[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Tsunamy

Quote from: MissQuinn122 on August 18, 2018, 08:25:37 PM
Quote from: Tsunamy on August 17, 2018, 05:17:52 AM
Here is the last working version of WindowMod with source code, compatible with B18. It was not made publicly available for the reasons given below:

Quote from: cuproPandaThe windows were flickering when placed near each other before, but I made the windows only work in a single direction (placing the light on the inside, not just putting it in the wall) and that fixed it as long as all light sources face into a room, but there is still an issue with the growing zones not working. I blame the lighting engine for that, but it's still really frustrating to have a simple feature not work no matter how hard I try. Once I'm done updating the other mods I'll check in on this mod and see if I can get it working to the point I can officially release it, but the way it is now I know people will complain about the windows not working properly

Given cuproPanda no longer has time to work on the mods and the game moving past B18 very soon, I figure he won't mind the code being released now so someone can try and fix it up like with his other mods.

https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code=XZBHjs7Zpsg649ga9umamw1GoYa9gyjRlrSy

So I gave your update a shot and it doesn't appear to actually... work.
Every time I construct a window into a wall, it doesn't build it. The pawn deconstructs the wall, brings over the steel, goes through the process of building it and then one it's complete there's a brief second where I can see the window, then nothing. The space is blank and I can construct something new there. I don't know if anyone else has had this issue or if it's just me but I thought I'd let you know.
On B18?

This isn't meant for release, it's buggy, I've released it because we're moving past B18 and cupro no longer has time to develop. I thought someone else could make use of the code, potentially.

MissQuinn122

I figured that, I just assumed it would be in a state that's buggy, not non-functional. I just figured you or anyone else intending to work on it might like to know any current issues.

rawrfisher

Quote from: TheWhiteCrayon on August 18, 2018, 07:43:55 PM
Quote from: rawrfisher on August 18, 2018, 11:26:27 AM
Am i the only one who lost all smoothed vanilla walls in the last update?

Can you elaborate on that a bit further? Are you talking about B18 or Unstable branch (B19)?

I was asking it that way just in case it was limited to just me.  I loaded a save after one of the recent updates on b19 and any vanilla walls I had smoothed vanished.  The issue seems to have been some odd 1 off case limited to 1 save so don't worry about it.   Tho I could like the additional joy objects mod updated for unstable  8)
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

Tsunamy

Quote from: MissQuinn122 on August 18, 2018, 08:49:37 PM
I figured that, I just assumed it would be in a state that's buggy, not non-functional. I just figured you or anyone else intending to work on it might like to know any current issues.
Yeah, the building issue is odd. I don't know what's causing it. I think they were only really tested in dev mode with manual placement.

I would see if you can make them work without any other mods turned on. I do know I had them working fairly normally at some point, but it might've been an older build of WindowMod. I don't want to mess with my current B19 setup to go back and test this B18 thing.

rawrfisher

I always use the load modlist from save button in the loadscreen.  Lets me jump between versions
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

TheWhiteCrayon

Quote from: Tsunamy on August 18, 2018, 10:22:51 PM
Yeah, the building issue is odd. I don't know what's causing it. I think they were only really tested in dev mode with manual placement.

I would see if you can make them work without any other mods turned on. I do know I had them working fairly normally at some point, but it might've been an older build of WindowMod. I don't want to mess with my current B19 setup to go back and test this B18 thing.

There's a bit more to it than that. I'm working on a fix currently; it works but seeing as I never used the original mod I'm not sure what is to be expected about the internal growable light and how large the radius should be.

Tsunamy

Quote from: TheWhiteCrayon on August 18, 2018, 10:59:37 PM
Quote from: Tsunamy on August 18, 2018, 10:22:51 PM

There's a bit more to it than that. I'm working on a fix currently; it works but seeing as I never used the original mod I'm not sure what is to be expected about the internal growable light and how large the radius should be.

It's never fully worked, each workaround had its own problems. I think the 'Miscellaneous' mod had windows that could make things grow at one point, but paradoxically, you couldn't actually see the light shining through the windows.

I submitted a suggestion to at least improve the API to make this sort of thing possible in the 1.0 release but I have no idea if it was heeded.

I fear that to get this fully working you're going to need a lot of code reflection to use protected classes, which is a pain in the ass. There's not a lot of documentation on getting code reflection working properly.

TheWhiteCrayon

I've updated Windows to work here: https://github.com/Benjamin-S/Windows/releases/tag/B19

The inside brightness of the light is hit and miss; I'll keep working on it but feel free to test/use that for the mean time.

MissQuinn122

Seems to be working so far, the joygiver actions don't seem to be working, but they DO let light in which seems to be the biggest priority. I mostly just ran a quick test to see if it would even load up, I'll give you more thorough details after a few hours of playtesting.

cuproPanda

Quote from: TheWhiteCrayon on August 18, 2018, 10:59:37 PM
I'm not sure what is to be expected about the internal growable light and how large the radius should be.

I'm pretty sure my original intention was for each window to allow a 3x3 growing area. As for the radius, you have to put in a value and test it in-game until you get it right for each direction the window is facing. Thankfully once the radius works for one direction it should work for the others too. The main issue came from when one 3x3 growing area overlapped another, or when any light overlapped another (possibly when their combined values exceeded 100%). It was a headache, and I'm convinced I was trying to do something the game just wasn't designed for - be it the "fault" of Unity or RimWorld. However, sun lamps can be close to each other without issues, so maybe there is a way to do it right that I continuously missed...
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Tsunamy

I hope Additional Joy Recreation Objects gets an update. The Joy Recreation tab always feels so sparse without it.

Quote from: TheWhiteCrayon on August 19, 2018, 02:54:27 AM
I've updated Windows to work here: https://github.com/Benjamin-S/Windows/releases/tag/B19

The inside brightness of the light is hit and miss; I'll keep working on it but feel free to test/use that for the mean time.

I recommend releasing this on the Workshop as a beta for people to test.

Jake

Quote from: Tsunamy on August 30, 2018, 12:19:08 PMI hope Additional Joy Recreation Objects gets an update. The Joy Recreation tab always feels so sparse without it.
Theoretically, that one should be the easiest to update: Most of 0.19's changes are stuff that shouldn't affect it very much.

Tsunamy

Quote from: Jake on September 02, 2018, 06:03:40 AM
Quote from: Tsunamy on August 30, 2018, 12:19:08 PMI hope Additional Joy Recreation Objects gets an update. The Joy Recreation tab always feels so sparse without it.
Theoretically, that one should be the easiest to update: Most of 0.19's changes are stuff that shouldn't affect it very much.
Believe it or not it's actually one of the harder ones to update.

Jake

Quote from: Tsunamy on September 02, 2018, 08:23:32 AMBelieve it or not it's actually one of the harder ones to update.

Huh. Glad to hear it's in the works though: It's one of the last three or four of my favourite mods that haven't made the jump yet.

Modraneth