each item decrease the counter to spawn a new village.
At this way smurfs will grow very fast on forest, but never on desert/ice.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: Canute on July 02, 2017, 06:37:45 AM
Real funny but dangerous mod ! :-))
I lost my 1. colony because i didn't take them seriously. I let them build their villages and though oh nice they grow devilstrand at the desert. Later i notice i got holes in my outer walls and serveral resources around the map next to mountains. Visitor mention i got insects on my map (scratch the head).

After that i realize they are a real threat, they are an infestion, they dig mountains and walls, they don't like to get move close to their villages.
New movie idea Smurfs vs Zombies, Smurfs vs Aliens :-)
But at this stage i allready got 80+ villages on my map, and not the firepower to destroy them faster then they pop up.

At the 2. one i got a village next to my base. I build 2 turrets in range so they kill spawning smurfs pretty well. And i could deconst torches and destroy new villages without much danger.

My suggestion:
- New torches spawn too fast, you can deconst. them very easy and geting 20 wood, excelent wood source on biomes with less/no trees. Maybe just 1 torch check/spawn once at 0:00 or slower.

- new villages spawn and spawn, and smurfs got nothing to eat.
I think you are just a XML modder, maybe someone can help you with that. But maybe you can give them a new economy. Smurfs need to gather food from plantmaterial, corpses and other food items. Each item decrease the counter to spawn a new village.
At this way smurfs will grow very fast on forest, but never on desert/ice.

LOL~ Which is why in my description of the mod, I told ppl to be careful.

As for the getting smurfs to find food to eat... They actually cannibalize themselves if I'm not wrong. lol~

And no, this is not a xml mod, because the infestation codes cannot be adapted to any other creatures. To create an infestation-type game mechanic, one need to create totally new codes (cannot be shared with vanilla Infestation).

Currently there is no plans to expand on the mod, since its just a fun mod, and it rewards the risk taking of the players to keep the smurfs around with all the resources the smurfs provides (be it drugs or devilstrand or wood). You can look at them as creatures to "farm", like the Infestation bugs (which also do not really "eat" or "find food")

Alternatively, is I can add edible mushroom to be spawned next to their villages.

SpaceDorf

How about adding to the Smurf-Hate by making them seek and eat devilstrand shrooms ?

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 04, 2017, 09:59:32 AM
How about adding to the Smurf-Hate by making them seek and eat devilstrand shrooms ?

You really want me to expand on the smurf mod? lol

SpaceDorf

Why not ?

And if the tamed version of the smurfs somehow become similiar to the minions there would be a good reason for having the annoying blue suckers around.

And to expand on my brain-fart from a few days ago. If Smurfs really are mycellium based creatures, similiar to the 40k Gretchins and Orkz .. you could combine both creatures and Smurfs become 40k Lore  ;D ( gamma radiated smurfs maybe .. just to steal from a third lore )
So if you have Smurfs and a Toxic Fallout event you literally get Bigga Problemz.

As proof of my theory there is the Ork saying of "Red Unz go Fasta" ! which could be a genetic memory of Papa Smurfs.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 08, 2017, 12:47:48 PM
Why not ?

And if the tamed version of the smurfs somehow become similiar to the minions there would be a good reason for having the annoying blue suckers around.

And to expand on my brain-fart from a few days ago. If Smurfs really are mycellium based creatures, similiar to the 40k Gretchins and Orkz .. you could combine both creatures and Smurfs become 40k Lore  ;D ( gamma radiated smurfs maybe .. just to steal from a third lore )
So if you have Smurfs and a Toxic Fallout event you literally get Bigga Problemz.

As proof of my theory there is the Ork saying of "Red Unz go Fasta" ! which could be a genetic memory of Papa Smurfs.

hmm.... haha~

If I do expand on this mod, it will have to be renamed.

Have smurf in the name is keeping many people from downloading~ LOL

KhelgrumStonewall

Downloaded this Smurftastic piece of work just to have a play about with it. I installed it, activated it, forgot I had Zombieland installed... Ended up with a Smurf/Zombie infestation... had to install the DOOM Kit to BFG the smurf out of everything...

11 out of 10, would Zombie-Smurf again...

Canute

*shiever* Zombie-smurf villages, hmm wondering what they would drop, brains maybe.

WalkingProblem

Quote from: KhelgrumStonewall on September 02, 2017, 07:36:36 PM
Downloaded this Smurftastic piece of work just to have a play about with it. I installed it, activated it, forgot I had Zombieland installed... Ended up with a Smurf/Zombie infestation... had to install the DOOM Kit to BFG the smurf out of everything...

11 out of 10, would Zombie-Smurf again...

LMAO! Glad you had fun~!

It sounds a lot like the TiberiumRim combo, where all the smurfs turns into the visceroids~