[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

MarineStardust

cuproPanda

Quote from: MarineStardust on May 21, 2017, 05:21:39 PM
:( no more zen garden?
I'm currently working on it. Right now I have a big feature I'm working on for one of my mods, and after that I can test all of them thoroughly before releasing. If you're interested and understand programming/xml, you can check out my GitHub to see the changes. You can even download the mod from there, but I recommend waiting until I release it in case there are any issues :)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

kaptain_kavern

Hi cuproPanda !

I was gone for a while but it's good to see you back and well, buddy!

As always I'm enjoying AJO a lot.
This time I also wanted to try Cupro's Stones. And I found a "bug", from start the game throw an error about "resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed" not intended in TerrainDef.

And indeed in \Defs\TerrainDefs\Terrain_FloorsStoneTile.xml at line 35 there is <resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed>0</resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed>. Removing it "solve" the problem. Meaning the console doesn't throw errors anymore... I haven't even got to the point of generating a new world ;)

I haven't found this particular mod on your Github, otherwise I had directly made a PR, fpr such a tiny thing  ;)

Thank you for your work o7

cuproPanda

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on May 21, 2017, 09:47:33 PM
Hi cuproPanda !

I was gone for a while but it's good to see you back and well, buddy!

As always I'm enjoying AJO a lot.
This time I also wanted to try Cupro's Stones. And I found a "bug", from start the game throw an error about "resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed" not intended in TerrainDef.

And indeed in \Defs\TerrainDefs\Terrain_FloorsStoneTile.xml at line 35 there is <resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed>0</resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed>. Removing it "solve" the problem. Meaning the console doesn't throw errors anymore... I haven't even got to the point of generating a new world ;)

I haven't found this particular mod on your Github, otherwise I had directly made a PR, fpr such a tiny thing  ;)

Thank you for your work o7

Thanks! I don't have the mod on GitHub since there's no assembly for it. The old console application I was using was on my old computer/laptop, and I never got around to installing it on this computer.

I'm really confused about the error, though, because resourcesFractionWhenDeconstructed comes from BuildableDef, which TerrainDef inherits. Plus, that line was copied straight from the core bases. On top of that, the default value is 0.75, which lets you deconstruct floors to get resources. I'm pretty sure there's a mod conflict somewhere :(
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Love

I've been having a heck of a time trying to find glowstone. For something so essential to have without power (light) it sure is rare. Lead and copper on the other hand have been abundant, partly because due to ruins having a chance to be built out of them.

Any chance of implementing windows into Powerless?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Love on May 22, 2017, 01:18:40 AM
I've been having a heck of a time trying to find glowstone. For something so essential to have without power (light) it sure is rare. Lead and copper on the other hand have been abundant, partly because due to ruins having a chance to be built out of them.

Any chance of implementing windows into Powerless?

I'll see about adjusting the spawn rate for glowstone. It's supposed to be rare, but in most of the testing maps I've made very few have had it at all that I've noticed. As for the windows, if I can get the code working again I'll put them back in. I was going to put windows in but I was getting issues

cuproPanda

Expanded Power updated, allows rubber trees to be harvested for latex in the spring or summer, or cut down for rubber wood.

Zen Garden has been added, recipes and graphics reworked, and cherry trees added. Cherry trees grow cherries in the summer, which can be harvested. The cherry tree can also be cut down for wood.

Addon for Cupro's Stones and Zen Garden added, which replaces recipes to use the new stone types.

Have fun, everyone!

Love

I'm crossing my fingers for improved glowstone rates today. Removing the fences would be nice too.

As an aside, I've been hearing talk of a new 'patch' method a lot of people are using, it might resolve compatibility problems between Cupro's Stones and Stuffed Floors. Also it should make it so you don't need to have separate versions of Zen Garden.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16977.msg334072#msg334072

cuproPanda

Quote from: Love on May 22, 2017, 06:27:24 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for improved glowstone rates today. Removing the fences would be nice too.

As an aside, I've been hearing talk of a new 'patch' method a lot of people are using, it might resolve compatibility problems between Cupro's Stones and Stuffed Floors. Also it should make it so you don't need to have separate versions of Zen Garden.

