Slept in the cold AND too hot

Started by dkmoo, April 28, 2017, 12:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkmoo

Hey Guys, so in extremely cold biomes where my pawns have fur parka + fur tuque to survive the -130C, the "Maximum" comfort temperature is around 10 to 15C which still triggers the "slept in the cold" debuff. Raise the  bedroom tempurature any higher and they get the "too hot" debuff. I read around the forums and can understand that fine when you sleep ur not "supposed" to be wearing anything so for realism sake the "slept in the cold" debuff disregards the impact from clothing. However, it doesn't make sense to me that this logic is applied to check the minimum temperature to trigger "sleeping in the cold" but does NOT apply to check the maximum temperature to trigger if its "too hot"? To me this is a bug/hole in the intended realism logic that should be fixed.

How are you guys getting around this, short of micro'ing them to take off the parkas each time the sleep? or microing to have an "indoor only" outfit

I'm playing vanilla. 

Shurp

I guess a fur duster and fur cowboy hat wouldn't be warm enough?

At least with the outfits system micro-ing their clothes wouldn't be too difficult.  When you see them heading to bed, switch them to their bedtime outfit and recruit/unrecruit them to get them to change.  But if everyone's not going to bed at the same time it would be hard to catch.

Or just save a bundle of energy in heating costs and let the bedrooms drop to -130 :)
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

dkmoo

Quote from: Shurp liwww.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs nk=topic=31988.msg327445#msg327445 date=1493379327
I guess a fur duster and fur cowboy hat wouldn't be warm enough?

At least with the outfits system micro-ing their clothes wouldn't be too difficult.  When you see them heading to bed, switch them to their bedtime outfit and recruit/unrecruit them to get them to change.  But if everyone's not going to bed at the same time it would be hard to catch.

Or just save a bundle of energy in heating costs and let the bedrooms drop to -130 :)

Yeah they sleep at different times. Got a couple if pawns who hate eachother so trying to minimize their meeting time

Good point on the cowboy hat. It Fed won't be warm enough but tonight be fine for them to "slowly" go hypothermic for the amount of time they spend outside and still be back indoors safely.

Turning off heating will be my last resort and just live with the debuff.

Thanks!