Alpha 17 is on public unstable branch

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Thanks everyone! I've moved some posts to the Bugs forum and taken notes on others. I think the game's working pretty well but there are some quirks I still want to resolve. Look forward to new test build(s) soon.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Meziljin

i just started a new game for the first time with the last build and i got an horrible new.... the skill bars are collapsed into smaller ones during the choice of the pawns, they are so much short that are not useful as graphic tool for the choice of the characters, only numbers works fine

is it intended or bug? i use italian translation, could it be the cause? never happened before :(

during the game i noticed the raid rate is reduced, i got only 2 attacks in 1 year (one of them was a pirate raid after a refugee joined me..

Tynan

Okay! A new build is going up. This is build 1539.

Feedback is very useful, please keep it coming!

---------------

In bills detail window, don't print "Minimum skills: (none)". Just print nothing if there are no required skills.
Producing smokeleaf joints no longer relates to Intellectual skill or to DrugProductionSpeed stat. It is now a skill-less bill.
Item stash location fee reduced.
Faction bases in general have a bit fewer defenders. Outpost SitePart (used in bandit camp quest and elsewhere) percentage of faction base combat power 50% -> 40%. Quest rewards are a bit more consistent (2k->3k now)
Water ripples are scaled larger.
Refactored some debug output into the data analysis classes.
Made grenadiers much less common.
Added a new debug readout to show the proportions of a given pawn kind that spawn with various weapons. Reduced commonality of incendiary launcher and increased commonality of survival rifle.
Revert "Fix: Players could accidentally generate a 5%-coverage planet if in dev mode."
Fix: Pawn footprints occasionally cause rendering issues.
Fix: Very long and complex paths cause huge lags.
Fix: Starting factions with low goodwill can still be non-hostile, leaving them in a kind of weird interaction limbo.
Fix: PathFinder.DebugDrawRichData() highlights incorrect cells. PathFinder no longer uses an unnecessarily large array.
Fix: Pawns can get perpetually stuck in WaitDowned job if something malfunctions when exiting Downed state.
Fix: Item stash threats are always shown, even if they should be unknown.
Fix: Pawns attacking due to their "configurable hostility response" stand still indefinitely if the target goes out of sight.
Handle bed reservations properly.
Fix: Burned trees not chopped down when constructing floors.
Fix: TouchPathEndModeUtility can sometimes cause errors.
Fix: Force-override-job doesn't work properly with rescuing, capturing, and taking people to cryptosleep.
Fix: If you sell a prisoner and buy him back then he has a null faction which causes bugs.
Fix: Comments in patch files break the patch file.
Fixed some problems with interacting with things diagonally. It's now possible to work on wall frames diagonally (though not blueprints).
Fix: Downed arrested colonists give 2 float menu options: Rescue and Capture, and Rescue doesn't do anything.
Fix: Arrested colonists appear twice in the form caravan dialog, once in the colonists section and once in the prisoners section.
Fix: Birth dates use seasons instead of quadrums.
Reverted the ScribeSaver change because on some computers it now takes too long to save a game.
Fix: "Log plant proportions" debug option sometimes causes errors.
Fix: Pawns will automatically roof in wind turbines if used to complete a room.
Fix: Pawns and animals can mutually enter an endless inescapable milk/nuzzle cycle.
Fix: Removing an infected eye gives the recipe as "amputate" instead of "remove".
Fix: Non-sown plants, specifically Ambrosia, can be targeted by Blight.
Fix: Mod settings don't initialize properly if a mod settings file doesn't already exist.
Fix: Error spam when loading a caravan.
Fix: Herds gradually migrate to the southwest corner of the map.
Optimized and refactored StoryTracker a bit.
WorkGivers can now be disabled directly by WorkTags (instead of only WorkTypes being able to be disabled). Intellectual WorkTag now disabled "produce drugs" WorkGiver.
Various typo fixes.
Removed pop idol Tribal spawn category.

Neotic

Quote from: Tynan on May 15, 2017, 05:55:07 PM

Feedback is very useful, please keep it coming!

Wow lots of fixes in this just wondering should i be making new saves per each build?
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

wyoian

Fix: Very long and complex paths cause huge lags.

I can play again! Was happy when i first found my seed but the lag for any smart raids was unbearable. Seems fixed now :)

Veneke

Revert "Fix: Players could accidentally generate a 5%-coverage planet if in dev mode."

Looking good as always, I just wanted to say thanks for reverting this change. I was worried that the 5% coverage was going away for good. Very happy to see the island maps again.

Tynan

Just uploaded a creative content and translations update. Same build number as before.

giltirn

I'm still getting raids very commonly on Cassandra rough. I barely have time to clean up the mess before another raid comes along. I mean I like raids but sometimes I'd like a break to get my feet back under me.

Sunfish

I notice a weird issues with the graphical layering on build 1539 where rubble appears over trees and spawned on a ship chunk, and the initial starting steel/wood also spawned on top of trees.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

DariusWolfe

That's WAD. Don't like it myself, would prefer proper draw depth on chunks, but it's not a bug, and it's not new to A17.

Tynan

Can anyone else comment on raid frequency?

Any hard data would also be useful. As in, exact recorded raid times. There should be a record of it in the History tab.

Rokky

A quest system sounds great (saw it on Steam), but I think it'll add a bit of opportunity for some other stuff. As in there can be an alternative ending that isn't just ship leaving orbit. Just throwing that out there if it already hasn't.

Anyhow, great work, the alpha looks more like the actual release than, well, an alpha.

Sunfish

Raids feel like they happen less often than in previous games, but I only play with Randy Random, so I can't really comment outside of that. My current game has 2 hours into it Randy Random/Rough, about 31 days, and I've had three raids outside of wanderers calling for help. The first two raids (day 3 and day 12) had one person, and the last one was a tribal raiding party of 3 (Day 29).

Just with this set up, in previous alphas I struggled a lot more on rough, and I think it definitely feels easier so far. The raids have been smallish and easy to handle, and if I had a few more colonists, I would definitely take up missions and leave the base more.

East

I had two strange things during play today.

First, Agave x 2319 was requested as a quest. Agave is a wild plant, it is impossible to obtain on a large scale.

Second, the malaria disappeared during treatment and then returned after a period of time. If it is not intended, it may be that there is something wrong with checking the incubation status of the disease.

makkenhoff

Not sure that it is a bug, but I'm noticing my cooks don't gain joy (from passion) 'while' cooking only when they finish cooking something, but planters gain joy while in the process of planting. This is especially noticeable if you set a pawn to only cook, and one only to grow, both having equal passion. From a home cook perspective, I enjoy the act of cooking more than when I finish cooking.

Regarding raid frequency, and the history tab - it might be helpful to include the storyteller and difficulty changes in the history tab; because otherwise you might skew data by starting a game at peaceful, and changing later to rough for example.

Also, you can get offers that require trade beacons as tribals early in the game, way before you could possibly research it.