Yeah I've been using the patch system. I didn't even think of using it to replace my own defs, though! Stuffed floors/Stones isn't a compatability issue, stuffed floors does a lot of behind-the-scenes work to generate a submenu for the different materials - there's no way a patch could fix it. That said, I do recommend people use the mod once it's out. I'd add the functionality myself, but I don't like using other mods as dependencies.

Love

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 22, 2017, 07:03:37 PM

Yeah I've been using the patch system. I didn't even think of using it to replace my own defs, though! Stuffed floors/Stones isn't a compatability issue, stuffed floors does a lot of behind-the-scenes work to generate a submenu for the different materials - there's no way a patch could fix it. That said, I do recommend people use the mod once it's out. I'd add the functionality myself, but I don't like using other mods as dependencies.

Is there not a way you could have Cupro's Stones automatically exclude all the data you instruct to manually delete if it detects Stuffed Floors?

cuproPanda

Minor update for Expanded Power changing the way defs are edited.
Minor update for Powerless tweaking glowstone spawn rates to be more prevalent.

Quote from: Love on May 22, 2017, 07:05:30 PM

Is there not a way you could have Cupro's Stones automatically exclude all the data you instruct to manually delete if it detects Stuffed Floors?

I should be able to remove my defs that way. I'll look into it; the patch system is brand new and I'm not familiar with it, but I believe I should be able to do that.

faltonico

Tried to split off 1 of AJO_Perodyne11173 but there are only 0
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.Thing:SplitOff(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\Thing.cs:980)
Verse.ThingWithComps:SplitOff(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\ThingWithComps.cs:304)
Verse.Thing:Ingested(Pawn, Single) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\Thing.cs:1207)
RimWorld.<FinalizeIngest>c__AnonStorey27E:<>m__104() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\JobDrivers\SatisfyNeeds\Toils_Ingest.cs:439)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:387)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:310)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:237)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:116)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:489)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:126)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:276)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:243)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:495)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:73)

After taking 5 perodynes. The pawn got "wasted" but the last one didn't get consumed.
Repeated taking 5 with another pawn and it didn't happen again, the 5 units got consumed.

Love

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 22, 2017, 07:38:41 PM

I'm a bit curious why you haven't removed fences yet. It bugs me in a weird way to have stuff in-game that I really shouldn't be using.

Quote from: Love on May 22, 2017, 07:05:30 PM

I should be able to remove my defs that way. I'll look into it; the patch system is brand new and I'm not familiar with it, but I believe I should be able to do that.

Happy to hear it, that should simplify things.

Love

As an aside, all your micro-mods currently link to the Quarry post instead of their own posts.

cuproPanda

Quote from: faltonico on May 22, 2017, 07:43:56 PM
Tried to split off 1 of AJO_Perodyne11173 but there are only 0
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.Thing:SplitOff(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\Thing.cs:980)
Verse.ThingWithComps:SplitOff(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\ThingWithComps.cs:304)
Verse.Thing:Ingested(Pawn, Single) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Thing\Thing.cs:1207)
RimWorld.<FinalizeIngest>c__AnonStorey27E:<>m__104() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\AI\JobDrivers\SatisfyNeeds\Toils_Ingest.cs:439)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:387)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:310)
Verse.AI.JobDriver:DriverTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\JobDrivers\JobDriver.cs:237)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\AI\Pawn_JobTracker.cs:116)
Verse.Pawn:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Pawn\Pawn.cs:489)
Verse.TickList:Tick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickList.cs:126)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:276)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:243)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:495)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:73)

After taking 5 perodynes. The pawn got "wasted" but the last one didn't get consumed.
Repeated taking 5 with another pawn and it didn't happen again, the 5 units got consumed.

That looks like an bug with the base game handling stacks.

Quote from: Love on May 22, 2017, 07:45:41 PM

I'm a bit curious why you haven't removed fences yet. It bugs me in a weird way to have stuff in-game that I really shouldn't be using.

Because if players currently have fences in their game, updating the mods will make the save unable to load. They will be removed when A17 officially releases. For now if it bothers you, just delete the ThingDefs_Objects/Structure_Fences_POW file

Quote from: Love on May 22, 2017, 07:47:57 PM
As an aside, all your micro-mods currently link to the Quarry post instead of their own posts.

It's stated twice that micro mods share the same post. I didn't want to make like 15+ posts when creating the topic. I guess I'll add a button on the main post to download the newest version, instead of having to view the posts each time.