0.17.1528 - Ambrosia stops growing if frozen

Started by ReZpawner, May 05, 2017, 04:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReZpawner

In the latest version (0.17.1528), ambrosia appears to stop growing if it gets too cold.

According ot the tooltip, it has a growth rate of 54% (it's been at 100 previously), non-ideal temperature and a temperature growth multiplier of 54%.
They spawned and grew fairly quickly to 6.9%, which is nice. The problem is that it's now been it's been stuck on 6.9% grown for the past 3 seasons, which is a bit much even if it's growing at half speed. The tooltip changes to reflect the temperatures, but it never grows.

If this is intended, perhaps alter the tooltip?

Map type: boreal forest, no growth period.

ison

Could you please attach the savefile? Thanks

ReZpawner

11+ mb, so no. I cannot attach it.

Steps to reproduce:

Start a new map, set the settings to -2 on the coldness scale, other one doesn't matter what so ever. Create a colony at a tile with boreal forest with growing period: never. Spawn in the ambrosia and throw in a coldsnap if necessary to trigger the bug. (you probably won't even need the coldsnap, just leave it out over night.)

Calahan

Quote from: ReZpawner on May 05, 2017, 04:51:02 AM
11+ mb, so no. I cannot attach it.
Please use a third party service to host the file and then post the download link. Such file hosting services are offered by GoogleDrive, Dropbiox, Mega, Zippyshare, and several others.

ison

I followed these repro steps but the inspect string says: "Growth rate: 0% Non-ideal temperature. Not growing."

ReZpawner

https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApDpirE9xEvAiyrZjJnz8IQGykya onedrive link. the camera should point directly at it, but if it doesn't, there are some handy arrows to follow.

I just tried loading it now though, and now it does indeed say that it's non-ideal temperature. not growing. It's seems that loading the game fixed it. Doesn't leave a lot of clues as to why it happened though.

ison

bump, maybe problems with map temperature caching?

Tynan

Probably fixed now (temp caching bug).

Thanks for the report!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog