I care not either way
3 (20%)
Your ideas deserve no consideration
3 (20%)
I hate you for thinking these things
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

DNK

That basically. It'd take longer to neutralize an enemy (3x time?), but they would receive limited injuries. Would be extremely useful for breaking up intra-colonist fights too.

Think of all the slaves rescued and released frenemies you could have!

horus

if you remove the leathal danger of some mental breaks like berserking you might as well just remove them from the game, they are ment to be challenging and punishing.

I think there are a few mods that already have nonlethal weapons so if you fear the challange you can always use them.

O Negative

I've found that non-lethal weapons are really hard to balance. I've only ever made one mod featuring them (blowguns), but it's not hard to imagine how other forms of non-lethal weapons would be hard to balance also.

On one hand, you have mental breaks that can last way too long and be a bit overbearing for what they're supposed to be worth. Colonist wandering around for almost a full 24 hours as their infected pinky toe festers until the pawn dies, for instance. These are cases where non-lethal ways to restrain colonists would be a great addition.

On the other hand, you have raids and recruitment, and an organ harvesting economy... Having non-lethal weapons available makes it far too easy to build your colonist population, and make loads of silver by harvesting organs or just selling prisoners to slave traders.

I really like having non-lethal weapons, and will continue to use my own mod for them. But, I understand why Tynan might not like the idea of having them in the core game.