[A16] Diamond

Started by Caminha, April 25, 2017, 11:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caminha

A simple mod I made when learning how to make stuff. I'm a graphic design student so I decided to test my spriting skills and make a new mineable resouce.

Diamond
Can be mined from compacted carbon deposits. Can be used for extremy high beauty items and is not small volume, but compacted carbon only drops 5 diamonds.

Cut Diamond
Can be produced at a Sculptor's Table, and sells for a good amount of money. Requires 5 Artistic Skill and 1 Diamond.

Diamond Wire
Can be produced at a Machining Table. Requires 7 Crafting Skill and 5 Diamond.

Improved Sniper Rifle
Can be produced at a Machining Table, has a better accuracy at longer ranges while shoter ranges are more innacurate. Requires 1 Sniper Rifle and 1 Cut Diamond.

Monomolecular Weapons
They have higher damage and shorter cooldown, but slowly deteriorate. Can be produced at a Machining Table.
Shivs and Knifes require 1 diamond wire; the Spear requires 1 diamond wire and 1 cut diamond; Gladius and Longsword require 2 wires.

Deep Drill
Now requires 20 Diamonds for its construction.

Raccoon

Im gonna use ur Art for my Mod, i'll credit you (:

XeoNovaDan

As good of a concept as this is, I think this'll follow the same caveat that jade (and uranium to a lesser extent) have: it'll be too rare to have many opportunities to actually use it, combined with the fact that it's (presumably) low-density

Caminha

Quote from: Raccoon on April 26, 2017, 01:44:53 AM
Im gonna use ur Art for my Mod, i'll credit you (:

That makes me very happy :)

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on April 26, 2017, 02:25:53 AM
As good of a concept as this is, I think this'll follow the same caveat that jade (and uranium to a lesser extent) have: it'll be too rare to have many opportunities to actually use it, combined with the fact that it's (presumably) low-density

I understand that, but actually this mod was created for the art asset, not the opposite. I wanted to see if I could make art that looked like "vanilla".

Caminha

Still learning how to add recipes to a sculpting bench and trying to create a common item (like steel) that has a quality (like art) without art descriptions embed to it. Meanwhile, the art for this item is already done. Anyone is free to use it, as always.

Here comes the Cut Diamond

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The diamond is ready! You can cut it at a Sculptor's Table and the work type is Artistic. It can be sold to exotic traders for a good penny, so now diamonds are rare but when found they become a nice source of fast income!

Caminha

Now the cut diamond can be awful or even legendary - and it obviously affects the cost of the diamond.
You can also use a rough diamond to improve a sniper rifle! :D

Look at this legendary beauty:

Caminha

NEW UPDATE!

Tweaks and new things!
Diamond Wires and Monomolecular weapons added. Added diamonds to the deep drill recipe!