[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

cuproPanda

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 08, 2017, 01:18:48 AM
I did a test run with an initial colony of five guys, had all five of them do quarry. It took about three days of continuous work (with 8 hours of work/day scheduled) for the five of them to get 100 steel.

The return rates are configurable in the defs. It's meant to allow a little bit of income when there aren't traders or resources on the map.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on June 08, 2017, 04:15:21 AM
Is Plumchalcum a real alloy? All i could find for a Copper-Lead alloy was Molybdochalkos

I didn't want to us the name Molybdochalkos, so I went with an alternative. Plumbum + chalcum(chalkos)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Hydromancerx

Yeah I don't like that name either. I think i will use that naming for my Zomboid mod then. That is a smart use of Latin there.

cuproPanda

Quarry is officially updated! Please note that the new version isn't compatible with the old versions, so a new save will be required. In addition to the previous changes, I have added a tutor system for teaching players about how to reclaim the soil once the quarry has been deconstructed. I have also added mod settings, which allow players to change the health of the quarry, as well as the junk chances and chunk chances!
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Spiders Everywhere

Just noticed the chandeliers in AJO have no research requirements in a tribal start. Probably they should require electricity.

cuproPanda

Quote from: Spiders Everywhere on June 08, 2017, 08:55:00 PM
Just noticed the chandeliers in AJO have no research requirements in a tribal start. Probably they should require electricity.

Good point

cuproPanda

Updated Windows to use sky colors, show light stats, and detect game conditions like eclipses and toxic fallout

jpnm92

I think i have some kind of bug with your windows mod.

I can't deconstruct them. Colonists try to deconstruct them in a repetitive loop pretty much but they're still there.

That being said i do have a large list of mods.

Edit: oh you did update your windows mod today i'll try it out again

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

cuproPanda

Various mods updated! Mostly patches and tweaks

cuproPanda

Updated Quarry, settings actually get applied now, and I added a German translation thanks to a helpful Steam user :)

faltonico

Hi there Cupro!
Could you please explain to me the "commonality" tag?
If I add more mine-able resources to a map via mod, will the number of veins from the base game be reduced? eg, if the map was supposed to have 9 veins of steel and 1 of plasteel, if i add another resource with 20 commonality, that means i would get in the end 7 steel, 1 plasteel and 2 of the new resource?

I'd really appreciate your help! that bit has always bothered me.

Kolijar

Hey Cupro, I really dig your quarry mod, but when it comes to editing stuff like def's I'm a noob. After accessing the Def files, what exactly does changing the numbers do? -Also a side note, in my quarry on my current save file, all my miners consistantly get a red "Failure flash" when they complete an operation. What's going on there? 

Mikuno

Hello. I there may be a bug with the latest version of quarry. While mining for resources, my miners always get chunks, I tried setting the chance lower, but still pulling out only chunks. And mining for stone blocks always fails. I am running several other mods, but the quarry was working as intended in 17.20 minus the settings not sticking. I also started a new run after updating.
Great mod tho, I like to play on flat terrains and your mod makes it viable.

cuproPanda

Quote from: faltonico on June 10, 2017, 02:25:45 PM
Hi there Cupro!
Could you please explain to me the "commonality" tag?
If I add more mine-able resources to a map via mod, will the number of veins from the base game be reduced? eg, if the map was supposed to have 9 veins of steel and 1 of plasteel, if i add another resource with 20 commonality, that means i would get in the end 7 steel, 1 plasteel and 2 of the new resource?

I'd really appreciate your help! that bit has always bothered me.

Unfortunately, it seems increasing the commonality does in fact decrease the amount of other ores on the map. You'll get less veins, but the same quantity of ore per vein. I've taken up using the mod that lets you customize the map, so I can get 2x the ores, and it works perfectly with a bunch of new ores.

Quote from: Kolijar on June 10, 2017, 07:51:13 PM
Hey Cupro, I really dig your quarry mod, but when it comes to editing stuff like def's I'm a noob. After accessing the Def files, what exactly does changing the numbers do? -Also a side note, in my quarry on my current save file, all my miners consistantly get a red "Failure flash" when they complete an operation. What's going on there? 

Changing the probability increases how likely you are to get that ore when you are supposed to get a random ore. The stack count is how many pieces of the ore you get when you get that resource. As the amount of ores you get goes up, the probability goes down, so that there is a balance to the overall amount received. Some times you'll get lucky(lower probability) and get a large amount of ore, and some times you get unlucky(higher probability) and get a little bit. As far as the failures, the chance of failing or getting chunks is 70% (35% to get nothing, 35% to get a chunk), which may be a little too high for some people. You can change the chances in Options -> Mod Settings.

Quote from: Mikuno on June 11, 2017, 12:13:58 AM
Hello. I there may be a bug with the latest version of quarry. While mining for resources, my miners always get chunks, I tried setting the chance lower, but still pulling out only chunks. And mining for stone blocks always fails. I am running several other mods, but the quarry was working as intended in 17.20 minus the settings not sticking. I also started a new run after updating.
Great mod tho, I like to play on flat terrains and your mod makes it viable.

I think you were one of the unlucky few who downloaded v17.21 with a bug. I realized and fixed it quickly, so redownloading the mod should fix it. I tested it with the newest version and I'm able to get chunks, blocks, and resources.

Mikuno

Thank you! I admit to lurking on this forum a lot and downloading updates as soon as they appear :D

Huivn

I wouldn't mind if you stuffed the simple tables in Powerless! I like to make my prison cells of as much bone as possible. It's a fireproof woody material.