Which of the starting scenarios do you use the most?

Started by NinjaDiscoJew, May 05, 2017, 10:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these starting scenarios do you use the most?

Crash landed Scenario
31 (56.4%)
Tribal Start Scenario
3 (5.5%)
Rich Explorer Scenario
4 (7.3%)
Custom Scenario
17 (30.9%)

Total Members Voted: 55

NinjaDiscoJew

Curious to see what scenario people use most. If you choose custom scenario, if you would be so kind to post what exactly the custom scenario is, it would be much appreciated.  ;D

BlackSmokeDMax

~ 45% of the time: Tribal custom (no pets is only customizing)

~ 45% of the time: Crashlanded custom (no pets is only customizing)

~ 10% of the time: 1 person custom (start with no items at all)

giltirn

This time round I'm trying the one-person no starting items scenario. I'm not finding it particularly difficult aside from the lack of components compounded by the 0 mining skill of my pawn (A17 this matters much more), but it's a refreshing change.

Limdood

I modify the existing scenarios to turn off certain events.

I turn off self-taming animals, traveller groups (i keep visitors...just remove the travellers who pass thru without stopping), single animal manhunter (group is meaningful, 1 manhunter squirrel is a waste of time), and short circuit (zzzt).

Once that is done, i enjoy any of the scenarios...so i usually play a custom scenario that is really a copy of the existing scenarios with those events disabled.

keylocke

nudist cannibal lesbians. everyone. need i say more?

Marchingbedlam

I am boring and stick to the crash-landed scenario, the others often feel sort of "off". I however have had fun starting off with the tribal start and slowly grinding my way up to the space age.

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: keylocke on December 14, 2016, 06:59:28 PM
can i get MS paint version of neurotic lesbian cannibals?

edit : make it look hot.
It's you!

I primarily stick to crashlanded or a custom start from nothing skeenario

Ouroboros

When I started playing my first game was rich explorer. Then I discovered cannibalism and such and wanted all my dudes to have 2 out of 3 of: Sanguine, Iron willed, Bloodlust, Cannibal, psychopath.

Been playing crashlanded the most, so voted for that. But lately I've been starting with the tribal start. The main reason is that I feel using mods or the editor is cheating. So to get 5-7 colonists with the above traits legit was really hard on crashlanded. So I'm now playing Tribal only, so I can start with 5 people that all have 2 out of 3 of sanguine, iron will, bloodlust, cannibal and psychopath. It makes the early game harder IMO, but it makes the midgame better. So I consider tribal start an investment in the future. 

Research isn't a big deal. A researcher with 10+ research and passion will research stuff super fast anyway.

ArguedPiano

I play a slightly tweaked Crash Landed for the most part on Randy Intense. Add 'Climate Change' for additional randomness. And i'll usually force pick a Husky as my pet cause I tend to play in the coldest boreal forest I can find.

Lately I've tried a similarly tweaked Tribal and enjoyed the difficulty as far as researching goes. Makes each tech that much more valuable.
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Ukas

Custom, 1 pawn, 1 female husky, 8 medkits with, 7 survival meals scattered around the map. That's all, no weapons or materials. Randy/Intense, map size 400x400.  I use the same character called Lebowski, skills varying from 0 to 5 at maximum, sanguine & greedy night owl.

I like to have my colony in boreal area, so to make the early game less easy I mostly start the game at winter.

Headshotkill