Error while loading a map

Started by Ukas, May 01, 2017, 12:41:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ukas

So, I started a colony the other day, played until I had 5-6 colonists. Loaded the next day just fine, then tried to load yesterday but had the error - don't recall having this previously. 

So, I tried few latest saves, some of them loaded the map, but I was missing colonists and other stuff, like parts of walls, prisoners etc. Then found a save which worked, continued playing with that, and after a while I abandoned my colony and moved to a different place where I started another. Today I tried to load it, but just got the error again.

I do have a bunch of mods, although the game worked fine with these mods when I played last time which was january-february. I would send the error log, but can't find one. Last error log is from january 27th.

Calahan

The game should generate a new log file every time the game is run (f it doesn't then something has gone wrong, maybe with the installation). Are you looking in the right folder? As the location of the log file changed between A15 and A16 due to Unity (I think was at fault) renaming the apps folder. So assuming you are using Windows, please check the following location.

Users/<username>/AppData/LocalLow/Ludeon Studios

If you see two folders, one called "RimWorld" (this was used in versions upto A15), and one called "RimWorld by Ludeon Studios" (this is now use in A16), then please check the latter one for your A16 log file. If you are using another O/S then details on where to find your log file can be found in the following thread (see #6). https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

I'll leave this thread here for now until you post your log file, but it may be moved to mod bugs if your log file appears to show mods are the cause.

Ukas

Ok thank you, I found the log I think.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Ukas