[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Ruisuki

goodbye forever panda! You were a noble creature

Kori

:(
Thank you for all the work and time you put into your mods, they add so much to the game!
I hope you will stick around, even if you don't mod anymore.

Canute

*open a Cupro soda and prost a farewell to cuproPanda*

cuproPanda

I'll still be around. You might even see something from me in the future, unrelated to RimWorld. That's a little bit of wishful thinking on my part, but who knows?
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Harry_Dicks

cuproPanda thank you so much for all of your hard work, you really have added joy into my game, and therefore into my life. I'm sorry to see you retire from modding, but I hope whatever life throws you next will be even more rewarding. I'm sure I've bugged you with a hundred silly questions, but I am grateful for you taking the time to listen and answer them :)

Ruisuki

Did Cupro entrust the mod to anyone? Wondering if the disappearing bookshelves/rocks being replaced by books issue for additional joy objects mentioned in the steam page will eventually be addressed.

Harry_Dicks

cuproPanda has all of his work with licenses and you can see them posted in the OP. So anyone is free to do anything with any of his work, as far as I can tell. As long as you stay within the bounds of the license.

I remember I had actually modified his Glow Stones to be what I was calling "blood glow stones" because I had changed the color on everything to red with a red glow :P I also had changed around the water in Zen Garden so that it was red in the fountains and waterways, similar to blood. That was one of the first things that I actually modified for myself, and I thought it was so cool! ::)

Anyway, I had asked cupro if he cared if I released it, and he said of course not. Anyway, I doubt anyone would care for it, but if there are any major issues with some of these mods, I would hope that someone could come along to help fix them eventually.

Right now, the only mod of his I am using is Quarry. I really do love it, I think it's one of the most perfect mods for getting infinite (if you choose so!) resources over the course of the game. Especially because you can set it up to spit out whatever resources you want at whatever percentage you want as well. Also looks like it would be really great if you want to use the Prison Labor mod, that you could have your pawns watching over all of the prisoners as they toil away in the quarry, chain-gang style.

Canute

Good ole Lucky Luke comics when the Dalton's whack stone's at the prison ! :-))

Harry what do you think to add some glowing floor out of the glowstone dust/tile ?

Kori

Quote from: Ruisuki on March 03, 2018, 07:20:52 PM
Did Cupro entrust the mod to anyone? Wondering if the disappearing bookshelves/rocks being replaced by books issue for additional joy objects mentioned in the steam page will eventually be addressed.

Disappearing objects after construction can often be fixed by changing the load order, I had the same problem with the chandeliers from the glowstone mod.
This mod is close to the top of my load order and I can build bookshelves.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on March 04, 2018, 04:12:18 AM
That's too funny! On a random guess, Canute, are you from France or Denmark?

Harry what do you think to add some glowing floor out of the glowstone dust/tile ?
It is very doable. If enough people would like it, then I could probably find the time to add it into the mod.

Are you thinking of making it similar in shape to those in the Floor Lights mod?

Quote from: Kori on March 04, 2018, 08:09:24 AM
Disappearing objects after construction can often be fixed by changing the load order, I had the same problem with the chandeliers from the glowstone mod.
Here is my suspicion (of which I am about 98% confident) of what is happening. Also, this is after confirming with cuproPanda about what the issue is:
cuproPanda's mods are made correctly in the xml defs. He does not redefine any cores. However, there are certain modders who apparently refuse to want to do this for their own reasons, of which I would suggest it is for you, the player, to decide if this is beneficial or not. But, when other mods do this, and then they change something in the core defs and are loaded BEFORE other mods, then could make any of the mods loaded after it look like they are broken or not working properly. When really, those mods loaded after might have been made just fine and would be working fine, if it weren't for this other rogue mod loaded earlier in the load order.

The two solutions I have for this so far are: Playing with your load order, and if you don't want to have to spend an untold number of hours looking at mind-numbingly boring code looking for a needle in a haystack, then you will need to sort of "judge" some mod makers, and guess at whether they have made their code right, and then put the ones that you think would be more prone to problem causing at the bottom. Sometimes this is all it takes is putting the good bois up top, and the bad bois down at the bottom. They go to the back of the bus.

The other solution I have is: bisection. Constantly halving your mod list, and making mod list saves (via ModSwitch) until you can correct your problem, and then comparing your most recent working and not working mod lists, and narrowing down the possible culprits from there. I've had to do this before to rogue mods that were REDEFINING BUILDING BASE! I was beyond frustrated when I had to spent over an hour tracking this down. But how mad can I really be at a mod maker, who is making something for free for me to use?

