Alpha 17 is on public unstable branch

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vlyxnol

Has Rock Debris when mining been removed on purpose? I don't see it anymore.

DariusWolfe

I've not noticed more animals; about the same, honestly, though I have also noticed that berries seem to be more common .

I use a subsistence hunting pattern, where I hunt whenever animals get too close, or when my meat stores drop too low (for my current 5-person colony, I try to keep meat and veggies both above 200; that's 40 fine meals.). A few large predators from time to time, and in usually good without having to over-hunt the map.

My problem with food since A17 has been veggies, but a bunch of that is likely to be just me getting used to tv new grow times; I got too much of a surplus, so I sold some off to make room, then before I knew it, I was pretty much out of veggies. I had to send a caravan a couple of days away (because the town nearby didn't sell veggies) to buy potatoes.

I like rice as an early game crop; grows super fast (only a few days, even in A17) and lasts for a good long time even is it's not refrigerated. Usually I'll switch to corn after my first harvest, or the second growing season, but I'll usually still keep a small field of rice as a flex crop.

giltirn

Quote from: Vlyxnol on May 07, 2017, 11:16:09 PM
Has Rock Debris when mining been removed on purpose? I don't see it anymore.

No they're definitely still produced. I mined out a small room earlier and it was filled with the things. I wonder if perhaps it is tied to the mining skill?

Tynan

Quote from: giltirn on May 08, 2017, 12:48:30 AM
No they're definitely still produced. I mined out a small room earlier and it was filled with the things. I wonder if perhaps it is tied to the mining skill?

It shouldn't be, but if someone finds it is (with a large test) I'd be really interested!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Topper

Is there a quest tab that lists missions? I was told to bring some spears somewhere..but I cant remember which village

shentino

Still having problems with it hanging.

If you minimize, maximize, restore, or alt-tab from rimworld during world/map generation, it locks up.

Andy_Dandy

Quote from: Topper on May 07, 2017, 06:52:49 AM
There seems to be too much food growing on my maps..I've only played boreal but there was so many berry bushes and healroot popping up that I didnt notice I landed on a Never planting season area for the first season or two.  Anyone else have tons of berries and healroot?

Another thing is the excessive amounts of animals to hunt on the Tundra map, compared to earlier. New flocks of muffaloes etc. are coming alot more frequently during the winter then they used too before. I never fear being out of food even when playing as a tribe, and with no planting season on the coldest Tundras.

Snownova

I just wanted to post that I love how the ungenerated surface of a planet now just looks like an ocean. Such an elegant solution.

Vlyxnol

I got the name wrong in my first post, it isn't "Rock Debris" its "Rock Rubble".

However, Rock Rubble isn't being created when mining. There is no filth being left behind when mining, only stone chunks. In Alpha16 miners would leave behind dirt on the ground called "Rock Rubble" that would need to be cleaned else it would effect beauty heavily for them.

Is this working as intended in Alpha17? Was Rock Rubble intended to be removed from game?

I know its a minor thing, but if it wasn't intended it should go up as a bug report.

Vlyxnol

Flagstone vs Tile costs?

I'm kinda curious why these would cost the same amount. I like the fact that flagstone produces fast, but shouldn't it also be cheaper in cost? I know beauty is neutral for it compared to the 1 for Tile, and that offsets the construction speed, but shouldn't the fact that you can't remove it for resources have an offset as well?

Also doesn't the slower construction speed of Tile allow for skill gain faster? I would think construction cost and construction speed should directly correlate so you gain the same amount of skill per resource spent.

ShadowTani

Quote from: Tynan on May 08, 2017, 01:47:28 AM

It shouldn't be, but if someone finds it is (with a large test) I'd be really interested!
Not getting many rock chunks myself, maybe about 1 per 10 blocks mined or so. However, is it supposed to leave no rock rubble behind either? The floor is remarkably clean after mining, lol.

giltirn

Quote from: ShadowTani on May 08, 2017, 10:04:19 AM
Quote from: Tynan on May 08, 2017, 01:47:28 AM

Not getting many rock chunks myself, maybe about 1 per 10 blocks mined or so. However, is it supposed to leave no rock rubble behind either? The floor is remarkably clean after mining, lol.

Maybe I'm getting confused with the terminology. I mean that I have seen lots of rock chunks (possibly 1/10 although anecdotally I have seen more in some cases - perhaps it's RNG?) but I don't recall seeing rubble - I'll check it out.

jchavezriva

There is no Ambrosia on the list of items you can store on stockpile zones. Somehow it can still make its way to the stockpile zone though.

Mehni

Ambrosia is under Manufactured -> Drugs.

As far as rock rubble goes, I can confirm mining doesn't produce it.

jchavezriva

I opened an ancient room.
There were 3 megascarabs who inmediately began to fight the scyther inside, the scarabs became hostile towards me the moment i shot them, instead of attacking automatically. (Im not sure if they began hitting the scyther before or after i attacked, the scyther was hostile to me from the beggining)
And the two guys inside the caskets jumped outside of them on their own, both with a huge amount of wounds.

Besides that, i managed to rescue one of them, who tried to walk out of the map with plenty of unnatended wounds, obviously he didnt make it.
Thats something thats being bugging me a lot lately, colonists and pawns in general give less priority to their open wounds even if they have both rest options at max.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]