what does light affect?

Started by giannikampa, April 30, 2017, 09:21:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

giannikampa

I can see a thought "in dark" affecting mood, I can see plants growing if there is enough light.

But what else is involved?
Speed of crafting/cooking/constructing?
Quality of things made?
Quality of sleep?
Anithing else?
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

ArguedPiano

No, light does not affect any of the above mentioned. (Although surgery in the dark seems dangerous)

I believe the only other thing it does is deter infestations in mountain bases. Those pesky bugs prefer the dark.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

A Friend

No "In darkness" debuff meaning a slightly happier pawn. A slightly happier pawn = a slightly better working pawn. As mood affects global work speed.

Also light also affects accuracy. Pawns in lit up areas are easier to hit than those that are in darkness.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

The Man with No Name

So what about operations? I have a Sun Lamp in my hospital Operating Theatre, which is only turned on when doing operations. I'm not sure if it gives any benefits to an operation's success, but it looks cool.

giannikampa

Thank you A Friend! it is more than reasonable what you say

About the bugs spawning, ArguedPiano, someone in this forum wrote that it has not been found in the code anywere. And yes, performing surgery in the dark..well..its scaring to think about
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: A Friend on April 30, 2017, 10:10:29 AM
No "In darkness" debuff meaning a slightly happier pawn. A slightly happier pawn = a slightly better working pawn. As mood affects global work speed.

Also light also affects accuracy. Pawns in lit up areas are easier to hit than those that are in darkness.

Believe that was removed in this most recent alpha.