The negative to the former method is that just because you've moved any mods causing issues to the end of your load order, where any issues they may have been causing can no longer be seen or at least are no longer apparent, doesn't mean we've necessarily fixed the underlying problem of a broken mod. That will require identifying the broken mod (possibly through bisection) and then fixing said mod. Whether this is through reporting it to the mod author, fixing it yourself, or both. Because if the mod is still broken, then any issues it was causing before, if it is never fixed, will still keep popping up later on for others, or even yourself if you forget that X mod has to be loaded in Y specific spot for there not to be any issues.

Canute

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on March 04, 2018, 09:03:45 AM
That's too funny! On a random guess, Canute, are you from France or Denmark?
Close, it's the one between them.

It is very doable. If enough people would like it, then I could probably find the time to add it into the mod.

Are you thinking of making it similar in shape to those in the Floor Lights mod?
Basicly yes.
I like these glowstone corner, you can place. They are perfect to light out storage rooms. But i dislike that you can target them, even when raider don't attack them.
So i though about some pretty cheap floor and add some glowstone dust or tile into the recipe and give the floor a glowing.
The glowstone corners got a glow radius of 3, the floor just need to have 1 or 2.

Ruisuki

Quote from: Kori on March 04, 2018, 08:09:24 AM
Quote from: Ruisuki on March 03, 2018, 07:20:52 PM

Good to hear. Does the same apply to the book/rock bug? Or was that one not widespread? If I get one of those bugs I'd probably just end up uninstalling the mod instead of going down the list of mods to track the incompatibility. Idk how many im running now but it takes quite a long time to load my games. I should probably add Runtimegc or some other with utility, oh no more mods! lol

Runelea

Just a heads up guys, the Survivalist mod is missing some of its textures. I've gone though backtracking to find a copy of the mod which still has the missing texutres so you guys can drag-drop them to fix ^_^ If you use release 18.08's Texture folder in place of 18.09's, problem solved.

sajberhippien

Hey, one thing I noted that is kinda weird is that when making homebrew games, it allows you to set an Art skill requirement, but the outpot has no quality and the bench can only be used to those assigned to crafting. Intentional?

tmo97

I still frikin love your mod. It's the only one that adds metals like this. I'm still pumping malachite into people's foreheads :D Thanks so much for making it. I tried modding it but oh well. At least I saw my glitchy metal in knife form when a pawn came and robbed me of both the chance to get the knife and 400 gold because I forgot to get turrets up.

I don't want to beg but please add more metals to your mod.
I thought it was awesome that you added chromium as its own metal :D
Oh my god. I would love to see how you'd implement alkali metals such as potassium or sodium.
I'd say give it a huge flammability factor, but then it would just be a fuse, and then making weapons with it would still leave it lacking. What would be the characteristics in Rimworld?

I say make the metal very light, as in, copper is 9 times as dense as sodium in real life, and sodium is basically as dense as water! Isn't that awesome?!

It should burn in water, and since there's no such thing like that in rimworld -
wait. What if you can make sodium hydroxide as a throwable acid weapon? lol ik it's not an acid but it should corrode people like that. nvm im down to chemistry again and nobody wants it :(

Sodium. What if it's ore would BURN when you mined it? It would maybe burn the miners.
That would be insanely cool if you could mine dangerous stuff. I love world-interactive stuff.
You'd not get sodium metal. What if you got that sodium ore and then were able to split it into steel and sodium metal at a campfire, using some wood? Awesome.

Sodium. Low health. Extremely high flammability. Very low weight.
Goes to sodium ore, can be split into steel and sodium metal using wood at campfire.
Potassium. Very low health. Insane flammability. Extremely low weight.
Goes to potassium ore, can be split into wood and potassium using steel at campfire.

Fun little alchemy in the beginning.
20 sodium + 10 chemfuel = an explosion + scattered neutroamine?
TOO MANY IDEAS!

Anyway I wouldn't mind if you ignored all that and just read this:
-Sodium
-Potassium
-Tungsten
-Platinum (lvl 2 silver)
-Cadmium (lead but extremely toxic)
-Thallium (cadmium but worse)
-Thorium
-Americium
I would be so delighted if you cooperated with the rimatomics mod author and made it possible for americium to grow inbetween stacks of plutonium, or even as waste from the reactor.
Americium is basically steroid plutonium and emits a sickeningly strong neutron flux.

Unfiltered bla di bla. Hope you enjoy, sincerely. :)