Alpha 17 is on public unstable branch

Started by Tynan, May 02, 2017, 02:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oddblade

Just got a megasloth that self tamed on day 12, cassandra classic, rough. Woohoo. That is probably just a really random occurrence because taming hasn't been changed much, has it? I do remember reading that animal farming is supposed to be more worthwhile now. Is that happening?

Polder

I preferred spring/summer/etc over aprimay/gugust/etc.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Polder on May 19, 2017, 01:03:26 PM
I preferred spring/summer/etc over aprimay/gugust/etc.

If you search through this thread you will see why it is not possible for those to continue working. The northern and southern hemisphere are now modeled how weather would actually work. So using season names as actual dates no longer works. What is winter is the northern hemisphere could be summer in the southern. So the new names represent actual dates, and not just the season.

GideonHidolka

Orange1861

Infections and surgeries need to be changed. Infections need to be deadlier in "before gitterworld" era but less deadly in the first three seasons. The first spring should be when the game should stop being kind with infections. Surgery still needs to kill less people from the surgery, but infection in successful surgery should be greatly increased. Historically and even now, if you got a surgery (especially non-amputations) the biggest thing by far is dying from an infection.

O Negative

I think, at this point, Tynan has done more than a decent job at making infections feel deadly for unprepared players but trivial for players who know what they're doing. That's pretty much as it should be, in my opinion.
I'm sure there will be mods for harder/softer infections in A17; keep an eye out for those.

A17 feels great right now, and I personally feel it's 99% ready to be released.

Just got to get rid of those last few pesky bugs ;)

BAKERSTU

As someone who works in the health care field I assure you a well done surgery will have no infection. Infections are not very common anymore and the ones that pop up are very easily managed(baring antibiotic resistant organisms). As the pawns use medication when treating a wound or doing surgery it can be assumed that they are using prophylactic antibiotics.

Cant wait for a17 to go live!

Tynan

New build! 1543

EDIT: At this point we're content-locked and only fixing critical bugs. If you were waiting to play now would be a great time to start.

Bear in mind performance is better on release versions than development versions, because release versions aren't slowed by all the debug-trace instrumentation.

--------

Balanced down prevalence of predators in some biomes so they don't kill off all the prey animals.
Adjusted some fill percents (e.g. cover effectiveness of various things).
Blight is  bit rarer. Diseases start a few days later.
Fix an inconsistency in held or non-held positions.
Fire is automatically extinguished by water.
Fix: Almost all jobs which use CheckForGetOpportunityDuplicate toil make pawns carry more than necessary.
Fix: Pawns sometimes get stuck while forming a caravan.
GiveRandomSurgeryInjuries() now tries very hard not to kill the patient.
Fix: Right clicking on a hungry injured pawn with an armless colonist causes error spam.
Fix: TileTemperaturesComp causes error spam when the last settlement is abandoned.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

DankStone

I hope this isn't off topic, but I'm fairly new to the game, and A17 is mostly all I've played.

People may hate me for this.

- Randy random
- Rough

After several games, I noticed that if you wait until a rare thumbro is about to leave, you can gun it down very easily once it starts. It's clear that it prioritizes leaving even after going into revenge mode. This feels like an exploit seeing as how they aren't supposed to be easy to take down once combat is initiated. If this was intended, you should know it provides a huge boost to early game play in that not only do you get a ton of meat, but now you have some OP things to sell once a trader comes around. I took a short clip, but the file is too large to attach.

Tynan

Quote from: DankStone on May 19, 2017, 07:45:44 PM
After several games, I noticed that if you wait until a rare thumbro is about to leave, you can gun it down very easily once it starts. It's clear that it prioritizes leaving even after going into revenge mode. This feels like an exploit seeing as how they aren't supposed to be easy to take down once combat is initiated. If this was intended, you should know it provides a huge boost to early game play in that not only do you get a ton of meat, but now you have some OP things to sell once a trader comes around. I took a short clip, but the file is too large to attach.

Thanks. Sounds like an exploit. We should fix that (for a future build).
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

squanchy

one thing i noticed,

i had some friendlies come in to help me kill a crashed ship which i had ignored for 2 days,

after they killed the centipede , they walked back to my base.

one had be injured badly and so i rescue her.

the group was going to leave, but stayed at edge of map because of the injured colonist i rescued.

but because the injured colonist was badly wounded so stayed in bed for longer then a day, the group at the edge just waited
and slowly die from starvation, in till half the group was dead then, they decided to flee

Neotic

I love the new flag stone and the texture for the tile but i noticed something, they both cost the same but the tile has a +1 beauty effect. I would suggest lower the cost of the flagstone.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Wintersdark

Flagstone is vastly faster to lay.

Pawn labour is a real resource.

A RANG MA

Quote from: Neotic on May 19, 2017, 09:19:34 PM
I love the new flag stone and the texture for the tile but i noticed something, they both cost the same but the tile has a +1 beauty effect. I would suggest lower the cost of the flagstone.

I agree on lowering the cost for flagstone slightly, but not because of the beauty effect; I think the cost for beauty can be considered to be the extra work amount needed for tiles. Rather, I think flagstone should cost less because you don't get any resources from removing it, so it's a little more wasteful to use flagstone if you're indecisive like me and end up removing floors fairly often.

Neotic

1100 silver to request a trade caravan? that's seems ridiculous , that's nearly double A16 amount of 600
BRAIN-OVERLOAD