[A16][MOD PACK] Fafnir Mod Pack 0.9.5 (18.01.17) SUSPENDED

Started by Fafn1r, January 11, 2017, 07:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dino332

I have a question, how long should it take to start up? The game runs fine until it initializes the interface, then it turns black with no loading symbol for the cursor. I checked the task manager and it seems to still be responding, but not doing anything (i.e. not taking too much cpu or memory) I followed all the steps and really want to play with this modpack. Thank in advance!

Fafn1r

Quote from: dino332 on February 06, 2017, 03:13:43 PM
I have a question, how long should it take to start up?

I did a quick test. On my potato laptop with Celeron CPU, Intel HD graphics and 4GB of RAM and Chrome running in the background it takes around 3 minutes to load into main menu.

If it turns black then something is wrong. Even though you said you followed installation instructions - follow them again, carefully. I did that and the game is working for me (and others), so it must be working for you, unless you have different version or don't meet system requirements.

Before you try again, do this:
1. Go to your Rimworld config folder. On Windows 10 it is ...\Users\[your name]\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\...\Config
2. Open ModsConfig.xml and delete line 12 "<li>PermaDeathNameFixer</li>".

That's the only mod that ever caused me black screen on startup due to some Steam Workshop bug.

Alternatively you can go to ...\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\294100 and check if you don't have any leftover mods from the Workshop.

dino332

Thanks for the response! It seemed that the problem was with steam after a bit of testing, so I severities the game files again and placed the mods config back in the right place and it works! Gonna enjoy playing with this mod pack!

TMan121

Psst. Rimarsenal has a Combat Realism patch now.

Fafn1r

Quote from: TMan121 on February 07, 2017, 08:21:13 PM
Psst. Rimarsenal has a Combat Realism patch now.

To be honest, I think Rimfire + CR turrets are more than enough for weapon additions. I'd love to add Feral faction though, always fun to have more high quality and fitting lategame enemies.

crusader2010

Hello Fafn1r!

I'm wondering if you could help me with the following issue... I've started from your pack and added/removed some other mods (see the attached Modsconfig.xml).

After starting a new colony, the first issue I encountered was that the Butcher Table, Nutrient Paste Dispenser and Hoppers were not available to build under the Production list. You can also see the errors I was getting in "rimworld_bugs.jpg" (the "Fafnir patch" mod was loaded after the "Grenade fix rearmed" one; it's not present in the attached file).

After searching a bit, I decided to disable the "Fafnir patch" mod in the hopes of making those items reappear in the Production tab. And they did! Yet, I am still getting some errors (see "rimworld_bugs_2.jpg").

Could you please provide any insight on what might be happening or what to do to get rid of the errors?
Also, are those "dangerous detour" warnings of any concern? Actually, I'm more worried about the one related to Psychology, as I want that mod to work fully.

PS: I did update most of the mods that I found newer versions for (including CR and others)!

Thanks! :)

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Fafn1r

Fafnir Patch, among other things, makes building categories neat and tidy. Butcher's Table and Nutrient Paste are under Food tab.

The FoodProduction error is there, because you updated Vegetable Garden without taking into account the adjustments I made to previous version. Updating large mod packs is tiresome, because you have tokeep track of and re-add your changes every time there's an official mod update.

Quote from: crusader2010 on February 09, 2017, 05:48:40 PM
PS: I did update most of the mods that I found newer versions for (including CR and others)!

Yeah, the modpack is due an update, which to be honest may have to wait a bit. I'm rather busy with real life and my own Unity project.

crusader2010

Ok,thanks for the info! I'll try to do a merge between the versions of vegetable garden. Also I did not find a food tab in the menu.. probably for the same reason you said. Thanks and I hope everything goes well with your projects!

