Any thing wrong with this base?

Started by APBRainbowcar, May 06, 2017, 04:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

APBRainbowcar

Xav

Where do your pawns eat?  I see no table/dining room.

Adding an access door to the south wall of the freezer would allow your cook quicker access to raw meal ingredients.

Just a thought.  Good luck!

Bakar

you should have some kind of defence to the west of your base
Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.

DariusWolfe

Your hospital should ideally have sterile tiles. Also, dividing them into individual rooms can help minimize the disturbed rest debuff, as your caretakers move around and take care of the wounded.

I also recently learned that filth in the kitchen contributes to food poisoning, so dividing your butcher bench from your stove is a good idea, and I've been putting sterile tile in my kitchen as well.

Calahan

Headshotkill

Defenses look inadequate to me, Close of the little passage North East of your base and South entrance, then you can either fortify the North West and West or close off one of those.

iceteazz

Quote from: APBRainbowcar on May 06, 2017, 04:06:11 PM
Hello, Wondering if there is anything i can improve?
https://gyazo.com/0dd55d19be3dfb3e5dff59d169244f55
Thanks!

_ I don't know about others, but i don't build vilage-alike base, because if there are man hunter packs and you couldn't build an outer wall yet, you're doomed.

RimworldOx

Almost every aspect of your base could be improved, its basically trash, but a great base for early game.

Having your base made out of wood is terrible, so is not walling off your rooms, meaning your colonists consider all your rooms 'ugly' since the walls are made of the mountian itself.

Like already mentioned, your hospital is cancer and there is little to no defenses.

Sian

Where to start ... well, lets do it in no particular order as I notice it by looking at it...

Little to no defenses of any type, anywhere (the best you got is semi-organized piles of chunks that you could hide behind)

Long distance between Kitchen and freezer, meaning that your cook(s) are going to waste a lot of time running back and forth, very rough guesstimate given the distances I'd even guess that they'll only work at 1/4th of their (practically) optimal speed.

Your freezer lacks an 'airlock' that could keep it easier to keep going in terms of needing to use less Electricity to keep coolers running

Bedrooms is weirdly neither or, in terms of size ... they're to big to be cubbyholes that are as area wise efficient as possible (and sorting out the mood other ways), but they're way to small to negate any mood issues that could spring from having a small bedroom

There's a lot of dead space which could have been used effectively immediately to the north of your barracks which could have been used for farming purposes

Electrical wires are on open ground, giving a minor beauty debuff, instead of being inside your walls where they wouldn't give this debuff.

You're properly farming to much cotton.

Beyond very early game, Wooden walls are arguably the worst type of walls as they are destroyed easily, specially by fire

In general your door / 'hallway' placements leads to a fair bit of wasted time by going the long way around things that makes your base inefficient

your prison cells are far away from where you'd expect your pawns to be whenever they want to go talk to him, leading to a fair walk whenever they either want to try and recruit, medicate or deliver meals.

By bed count, your hospital is probably somewhat oversized (I'd probably scale it to between 1/3rd to 1/4th of your pawns), and the lack of Sterile flooring is a concern

Hierophant

Your defensive positions are horrible. How do you defend your base? Close off the north side and plant some turrets on the south side chokepoint.

Where are your sources of joy?

And why do you have so many prisoner beds? I don't play at high difficulties, but do you really need five prisoner beds?? Oh well.

Organize your stock better and put a door closer to your workshops. Likewise, put a door from your food stock that goes right into the cultivated fields. Maximize flow, in other words: make sure that your pawns have to take a minimum of steps to do the logical progression of work (harvest, carry food to food stocks, take food from food stocks to cooking area, store finished meals).

Edixo

This thread should have a trigger warning.
Nothing says "Home Security" like 50 turrets

vampiresoap

Oh my...you dug into the mountain...prepare for constant pest control ;)

Sian

Quote from: Hierophant on May 10, 2017, 03:56:26 AMAnd why do you have so many prisoner beds? I don't play at high difficulties, but do you really need five prisoner beds?? Oh well.

The 4 blue beds are Guest Beds from Hospitality mod

RazorHed

Fixed your base a little

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Hans Lemurson

You are missing the corpse-rat meat locker.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.