Stopping pawns from equipping personal shields and other peeves

Started by asquirrel, April 28, 2017, 01:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

asquirrel

My pawns to grab personal shields and a gun.  Happens a lot.  I'm okay with brawlers grabbing shields but not my shooters.  How do I stop this?

When they drop the shield then it's forbidden.  Since it's forbidden my pawns will not mend the shield so I can sell it. Suggestion on that would be great.

Getting shot by other colonists.  Another huge pet peeve.  Supposedly they won't get shot if standing right in front of the other pawn but it happens frequently for me.

Another peeve.  Pawns go into combat.  Get into horizontal line.  Enemy moves up or down.  Pawns tracking and shooting.  As soon as the enemy goes to a spot where a pawn has been standing in the line he gets shot in the back by another pawn.  Grr.

If the AI can't be programmed to shoot each other, do you think there will be an option in the future just to shut off friendly fire?  Thanks! :)

XeoNovaDan

1) Designate an outfit for the brawlers if it's really that big of an issue, and change the default outfit restriction to not allow personal shields
2) Click shield, press F (to pay respects), done
3) This is why you spread out your colonists in gunfights to minimise this, or have them shoot over each-others' shoulders - this works for up to 2 colonists behind the frontmost one
4) Move your pawns around where appropriate

asquirrel

Thanks XeoNovaDan!  I just bookmarked this post and will try out your suggestions next time I'm playing Rimworld. :)

XeoNovaDan