First pics from ALPHA 17 (Unstable)

Started by Headshotkill, May 02, 2017, 04:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshotkill

Link to gallery to see pics larger: https://postimg.org/gallery/fyz4wgm4/

*Drooling*

NOTE: These pictures were made ingame using the unstable release, so everything you see does NOT represent the final product.  ;)

Shinzy

Now go find an area with road and river and coast and some mountains for good measure :p
should be really swell

Headshotkill

Good job on the river drainage, looks very realistic with the small streams coming together and forming a big river towards the ocean.

A Friend

I wonder if we'll be able to build bridges. Also the road looks quite ugly on the map screen but that's just me.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Jimyoda

Irwin was a new addition to the colony. He couldn't haul or do much else, just construction really. Someone mentioned bridges and off he went.
"Ummm, Irwin, that's enough... I think you can go build something else now."

FYI, the pic is from Ostriv.
Quote from: Rahjital on July 09, 2015, 03:09:55 PM
"I don't like that farmers chop people up."

Obviously she has already played Rimworld :P

Read the wiki. Edit the wiki. Let the wiki be your guide.
http://rimworldwiki.com/

O Negative

Quote from: A Friend on May 02, 2017, 10:23:53 PM
I wonder if we'll be able to build bridges. Also the road looks quite ugly on the map screen but that's just me.

I haven't seen any options like that when I formed a caravan or anything like that in the world map, but I could just be doing something incredibly wrong. *RimWorld UI still has a tendency to hide options. Even if we don't have that option, rivers don't appear to block travel.

More than that, though, I was looking for a way to make my own roads, but there doesn't appear to be a function to do that*

I agree with you about the roads'... aesthetic? If that's the right word?

Quazimojojojo

Speaking of caravans, can you still only put things on muffaloes and dromedaries, or did he finally allow you to use any animal capable of hauling to carry stuff?

Snownova

I seem to recall Tynan posting somewhere that Alpaca's would be caravan animals as well in A17.

Quazimojojojo

Man, I just want a caravan of bears, pigs, and huskies. Is that too much to ask?

Andy_Dandy

I hope and predict caravan animals will be limited so they will be extra attractive to get.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Quazimojojojo on May 03, 2017, 01:01:44 AM
Man, I just want a caravan of bears, pigs, and huskies. Is that too much to ask?

My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh