Lags at lategame

Started by Mosart, April 29, 2017, 10:36:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mosart

Hello.

I really like rimworld late game. Whan you able to produce power armors/bionics use industrial rollers and so on. But every game lags at lategame.

First I use 4x speed with smart speed mod. Then I must use no more than 3x cause of much lags at 4x. Then I need to use 2x cause of lags at 3x. And at the end of all 1x is the highest speeed without lags.

I used pattch which delete daed colonists from memory. And I have no idea what can I do to make game faster in late game. I see that some threads arleady exist but no situable answer here..

Does anyone know how to fix that lags?

ThePhoenix

The problem is that the file gets clogged up with so much stuff.

You have a patch which deletes dead colonists, but does it delete dead people unrelated to your colony? Dead animals? They all stick around in the savefile as far as I can tell.

Also, everyone that isn't dead is also present in the file, including every animal I believe. All these people are being updated in the background to reflect the passage of time (This is a particular issue with certain visual mods). It will get to a point where you will have hundreds of non-colonists and animals in the save file, which will really slow the game down.

Someone with more expertise might be able to suggest something, though I should say that the game isn't designed to have a play-through run for any more than a few years. Optimisation is a little way off, I'd imagine.

milon

@OP, what mods are you using? Mod combinations can be there single biggest cause of lag AFAIK.

Mosart

Quote from: wired2thenet on April 30, 2017, 02:14:13 AM
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30114.0
Yes. Exactly this mod I am already using. Game run really faster when I installed it but then lags still raise over time.

Quote from: milon on April 30, 2017, 06:58:34 AM
@OP, what mods are you using? Mod combinations can be there single biggest cause of lag AFAIK.
That's my mods. All taken from Ludeon. All latest versions and all must not cause problems (as peoples write in comments). But I really don't know about combinations problems...