[Mod Idea] More realism mods

Started by RyanRim, April 27, 2017, 03:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanRim

Ok here are a few ideas, I'm not a professional at it so I leave the attestation for modders.

My first idea was (I've been looking for such a mod a long time) a gym, or any athletic training for pawns to get more physical traits. They spend a little time of day by schedule in gym, get stronger, maybe increase their punch strength etc etc. Pardon me if it is in some pack already, I just might have forgotten it, although I have used over 100 mods at least.

Second was a psychological aspect. When we look at some trait mods or Achtung and Psychology addings then I'd really like to see religious and political traits more common. Let's say your community leader has one political view through which he wants to mobilize people, but people opposite to such philosophy doesn't want to co-operate and might get stressed. Same goes to religion, since religion has started great wars during times. Was also thinking of an enforcer/leech/stalking traits (stalkers behind your caravan, wouldn't that be nice), enforcers and leeches making it hard for others to work and throwing all their tasks for others to make. After all thats life.

If these personality traits would be balanced both implemented through a mod, I would give all I can for such a modder.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯

AngleWyrm

Misc. Training Facilities by Haplo
There are three target practice dummies
  • shooting range target improves shooting skill
  • martial arts target improves melee skill
  • archery target just for fun, improves mood
Religion is difficult to satisfy beyond an arbitrary set of crayon colors distinguishing one faction from another. But with the assistance of politics -- by which I mean sets of policies -- it is possible to define social structures that represent distinct attitudes from among all that could be.

Some attitudes are incorporated in Fluffy's Colony Manager mod.

Do we wish to fell every tree as soon as it's harvestable, or minimize our storage needs? That is purposefully precise so that we can zoom out and take a more general opinion that deforestation is harmful, or that maximum throughput is best. It is possible to choose policy badly and end up buried under storage needs or starving for a resource.

Those searches for a favored direction, path or outcome can become a set of decisions recorded into a package and named by the player as their religion/policy playbook.

There are also several mods that add character traits, like lazy, bully and so on that affect their work speed, their relationships between very different work speeds, and friendships/enmity between colonists.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Raccoon

I'm already in the progress to add more Realism to the ores.

Hopefully we will see more realism mods!

RyanRim

Yes now you brought out the details I see the hard work. Still great job everyone who is working on it now or have the psychology mods already. I'm dumb as a pumpkin in the modding dep.

✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