[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

cuproPanda

Powerless is updated correcting an issue with the More Furniture patch. I also balanced shelter heaters to be less effective (a single one was heating my hallway, kitchen, and 9x9 dining room) and charcoal to burn quicker. The burn rate of charcoal is now about 1 wood log per grill operation or 2 wood logs per smoker operation.

As for the glowstone ideas, I like them. Making the stones harder to mine and allowing them to sell for more would encourage their use, since they can be sold away for materials once ready. I didn't see the issue originally with using silver, because back then the only traders were orbital. Now that traders can walk right up to your doorstep, silver is needed at all points of the game.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Darkmark8910

Hey Cupro, can I ask a super-dumb question? I've been playing with your mods since... Lord, A11 or A12? It feels like it's been awhile!

Where'd you find an A17 More Furniture download? I've been looking all over to no avail, outside of Steam (I play off Steam though b/c Steam Workshop can wreck Rimworld saves way too easily).

cuproPanda

Quote from: Darkmark8910 on May 28, 2017, 03:05:12 PM
Hey Cupro, can I ask a super-dumb question? I've been playing with your mods since... Lord, A11 or A12? It feels like it's been awhile!

Where'd you find an A17 More Furniture download? I've been looking all over to no avail, outside of Steam (I play off Steam though b/c Steam Workshop can wreck Rimworld saves way too easily).

It has definitely been a while :)

I got it on steam... Then went through all my folders to find the right one with the mod, and moved/renamed it. It was a hassle.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Powerless updated, lamps and pylons no longer cost silver to build, and both can be made from stuff.

(NOT A FEATURE YET)
Over the next week I'm going to be changing the glowstone mechanics a bit. I'm thinking of making large and small glowstones. Large stones can be cut into (3?)small stones, and small stones can be forged into large stones. Stones can be crushed into glowstone dust, which can be used to make glowing floor tiles or other objects. Maybe dust can be forged into small stones?

Thoughts? Suggestions? I'm interested to hear how it might be improved :)

GrumpyProgrammer

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 28, 2017, 09:59:29 PM
Powerless updated, lamps and pylons no longer cost silver to build, and both can be made from stuff.

Sweet! Thanks a bunch, cuproPanda!

(NOT A FEATURE YET)
Over the next week I'm going to be changing the glowstone mechanics a bit. I'm thinking of making large and small glowstones. Large stones can be cut into (3?)small stones, and small stones can be forged into large stones. Stones can be crushed into glowstone dust, which can be used to make glowing floor tiles or other objects. Maybe dust can be forged into small stones?

Hmm. Do you plan to make both operations happen on the same workbench? It might be interesting to have breaking glowstone down into smaller bits (ie Glowstone Chunks -> Glowstone Crystals (?) -> Glowstone Dust) happen at the Stonecutter's table, but going in the opposite direction would need to be done at a smithy (you're effectively melting the glowstone back into a larger form). That may be too fiddly for dubious benefit, though.

Glowing floor tiles would be neat. Would it be possible to make glowstone sculptures out of Chunks? It might be cool to have a statue that is also a light source, but I don't know if this is practical.

Maybe have some glowstone crystal chandeliers? Lighting objects that go on roofs and perhaps provide some beauty?

craus

Pls add work amount to <label>smoke meat (6)</label> and <label>smoke meat (3)</label> and <label>smoke meat (1)</label>.

cuproPanda

Expanded power updated, adding patches for Powerless, RIMkea, MoreFurniture, Vegetable Garden.

Quote from: craus on May 28, 2017, 11:14:14 PM
Pls add work amount to <label>smoke meat (6)</label> and <label>smoke meat (3)</label> and <label>smoke meat (1)</label>.

They have a work amount - 3500.

Quote from: GrumpyProgrammer on May 28, 2017, 10:55:53 PM

Sweet! Thanks a bunch, cuproPanda!

(NOT A FEATURE YET)

Hmm. Do you plan to make both operations happen on the same workbench? It might be interesting to have breaking glowstone down into smaller bits (ie Glowstone Chunks -> Glowstone Crystals (?) -> Glowstone Dust) happen at the Stonecutter's table, but going in the opposite direction would need to be done at a smithy (you're effectively melting the glowstone back into a larger form). That may be too fiddly for dubious benefit, though.

Glowing floor tiles would be neat. Would it be possible to make glowstone sculptures out of Chunks? It might be cool to have a statue that is also a light source, but I don't know if this is practical.

Maybe have some glowstone crystal chandeliers? Lighting objects that go on roofs and perhaps provide some beauty?

It would all be done at the stonecutter's table, or the forge(not the smithy). I do like the idea of glowing sculptures, and I believe when I had Dwarven Crafts going glass and quartz was a thing, which was cool with the transparency. I might add art jobs to the forge for glowstone sculptures, I can't remember off the top of my head if they are normally at the stonecutter's table.

Chandeliers are already in Additional Joy Objects, maybe I can patch in a recipe if both are installed! There's a bit of code to copy over for just chandeliers, it would be best if I could patch a recipe.

Canute

(NOT A FEATURE YET)

What do you think about to let pawn enchant chunks or stone blocks into small glowstones ? Min. requirement 10+ research + alot of work.
Large glowstones are results from mining.

Love

Quote from: Canute on May 29, 2017, 03:37:50 AM
(NOT A FEATURE YET)

What do you think about to let pawn enchant chunks or stone blocks into small glowstones ? Min. requirement 10+ research + alot of work.

I'd personally rather not have magic in the mod...

Love

Could you make schist a far more rare map spawn? It is very unpleasant to look at.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Canute on May 29, 2017, 03:37:50 AM
(NOT A FEATURE YET)

It doesn't really fit. That would add a whole new dynamic to the mod that would be out of place unless I added other magic stuff, and then it's no longer a mod about powerless survival, but about magic.

Quote from: Love on May 29, 2017, 08:30:55 AM
Could you make schist a far more rare map spawn? It is very unpleasant to look at.

I can't. The generator picks a random stone type from the ones loaded. The colors can be changed, though. I don't plan on adding any new features for the mod, and I haven't come across any bugs. Going into ThingDefs_Misc/Various_Stone.xml and adding <isNaturalRock>false</isNaturalRock> under the <building> tag of Schist would also work. That would stop it from spawning.

cuproPanda

Glowing sculptures. They're cool! A little too blue, though.

GrumpyProgrammer

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 29, 2017, 04:46:48 PM

Ha ha! Nice work, cuproPanda! That was quite quick.

TA1980

Hello cuproPanda,

my spectago sprites are missing...could there be a mod load order issue?

cuproPanda

Quote from: GrumpyProgrammer on May 29, 2017, 05:19:52 PM
Quote from: cuproPanda on May 29, 2017, 04:46:48 PM

Ha ha! Nice work, cuproPanda! That was quite quick.

Well I didn't finish all of it, that was just a screenshot from when I was testing them.

Quote from: TA1980 on May 29, 2017, 05:58:54 PM
Hello cuproPanda,

my spectago sprites are missing...could there be a mod load order issue?

Missing how so? If there aren't any flower petals, it's because of the growth or temperature. If you have a big magenta [X], I suggest redownloading the mod. There shouldn't be any mod conflict that messes with the flower graphics.