Group feature for Allowed Areas or designated Animal Refuge zone

Started by The Man with No Name, May 05, 2017, 12:57:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Man with No Name

I have over forty animals now of various different biological Classes and Orders. These forty or so animals are divided into four different Allowed Areas according to their type and function (pets, hunting pets, farm animals, outdoor roaming animals).

Whenever the base is attacked, I send them all to a new "Animal Refuge" area for safety. This requires changing the allowed areas of 40+ animals. When the attack is over I have to change the 40+ animals back to each of their original Allowed Areas.

This could be simplified in one of two ways:

i) A way to group animals together in the Allowed Areas tab. So I could create a "Farm Animals" group and put all my turkeys, cows and so on into it and would only have to change one allowed area tab for all of them each time.

ii) Have a designated "Animal Refuge" area that all animals will go to with just a single click for use in times of emergency. When the emergency is over, one would be able to unclick it and all the animals would go back to their original allowed areas.

Hans Lemurson

Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

ymc

Upvote! A "muster point" style zone would be amazing for colonists too.

Although, I did once have over 400 CPU-consuming chickens in a designated "Meat Shield" zone, and I'd just let the raiders slaughter them for me for a few hours until they got bored and left with whatever they could grab, which was one chicken corpse each, haha.