Alpha 17 is on public unstable branch

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhentar

Quote from: duduluu on May 08, 2017, 09:30:31 PM
I don't quite understand the meaning of "per-tile" in the shooting accuracy stat description. It's bothering me when translating RimWorld.

Maybe, I need Tynan to explain this.

It means (accuracy)^#oftiles.   So if you have 90% accuracy, and the target is 3 tiles away, it's .9^3, or 0.9*0.9*0.9 = 0.729, so you have a 73% chance of hitting a target just three tiles away.

I recorded before/after accuracy stats for my badly dinged up colonists (see attached screenshot). The new numbers seem much better to me; both health and skill are meaningfully affecting the accuracy.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

duduluu

Quote from: Zhentar on May 08, 2017, 10:06:07 PM

It means (accuracy)^#oftiles.   So if you have 90% accuracy, and the target is 3 tiles away, it's .9^3, or 0.9*0.9*0.9 = 0.729, so you have a 73% chance of hitting a target just three tiles away.

I recorded before/after accuracy stats for my badly dinged up colonists (see attached screenshot). The new numbers seem much better to me; both health and skill are meaningfully affecting the accuracy.

Why Accuracy^3, not^2?
Just I know, in our real world, a bullet can deviate on the X axis and the Y axis, not on the Z axis. The missing should be evaluated base on square.
May be the square evaluation is incorrect. Because of the bullet's deviation is a angle.
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

Vlyxnol

<movementCostMultiplier>0.5</movementCostMultiplier>

Wondering why all roads have this same 0.5 multiplier? Shouldn't better roads be easier to travel on? I'm not saying they should be drastically different, maybe the best road be 0.35 and the worst be 0.65?

Also has anyone seen how to make roads ourselves? At the moment i'm assuming its not implemented but maybe I missed something.

shentino

Quote from: duduluu on May 09, 2017, 02:36:29 AM
Quote from: Zhentar on May 08, 2017, 10:06:07 PM

Why Accuracy^3, not^2?
Just I know, in our real world, a bullet can deviate on the X axis and the Y axis, not on the Z axis. The missing should be evaluated base on square.
May be the square evaluation is incorrect. Because of the bullet's deviation is a angle.

This isn't a polynomial style square or cube formula.  The distance being in the exponent itself means that this is a geometric progression, not polynomial.

Honestly though, it seems to fall off too rapidly.

roben

I tried the update on a map which is divided by a river. Luckily, there was also a road which provided a 1 tile width crossing over it, but besides that - What is the intended way of getting power across water? Drying it out via moisture pump? Maybe overland lines would be a useful addition now.

Mihsan

Corn is definitely not "best crop ever" anymore. I really cant remember if my pawn got at least one full harvest of it in 3 games. Just right now I had 2 cold snap events during one summer that killed my corn before it could grow over 50%. In the same time my storages are full of rice because it grows faster.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Neotic

Quote from: Mihsan on May 09, 2017, 06:58:49 AM
Corn is definitely not "best crop ever" anymore. I really cant remember if my pawn got at least one full harvest of it in 3 games. Just right now I had 2 cold snap events during one summer that killed my corn before it could grow over 50%. In the same time my storages are full of rice because it grows faster.
I would disagree i got over 2000 corn from one harvest in 2 5x8 (i think,maybe more) tiles. my freezer was completely full that combined with the already 1500 rice stored i was able to last until early summer till i had to think about growing more food

Anyways i have a problem with the caravan requests, they're always for me a high quantity of random stuff 1000 wood for 2000 silver. The problem is that 1000 wood is a lot can the amount of stuff be reduced somehow to like 500? Another example is 2000 smoke-leaf 4000 something silver the amount of stuff is absurd. Maybe i'm not looking at this right is that the max amount? I'm just thinking about that or maybe early game caravans isn't good idea. So basically my request is can we have simple smaller caravan requests like 300 rice for 400 silver or 450 wood for 800 silver etc.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

MikeLemmer

I tried to bring agave fruit for a caravan trip in the hopes it would rot slower than regular meals, but apparently it rots in 2 days on the road as well. Can you change it so stuff that rots slower on the map also rots slower on the road?

Mihsan

Wow: pawns can now walk with one leg only (with ~37% speed). I hope it is not a bug. Also I can anticipate that "install peg-legs on pirates" thing will change a bit.
Pain, agony and mechanoids.

Jimyoda

Quote from: Mihsan on May 09, 2017, 01:25:25 PM
Wow: pawns can now walk with one leg only (with ~37% speed). I hope it is not a bug. Also I can anticipate that "install peg-legs on pirates" thing will change a bit.
I distinctly recall that T said pawns walking with one leg is as designed.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

Tynan

You can hop with one leg! I think it's okay.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Tynan

A new build is going up!

I really need more feedback so if anyone would start a game and tell me how it is that'd be really nice. Last update rebalanced a ton of stuff and I really need to know if it's good!

Changes since last update.

Corrected shooter accuracy calculation tables. Updated shooting accuracy description a bit.
Fix: Psychic insanity lance doesn't work if the target is sleeping.
Fix: Pawns in TradeShips are affected by the outdoor temperature.
Fix: Player doesn't always start in the earliest warm twelfth in southern hemisphere because EarliestTwelfthInAverageTemperatureRange() always starts looking from the first twelfth.
Fix: DateReadout sometimes reports incorrect date because it doesn't recache.
Fix: ListerBuildings is not notified when a building changes its faction. Fix: ListerBuildingsRepairable is updated incorrectly when a building changes its faction.
Fix: Caravan gear can sometimes disappear when swapping with equipped one.
Fix: Graves have a Claim command which doesn't do anything.
Fix 2979: Pawns can run out of path nodes while pathing to Fire
Fix: Event destinations can spawn adjacent to settlements.
Fix: It's impossible to forbid making advanced helmets of plasteel because the option is hidden. Fix: Advanced helmet uses UFT without stuff even though it's made of stuff.
Fix: Mining no longer creates rock rubble.
Add time-advance debug actions.
Remove unused generateMeleeOnly flag.
Fix: Map seeds don't generate the same result every time.
Improve ThingStuffPair text output.

BlackSmokeDMax

LOL, started a new colony about 20 minutes before the new version, oh well, will start again!!

edit: Hmm, doesn't seem to be pushing out the update yet (even after shutting down Steam.) Will screw around with something else for a 1/2 hour or so.

Skinnay

I haven't been able to play today's release yet, but thanks for the updates Tynan.

I definitely "felt" the balance changes. Even on Cassandra extreme the infection rates seemed lower and much less deadly if handled properly. Faster rain in response to fire felt too easy now. I didn't notice a huge change in shooting accuracy, but I was never one to sit down and create spreadsheets over pawn stats. With a good shooter (8+ skill) they would hit about the same as always, and with horrible shooters they would still miss with a superior shotgun from one tile away. Maybe I'm missing some subtleties here though.

Played for 8 hours last night and didn't have any of the bugs with room temperature control or pawn region freezing, so thanks for that.

Tynan

Sorry BlackSmoke - I forgot to set it live. The update is live now.

Skinnay - thanks for the feedback. Looking for more!