[A17] error from shield belts upon launch

Started by pmcd124, May 03, 2017, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pmcd124

Launched the game after installing the unstable branch through steam, got a error log. Said something about shield belts, attached the log. No mods installed, first time launching it. Hope it helps!

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

zeidrich

This might be a bug, I'm not sure, or it might just be something that shows up because it's in unstable and extra logging is shown.  I got these errors too when I first launched.

The first error you get is Mods config data is 1393 while we are at build 1526. Resetting.  This is just because in modsconfig.xml, the build is set to 1393 (A16), and it corrects it.

Next is a message about being able to find the concept for personalshields.  This is because it's checking the knowledge DB and the personalshields concept is removed from the game, but you've already got an entry in there saying whether or not you have been told the old concept. 

Next is a message about failure to load key/value pair which is likely related to the fact that there was a null reference result from the personalshields concept lookup.

Next is a message that there is no data for the new concept for ShieldBelts, so it's being added to the knowledge database.

Next is a message that there is no data for the new concept for DoorOpenSpeed, so it's being added to the knowledge database.

Then the last three errors repeat. 

It's trying to reconcile old data in the knowledge database for things that have been changed, or new concepts that have been added.  I noticed that I didn't get this message the second time I launched. This might be a bug, or it might be something that would normally get logged, but just not show the debug log in a release build. 

ison

These errors are harmless. They appear because the config data is missing some new params. They should only appear in Dev mode. Thanks for reporting though.