[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Love

Quote from: cuproPanda on May 31, 2017, 12:34:31 AM
Quote from: Love on May 31, 2017, 12:26:09 AM
I took the windows and put them into an addon. I didn't want to get rid of the Powerless prefix/namespace/etc to preserve save compatibility. I adapted the fused quartz patch to detect Expanded Power and change its own cost, rather than having Expanded Power need to patch it.

https://mega.nz/#!RUowiZaS!IofneQ0SQ4L_CMnWX-J5ppumIYg2SIQuyBLQwVQ30K4

Still very unhappy with the decision as windows were the reason I started using the suite in the first place way back in A14, but what can ya do...

I'd try and fix it myself if I could replicate the issue, but I've never had any flicker.

It took a while for it to show up for me, but then it stayed. I'll add the addon to the main post, that way there's not an issue if/when Powerless gets an update. I'm not dropping the windows completely, I just need to get the issue figured out, then they'll be back.

How do you replicate it?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Love on May 31, 2017, 12:36:57 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on May 31, 2017, 12:34:31 AM
Quote from: Love on May 31, 2017, 12:26:09 AM
I took the windows and put them into an addon. I didn't want to get rid of the Powerless prefix/namespace/etc to preserve save compatibility. I adapted the fused quartz patch to detect Expanded Power and change its own cost, rather than having Expanded Power need to patch it.

https://mega.nz/#!RUowiZaS!IofneQ0SQ4L_CMnWX-J5ppumIYg2SIQuyBLQwVQ30K4

Still very unhappy with the decision as windows were the reason I started using the suite in the first place way back in A14, but what can ya do...

I'd try and fix it myself if I could replicate the issue, but I've never had any flicker.

It took a while for it to show up for me, but then it stayed. I'll add the addon to the main post, that way there's not an issue if/when Powerless gets an update. I'm not dropping the windows completely, I just need to get the issue figured out, then they'll be back.

How do you replicate it?

Place down multiple windows. It happened on a colony with just one after a two seasons, but another one I just placed down 5 windows and the flicker started
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Powerless updated, removing joy from meals since colonists won't stop eating them(A17/A16 change). Also corrected a typo
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Cupro's Alloys updated, adding a crucible if powerless is installed and changing the research to need Forge research instead of electric smelting

cuproPanda

Cupro'a Alloys updated again, forgot to add a workGiver for the crucible

cuproPanda

Additional Joy Objects updated, perodyne can now be assigned in the drug tab. A new policy will have to be created for the changes to show up.

cuproPanda

Powerless updated, Updated wall texture thanks to Shinzy

cuproPanda

All mods except Quarry have been updated to the new version of the game. I'm currently in the process of updating Quarry with some awesome features and can't make changes to the old one. It doesn't appear to be affected by the update, though.

deathstar

Keep up the good work, excited to see what you have in mind for the quarry.

mimib14

For some reason, version 17.11 of Cupro's Stones isn't working right. My mods list resets itself because of 'incompatible or corrupted mods' whenever I try to use it. Even with my load order being just Core, Prepare Carefully, AJO, and Stones, I get an error, so it doesn't seem like an incompatibility problem? 17.10 is working fine, it's just the new one that has the problem.

The error I'm getting says:
Caught exception while loading play data but there are active mods other than Core. Resetting mods config and trying again.
The exception was: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Func`2' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
  at Verse.PatchOperation.Apply (System.Xml.XmlDocument xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PatchOperationSequence.ApplyWorker (System.Xml.XmlDocument xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PatchOperation.Apply (System.Xml.XmlDocument xml) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModContentPack.LoadDefs (IEnumerable`1 patches) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedModManager.LoadAllActiveMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.DoPlayLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.LoadAllPlayData (Boolean recovering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__853()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__851()

deathstar

^ I can confirm. Cupro's Stones is broken right now, modlist resets itself, trying to recover from corrupted mods. Tested with only Cupro's Stones active.

cuproPanda

The previous version of Stones was built onto the wrong version of .Net. I might have not updated the github link, but if you redownload the mod it'll work :)

Also, I have (finally) released a new mod: Windows! Windows let outside sunlight into a room, and colonists will look out the windows as a joy activity

Hydromancerx

Will Core and/or Dwarven Items mods be converted for A17?

I really liked the rain barrels as well as the mud bricks.

Ashardalon411

Hello ! Ty for your mods, especially quarry and expanded power, electricity mods are for now very rare on this A17. ;)
But i can't see the utilities for the cupro's allows, of course i suppose they can be used for build metal things, like table, doors and walls, but why choose them than a vanilla metal or same cupro's stones ? How are them special for choose them ? Does they have specific builds with them which make them usefull ?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Hydromancerx on June 05, 2017, 02:38:19 AM
Will Core and/or Dwarven Items mods be converted for A17?

I really liked the rain barrels as well as the mud bricks.

I really liked them too, but the water and dirt mechanics didn't do enough to be worth collecting the resources. Depending on how dirt works for Vegetable Garden, I may use that dirt to make mudbricks if Powerless is installed. Or maybe I could make them free to build, they just take a while to start making?

Quote from: Ashardalon411 on June 05, 2017, 05:56:00 AM
Hello ! Ty for your mods, especially quarry and expanded power, electricity mods are for now very rare on this A17. ;)
But i can't see the utilities for the cupro's allows, of course i suppose they can be used for build metal things, like table, doors and walls, but why choose them than a vanilla metal or same cupro's stones ? How are them special for choose them ? Does they have specific builds with them which make them usefull ?

They are utility based on their historical usage. Their stats are balanced to fit into the game, and act as an option so players can have different colored furniture and such. Certain alloys like duralumin combine the lightness of aluminum and the anti-microbial effect of copper. I'm almost done lining the floor of my freezer room with it. It looks nice and clean, and it is actually cleaner.