Alpha 17 is on public unstable branch

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeLemmer

Quote from: Andy_Dandy on May 08, 2017, 03:49:26 AM
Quote from: Topper on May 07, 2017, 06:52:49 AM
There seems to be too much food growing on my maps..I've only played boreal but there was so many berry bushes and healroot popping up that I didnt notice I landed on a Never planting season area for the first season or two.  Anyone else have tons of berries and healroot?

Another thing is the excessive amounts of animals to hunt on the Tundra map, compared to earlier. New flocks of muffaloes etc. are coming alot more frequently during the winter then they used too before. I never fear being out of food even when playing as a tribe, and with no planting season on the coldest Tundras.

Personally, I'm just fine with that. It's nice to have other options for feeding your colony than just "rush crops / hydroponics". After all, the Inuit could do it just fine...

Although I'm personally not seeing these additional animals in my games, unless you count bears, and hunting them has its own issues.

Tynan

A new build is going up. A lot was rebalanced this build, so I'd really love to hear how the balance is now.

Please keep the feedback coming!

Change list:

---------

Second restructure of how shooting accuracy is balanced. Post-process curve now does all the work; bonuses and maluses apply the same as gaining and losing levels. High-level shooters are more valuable.
Shooting accuracy re-tuning based on feedback. Attempt 1.
Added new data analysis table maker for shooting accuracy.
Rain should come a bit more aggressively in response to fire; refactored how fire is counted a bit.
In Crashlanded and Lost Tribe scenarios, player starts with more medicine and more food.
Appended word Tended to mote from tending.
Lower difficulties now have lower infection rates.
Tending is now more effective in reducing disease severity.
Wound infections are now less deadly since immunity grows faster (0.62/day -> 0.66/day) and severity slower (0.86/day -> 0.84/day).
Reduced blights' frequency and impact to match the longer plant growing times.
Reduced raid strength and frequency overall (to compensate for new combat difficulties).
Adjusted the body part hit percentages to reduce pawns losing so many fingers/toes and getting hit in the organs all the time.
Fix: Animals following drafted master start 10 jobs/10 ticks in doorway
Fix: Fighting manhunter animals at doorways causes massive fps drop.
Fix: Tame animals with area restriction cause huge performance drops when looking for food.
Fix: Room groups are sometimes rebuilt incorrectly.
Fix: Designations on unspawned things cause errors.
Fix: Pawns can live with no head if they take enough drugs.
Fix: Food stacks are listed separately in trade windows.
Water undulates faster (0.003 -> 0.005)
Low expectations mood buffs are more powerful.
Reduced infection chances by about 1/3.
Random work failures now never happen above or at level 8 skill (without health problems). Very skiller miners can get yield bonuses.
Rewrote rich explorer text to signal how difficult it is.
Adjusted the date system so quadrum names align with temperatures better, and clarified some of the output and tooltip.
Fix 2975: Mining yield stat description outdated
Fix: Mod settings saving improperly.
Fix: Space refugees have power armor, quite often.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ReZpawner

Fix: Pawns can live with no head if they take enough drugs.

awww, man. That was my favourite accidental feature.

DariusWolfe

QuoteAppended word Tended to mote from tending.

This reminds me: I don't recall seeing it before A17, but I often see the options to both prioritize treating and tending wounded pawns; So far as I was able to tell, these mean exactly the same thing. Does this fix have something to do with this? I honestly can't parse what this is supposed to mean.

SS4312

@Tynan, Did you mean for events like bandit oputposts to be able to spawn next to settlements? Since you cant place settlements adjacent to eachother, I don't know if this would be considered a bug or not.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

duduluu

What?!
The post-processed curve of shooting accuracy must be WRONG!!
21.60% -> 94.16% ?!!!

Fixed a bug, then get two bugs.... LOL

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Neotic

Can't tell if this is a bug or feature; but if it is a bug i like it. When you draft colonist while they have the heatstroke health issue and tell them to stay in a area that will decrease, (ex. freezer), the heatstroke issue after the health issue goes away it un-drafts them. sounds like a bug but maybe not but i like it either way. Anyways loving Alpha 17 so far i really like the new water graphic. But there might be a little to many berry bushes i haven't really had to go on hunting sprees yet.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

giltirn

Quote from: duduluu on May 08, 2017, 07:09:18 PM
What?!
21.60% -> 94.16% ?!!!

Maybe not. The accuracy is per-tile, so as I understand, shooting even 10 tiles will drop that to 55%.

O Negative

Quote from: Neotic on May 08, 2017, 07:40:32 PM
Can't tell if this is a bug or feature; but if it is a bug i like it. When you draft colonist while they have the heatstroke health issue and tell them to stay in a area that will decrease, (ex. freezer), the heatstroke issue after the health issue goes away it un-drafts them. sounds like a bug but maybe not but i like it either way. Anyways loving Alpha 17 so far i really like the new water graphic. But there might be a little to many berry bushes i haven't really had to go on hunting sprees yet.
Pawns will auto-undraft themselves if there aren't any threats around, if I understand correctly. Doesn't sound like a bug to me.

Topper

Rain should come a bit more aggressively in response to fire <--? Big fires are kool..I'd much perfer the weather system not be reactive.

Also how does one skill up animal handling? It seems like most common animals require 6

duduluu

Quote from: giltirn on May 08, 2017, 07:48:55 PM
Quote from: duduluu on May 08, 2017, 07:09:18 PM
What?!
21.60% -> 94.16% ?!!!

Maybe not. The accuracy is per-tile, so as I understand, shooting even 10 tiles will drop that to 55%.

I don't quite understand the meaning of "per-tile" in the shooting accuracy stat description. It's bothering me when translating RimWorld.

Maybe, I need Tynan to explain this.

Neotic

Quote from: Topper on May 08, 2017, 08:53:08 PM
Rain should come a bit more aggressively in response to fire <--? Big fires are kool..I'd much perfer the weather system not be reactive.

Also how does one skill up animal handling? It seems like most common animals require 6
Tame small animals.
I too like big fires (#pyromaniacs). But, they can really destroy the fauna and it takes a long time for it grow back so i'm pretty neutral about this
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

duduluu

I make a simple test. A shooting lv.0 man, he's accuracy really so high.

By the way, @Tynan, you forget to fixed seasons not translated in date tip.

Vetner

Wondering if the inability to Harvest someone's eyeball was taken out or is a bug.?

duduluu

QuoteRandom work failures now never happen above or at level 8 skill (without health problems). Very skiller miners can get yield bonuses.

I look for the Core, mining yield is 133% at mining lv.20, but this stat set the max value as 100%....
The bonuses cannot take effect.