[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

EasilyConfused

Wanted to return to playing the game after a long hiatus and was really disappointed to see that Expanded Power was discontinued.  The game is so much less interesting without the need to use special metals for electronics.  Unless someone makes a similar mod, I'm not sure I'll ever play RimWorld again.

WolfgangPolska

I have no idea how, but it works!!!

kooky112

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on October 03, 2018, 05:41:28 AM
Are your mods coming for b19?
Sadly he said on steam workshop he was moving on to bigger better things and would no longer be updating these mods :'(

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on October 03, 2018, 05:41:28 AM
Are your mods coming for b19?

What kooky112 said in post above mine.

Also, in this thread go back a few pages and IIRC there were people posting updated versions of some of Cupro's mods. There should be links in there. They will not be able to change the thread title though so eventually (hopefully) new threads will be created for those mods updated by others.

zmadz

i am just 🤞he will revisit and drop a drop a surprise for us once 1.0 comes around in a week or so :)

cuproPanda

So for some reason I can't post if I quote people? In response to zmadz (and others):
I was considering taking a week or two and updating all of my mods once 1.0 dropped, but I've been out of the modding scene for so long now that wouldn't be possible for me. I would have to relearn most of the codebase, as well as all of the little quirks that cause issues when modding make modding so fun. I shot myself in the foot a little because I was making exploratory mods - seeing what parts of the game I could tinker with and going from there. That means each mod is likely tied into multiple different parts of the game, which increases the time I'd need to spend relearning systems, interactions, etc.. I could update a mod or two, but I wouldn't be able to give them the same level of commitment they originally had, and I wouldn't be able to continually support bugs for those mods.

To summarize: There will not be any updates from me for B19, 1.0, and probably any post-1.0 versions. I encourage anyone who is a modder or wants to try modding to visit my GitHub, grab a mod, and tinker around with it. By all means, release an update! Make a new thread for the mod if you'd like! I'll be playing the game again sometime, and you better believe I want to play with my mods - I made them for a reason! ;)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Ruisuki

Now we hold out for a hero to save us

kooky112

Quote from: cuproPanda on October 10, 2018, 04:20:53 PM
So for some reason I can't post if I quote people? In response to zmadz (and others):
I was considering taking a week or two and updating all of my mods once 1.0 dropped, but I've been out of the modding scene for so long now that wouldn't be possible for me. I would have to relearn most of the codebase, as well as all of the little quirks that cause issues when modding make modding so fun. I shot myself in the foot a little because I was making exploratory mods - seeing what parts of the game I could tinker with and going from there. That means each mod is likely tied into multiple different parts of the game, which increases the time I'd need to spend relearning systems, interactions, etc.. I could update a mod or two, but I wouldn't be able to give them the same level of commitment they originally had, and I wouldn't be able to continually support bugs for those mods.

To summarize: There will not be any updates from me for B19, 1.0, and probably any post-1.0 versions. I encourage anyone who is a modder or wants to try modding to visit my GitHub, grab a mod, and tinker around with it. By all means, release an update! Make a new thread for the mod if you'd like! I'll be playing the game again sometime, and you better believe I want to play with my mods - I made them for a reason! ;)

I totally understand that one Cupro, I have ONE mod for Don't Starve Together that is my baby. Luckily the game hasn't changed too much in what most of my mod does but there is a part everyone keeps complaining about.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. I have a couple of coding friends I could put you in touch with that might be able to help you? I know staying away from coding for so long rusts those gears, but having someone there to refresh your memory isn't always a bad thing either. I have to do that for my own mod from time to time.

dismar

Some of his mods have been re-released on steam by other ppl.

I may bring back his drinks mod after 1.0 since it is what I based my mod on.

Quarry was release again on steam. That I know of..

I will begin reworking the Drinks mod this week! As my mods are on version 1.0 now.

cuproPanda

Quote from: kooky112 on October 15, 2018, 10:59:56 AM

I totally understand that one Cupro, I have ONE mod for Don't Starve Together that is my baby. Luckily the game hasn't changed too much in what most of my mod does but there is a part everyone keeps complaining about.

Anyway back to the subject at hand. I have a couple of coding friends I could put you in touch with that might be able to help you? I know staying away from coding for so long rusts those gears, but having someone there to refresh your memory isn't always a bad thing either. I have to do that for my own mod from time to time.

The issue isn't that I've been away from coding (my GitHub is more active than ever before), it's that I've been working on my own game, which takes up all of my time, energy, creativity, sanity, etc.

Except for this week. This week is a relaxing trip through the Mega Man Legacy Collections before I buy 11  ;D

I appreciate the offer, though  :)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Ruisuki

question about quarry mod. It doesnt seem like its modular, is the quarry itself a fixed building/facility? If so, can anyone give me the exact dimensions? It looks 11x11 to me but the most space i have available is 11x8.

Canute

The quarry mod got 2 size quarries.
12x12 and a mini-quarry 7x7 (i think).
And ofcourse you can edit the Defs/ThingDefs_Objects/Objects.xml to change the size at your own.

And if you look for the 1.0 version of quarry.
https://github.com/Benjamin-S/Quarry/releases

Ruisuki

vandal

downloaded 19.02 friom https://github.com/Benjamin-S/Quarry/releases/tag/19.02 and getting a red message on the mod screen. I used god mode to see if the quarry showed up and I dont see it anywhere. Not even under production?

Canute

And you use the 19.02 for your B18 colony ?
If you use Rimworld 1.0 why you don't use the quarry 1.0 ?