[B18] PriorityCleaner Mod

Started by fyarn, February 08, 2018, 01:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fyarn

PriorityClean Mod

Description:
This mod for Rimworld adds cleaning sterile tiles as a specific work type. Can specify clearing sterile tiles before cleaning other tiles. Keep the important areas clean!

Updates

Updates:
Feb 7 2018
Initial Release

Author/Mod Team
fyarn

Download
Github (with Source): https://github.com/n-fisher/PriorityClean-Mod
Direct: https://github.com/n-fisher/PriorityClean-Mod/archive/master.zip
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1294779672

How to install:
- Unzip the contents and place them in your RimWorld/Mods folder.
- Activate the mod in the mod menu in the game.
- No known mod incompatibilities/need for a new save.

Released under MIT License, please go ahead and include in modpacks or build off of this mod itself.

Harry_Dicks

This, mod, is... GENIUS! THANK YOU for this! ;D

Also, it will work for only sterile tiles, correct? No other floor types, even those added by mods?

fyarn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 08, 2018, 03:00:10 AM
This, mod, is... GENIUS! THANK YOU for this! ;D

Also, it will work for only sterile tiles, correct? No other floor types, even those added by mods?

That's correct, but give me a mod with floor types and a reason why it makes sense to include it and I will!

Harry_Dicks

Speaking of "priority jobs" could we ever get a "please sow all in this area" mod? Because sometimes I want a gardener to sow one field in particular, but when you tell them to sow the field, it is only ever for one cell at a time. You would have to actually force them to sow every single cell in the field.

I asked Unlimited Hugs about this a couple of days ago as well. Figured I'll keep casting these lines everywhere I go, hoping that one of these seeds will get some roots! ;)

Canute

That mod would need to add queued jobs for each tile of that field.

I got good results with work tab and set the sowing job to 2.

Harry_Dicks

Right, but it still doesn't solve the problem I have of wanting a specific field to be sown immediately. If I could somehow select all of the tiles, but ground in unselectable.

I understand you would still have an issue of letting the game know where, or how much of a field you want sown. Maybe it could just be an option for an entire grow zone? A new button that has "Sow Urgently" and/or a button for "Harvest Urgently"?

fyarn

Wow actually very much dig that idea! Consider it on my short list of future projects :)

divxwind

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 08, 2018, 01:26:11 PM
Right, but it still doesn't solve the problem I have of wanting a specific field to be sown immediately. If I could somehow select all of the tiles, but ground in unselectable.

I understand you would still have an issue of letting the game know where, or how much of a field you want sown. Maybe it could just be an option for an entire grow zone? A new button that has "Sow Urgently" and/or a button for "Harvest Urgently"?

You can do what Canute said then set other zones as 'do not sow'. Or prioritize that one cell to sow on, then temporarily raise their Sow priority so they do the immediate area around it.
--
Nice Mod fyarn!

wwWraith

I think the simplest workaround to sow/harvest an area is to use temporary restriction zone.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

minakurafto

is this mean sterile tile > other floor tile (wood/stone/metal) > unfloored ,or sterile > non sterile only ?

if this only clean sterile tile so in other word this is hospital cleaner priority?

SzQ

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 08, 2018, 03:00:10 AM
it will work for only sterile tiles, correct?
Quote from: fyarn on February 08, 2018, 11:12:21 AM
That's correct
So as i understand the priority is only about cleaning sterile tiles and nothing else.

Usually contemplating my personal spacetime reality at
stream

fyarn

Quote from: minakurafto on February 08, 2018, 10:36:45 PM
if this only clean sterile tile so in other word this is hospital cleaner priority?

Yes! This mod is specifically so pawns prioritize cleaning hospitals, prisons, kitchens, and labs with sterile tiles as a high priority job.

fyarn

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 08, 2018, 01:26:11 PM

Well darn, I definitely spent a few hours working on my own mod for this before finding a really good one already built.
Check this out! https://github.com/pardeike/RimWorld-Achtung-Mod