Game freezes

Started by sheidula, April 30, 2017, 09:56:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calahan

Thanks for those. Although looking at that screenshot it's pretty clear that that archive is not the DRM-free version. As too many names don't match. But what it does match perfectly (minus a read me file) is the contents of the Steam version of RimWorld. So what you have in that archive is simply the Steam version in a .rar file, and not the DRM-free version.

No idea where you bought it from, if indeed you did, but the only legitimate place to buy the DRM-free version is directly from Ludeon, and you get a personal SendOwl link when you do, which you use thereafter to download the DRM-free version. If you had such a SendOwl link, and you re-downloaded A16 from it like I requested, then several file names would be different, and the naming used would not match the Steam version like it does. So I'm sorry, but based on this I have to question your claim to owning the DRM-free version.

Plus this is also not the first time I've seen someone having trouble with, and asking for help with, that particular rar-ed Steam version you have. And they too asked for help with it, claiming to own the DRM-free version, and then posted screenshots of what is quite clearly the Steam version. So another case of Deja vu for me.

If you did genuinely buy the game, and it wasn't from either Ludeon or Steam, then I'm sorry to tell you that you have been conned, and you've ended up with a dodgy pirated copy of the Steam version. But I'm afraid for obvious reasons we only offer support to genuine Ludeon Studios customers, and not to those who have obtained the game by other means. Be they unfortunate or intentional.

sheidula

Well, damn. Didnt know. Thought its drm free because I bought it online. Well, the game's worth it, so ill get it on steam.

Big thanks guys. Have a nice day.

Calahan

It would be interesting to know where on-line you bought it, as I'm pretty certain that if someone, or especially some company, is selling RimWorld without Tynan's permission then he would really like to know about it. Not much he can do about people choosing to casually pirate the game, but actually selling it is another matter entirely. So it would help if you could please post the website where you bought that copy from.

And in regards buying a genuine copy of RimWorld, I should point out that if you buy it directly from Ludeon then you get the Steam version as well as the DRM-free version. So win win. Plus the price will likely be the same or similar as you won't get this game in a Steam sale (the game won't be going on sale for a good long while, if ever). Although the cost might depend on what currency you are using. Buying it from Ludeon also means all the money goes to the developer without a big chunk going to Steam.

Finally, another good reason to buy the DRM-free version is that it's a lot less troublesome than the Steam version. As I've lost count of how many "Steam only support issue" that have been dealt with on this forum since last July. So the DRM-free version will also save you from some potential "Steam only" headaches.

So I'm sorry to hear you've been tricked into buying a dodgy pirated version. When you do buy the game (from Ludeon!!), and if you do encounter any issues, then please feel free to ask for support. As we're only too happy to assist a genuine Ludeon Stuidios customer.

sheidula

Thanks for the advice, Ill get the game directly from ludeon.
If I find the site again, I'll definitively report it.

Thanks for everything, have a great day.

Ps - is there a way to mark the conversation as unhelpful, for other people?

Calahan

Quote from: sheidula on May 03, 2017, 10:09:37 AM
Ps - is there a way to mark the conversation as unhelpful, for other people?
I'll move this thread back to support (as mod bugs isn't the right place now given all the info) and close it (as there's no way to mark a thread unhelpful, but closing it should suffice).

And have a good day yourself :)