[A17] Game hangs while Generating Map

Started by KageNoOni, May 04, 2017, 01:08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KageNoOni

The development console opens and it repeats the same messages over and over.  Tried to spawn {Animal#####} out of bounds at (-1000, -1000, -1000).  It's been hanging like this for around 20 minutes, so it's not just going slowly.

Screenshot

thinkdude

Same problem here but only if I choose a larger map size .  It specifically happened when I choose 350 x 350 or 400 x 400 ..

KageNoOni

I was mostly using defaults.  I didn't touch map size, starting season, or mods.  The only thing I changed was 50% world size instead of 30%.

thinkdude

yeah and I actually had the same problem pop up on my default size map. just not  during generation , but instead about 5 min after starting .

SURU

Start including some logs to help devs..
CraPC: AMD Phenom X3 8750 | Club 3D Radeon 7770 | Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3 | 4GB RAM DDR2 2x2GB Kingston
Don't go this way!

KageNoOni

Quote from: SURU on May 04, 2017, 04:39:06 AM
Start including some logs to help devs..

There aren't any.  I checked.  The logs I do have are dated March 27th, April 2nd, April 12th, and two for April 26th.  None of them apply here.

Edit: By the way, there were errors generated, the kind that usually show up in logs.  In my first post, I quoted the exact errors, and even linked a screenshot of the errors.

Kokiethumper

I had this issue but only when trying to generate a map with both a road and a river.

ison

I think this bug is already fixed, but I'd like to make sure. Could you please upload the logfile? It should be in RimWorldWin_Data/output_log.txt Thanks

KageNoOni

That file is absurdly large.  It's a shame there aren't any dates in the file, as it would be easier to find only the relevant section of the log.  I'm attempting to upload it now, but the file is nearly 300 MB in size, and Pastebin is uploading it rather slowly.  The relevant errors are actually over 60k lines long, and look about the same as what was in the screenshot.

KageNoOni

Ok, got it uploaded to Google Drive.  Pastebin gave me a 413 error.

output_log.txt

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - Here is a link for the download friendly 1Mb compressed version of the above log file.
http://www14.zippyshare.com/v/sdyo98fh/file.html

ison

Quote from: KageNoOni on May 04, 2017, 05:10:48 PM
That file is absurdly large.  It's a shame there aren't any dates in the file, as it would be easier to find only the relevant section of the log.  I'm attempting to upload it now, but the file is nearly 300 MB in size, and Pastebin is uploading it rather slowly.

Wow, okay. All of those errors were most likely thrown at roughly the same time (the logfile gets overwritten every time you start the game iirc). You most likely got 1 error per each spawned thing.

The main cause of this bug is already fixed in 0.17.1528. Furthermore I made sure that similar bugs won't cause that many errors to appear in the future.

@Calahan thanks for the link.