Fafn1r

I you want to update on your own, my list of modified files will make it a little bit easier. ;) Here:

Additional Lighting:
- ThingDefs/Lighting/Lighting_CeilingLamp.xml
- ThingDefs/Lighting/Lighting_PathLamp.xml
- ThingDefs/Lighting/Lighting_WallLight.xml

Apparello 2:
- ResearchProjectDefs/Arabatschupp.xml

Camping Stuff:
- ThingDefs_Buildings/Buildings_Production.xml

Caveworld Flora:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProject_Fungiponics.xml
- ThingDefs/Plants_Wild_CavePlants.xml

Colony Manager:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ManagerStations_Research.xml

Combat Realism:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Tier2_Misc.xml
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Turrets.xml
- ThingDefs_Buildings/Buildings_Security.xml
- ThingDefs_Items/Items_Resource_Manufactured.xml

Dermal Regenerator:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Misc.xml

ED-LaserDrill:
- ResearchProjectDefs/LaserResearchProject.xml

EPOE Hardcore Version:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_EPOE.xml

Fish Industry:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Aquaculture.xml
- ThingDefs_Races/Races_Animal_Fish.xml

Increased Forest Density - Deadly:
- BiomeDefs/KudzuPred_Cold.xml
- BiomeDefs/KudzuPred_Moderate.xml
- ThingDefs_Races/Kudzu_Animal_Giant.xml

More Furniture:
- ThingDefs_Buildings/Buildings_MoreFurnitureSeatingStuff.xml

PowerSwitch:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Tier2_AutoEnemySwitch.xml
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Tier2_AutoPowerSwitch.xml
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Tier2_HiddenPowerConduits.xml

RedistHeat:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects.xml
- ThingDefs/Buildings_TempController.xml

Repair Workbench:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProject_RepairBench.xml

Rimfire:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjectDefs_Tier2_Misc.xml

RT_Fuse:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProject_RTBasicFuses.xml
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProject_RTCircuitBreakers.xml

RT_SolarFlareShield:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProject_RTMagneticShield.xml

Vegetable Garden:
- ResearchProjectDefs/ResearchProjects_Misc.xml
- ThingDefs_Buildings/Buildings_Hydro.xml
- Removed autdoor lamp.

sd_advancedpowergen:
- ResearchProjectDefs/sd_adv_powergen_ResearchProjectDefs.xml
- ThingDefs/sd_adv_powergen_ThingDefs_buildings.xml

sd_medicaddons:
- ResearchProjectDefs/sd_medicaddons_ResearchProjectDefs.xml
- ThingDefs/sd_medicaddons_facilities_ThingDefs_c_medieval.xml
- ThingDefs/sd_medicaddons_facilities_ThingDefs_d_industrial.xml
- ThingDefs/sd_medicaddons_facilities_ThingDefs_e_spacer.xml

Seeds Please:
- ThingDefs/Items_Seeds_Core.xml

Seeds Please VG patch:
- ThingDefs/Items_Seeds_VegetableGarden.xml

T-MoreBeds:
- ThingDefs/MoreBedsFurniture.xml

T-MoreFloors:
- Removed wool loom building.

crusader2010

Thanks mate! Now I have quite a bit of work ahead of me :)) but it's fun!
Good thing i'm not using all the mods you changed :))

crusader2010

Ok, managed to do all the changes (i hope). Found more files where the "FoodProduction" category needed to be changed; also I saw there was no more "Salt mine" and "Canning factory" in the "Vegetable garden" mod. Did you remove them or the update to the mod? :D

Ceanox

Is it the Modpack, Or a bug that cuses me to not install new bodyparts (Apart from peglegs) Onto another injured human? Because i am trying to do it in a non medical Double bed, Or would i need to make a medical room.

Fafn1r

I think you guys deserve to know what's the status of this mod pack as for now. In short - I'm no longer working on it. Learning Unity and working on my own indie game is taking most of my time and interest.

If anyone wants to take up the torch (likely under a different name ;)), I'll help with learning, but not with maintenance.

If you do that, remember to ask mod authors for permission.

accountssuck

Oh my god, thank you so much.
I've been trying for ages to find a copy of some of those mods that isn't hosted on unusable platforms like nexus, mediafire or steam.

Sorry for bumping this thread, wish there was a no-bump-option to avoid necroing.