[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Canute

At the drug policy settings you can setup to use some drugs when the mood is below x.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Canute on June 17, 2017, 05:42:56 AM
At the drug policy settings you can setup to use some drugs when the mood is below x.

Yea.. which is why I'm asking if the drinks in the Cupro's drinks mod are added to that so colonists will automatically use them if their joy is too low..

I don't understand what is hard to understand about my question?

Canute

You ask:
Quotewhen they are feeling down?
feeling down is for me mood.
You can setup that the pawns use drugs when their mood are very low. I let them use beer/joints when they are below 35% (major is 33%) once a day, and joy doesn't matter.

Does i misunderstand you again ?

Plasmatic

Quote from: Canute on June 17, 2017, 08:08:17 AM
You ask:
Quotewhen they are feeling down?
feeling down is for me mood.
You can setup that the pawns use drugs when their mood are very low. I let them use beer/joints when they are below 35% (major is 33%) once a day, and joy doesn't matter.

Does i misunderstand you again ?

No, and at this point I assume you are just trolling

Canute

Should i be angry now for beeing called a troll ?
You said i don't missunderstand you, so where is the problem ?

Plasmatic

Quote from: Canute on June 17, 2017, 09:20:30 AM
Should i be angry now for beeing called a troll ?
You said i don't misunderstand you, so where is the problem ?

The problem is you don't seem to grasp that I am asking about this mod specifically, not in general.

Let me be perfectly clear:

Are the drinks made with Cupro's drinks mod (that is to say: Agave Soda, Berry Soda, Root Beer, Chocolate Soda, Nigori, Vodka, Whiskey, Wine, Green Dragon, Coffee, Dead-eye Coffee, Thrumbo Energy, Koka and Peppi) added to the drugs policy list so i can setup an automated point where colonists will seek these drinks out themselves?

Again, Is Agave Soda, Berry Soda, Root Beer, Chocolate Soda, Nigori, Vodka, Whiskey, Wine, Green Dragon, Coffee, Dead-eye Coffee, Thrumbo Energy, Koka and Peppi added to the drug policy window so that I can setup policies for Agave Soda, Berry Soda, Root Beer, Chocolate Soda, Nigori, Vodka, Whiskey, Wine, Green Dragon, Coffee, Dead-eye Coffee, Thrumbo Energy, Koka and Peppi

I even took the time to highlight said drinks for you. See those red arrows? https://imgur.com/a/OekjF

The answer is a simple yes or no

But at this point you can't grasp my question so I'll wait for someone else to respond

Canute

Sorry for the trouble.
Why you made it that complicate, you see these products arn't at the drug policy because they are just food, even when there are hard alcohol.

Why you just don't ask  cuproPanda to made it possible to add them as drugs and not as food only ?

cuproPanda

Quote from: br1zz on June 17, 2017, 01:58:23 AM
really loving your mods !

i found a possible bug with your window mod, it emits a small amount of light even at night when its completely dark outside. the area next to the window on both sides is lit (50%) then. is that intended ?

Thanks :) The windows still have a small amount of glow because I don't destroy them. Turning them on and off caused issues with them updating incorrectly, so they are always on, but adjusting based on the light outside.

The sodas are not listed in the drugs category because if they were, teetotalers would refuse to drink them. The alcoholic drinks are there, and the coffee and Thrumbo Energy are there, but regular sodas aren't for that reason. I would like to be able to allow certain thresholds for when to drink them, but I can't use the drug policies. In a future  update I can rework the joy giver for drinks to only drink them if below a certain joy level, which will be set in the mod settings.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Plasmatic

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 17, 2017, 01:23:12 PM
The sodas are not listed in the drugs category because if they were, teetotalers would refuse to drink them. The alcoholic drinks are there, and the coffee and Thrumbo Energy are there, but regular sodas aren't for that reason. I would like to be able to allow certain thresholds for when to drink them, but I can't use the drug policies. In a future  update I can rework the joy giver for drinks to only drink them if below a certain joy level, which will be set in the mod settings.

Thank you, that's all I wanted to know.

Quote from: Canute on June 17, 2017, 10:17:00 AM
Sorry for the trouble.
Why you made it that complicate, you see these products arn't at the drug policy because they are just food, even when there are hard alcohol.

Why you just don't ask  cuproPanda to made it possible to add them as drugs and not as food only ?

How exactly did I make this complicated? I asked a simple question, you gave me what amounts to a copy paste answer from any customer service support centre, repeatedly no less.

If you don't understand the question (which should of been apparent after the first answer wasn't sufficient) then you either go back and reread everything and try to understand again, or you don't answer again with the same answer (seeing as it wasn't correct to begin with, why would it be correct if you repeat it?)

"Better to be thought a fool, than to speak out and remove all doubt" - Mark Twain

shadowstitch

Oh man, I skipped out on a17 for a few weeks to let the mod scene simmer, and boy am I glad I did. I'm SO HAPPY to see the cupro mods come back again! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm definitely in the "Bring water back" camp. I miss wells and sinks and rainbarrels and bottled water; with the new river system, it seems like this functionality would be even MORE versatile and valuable.

I see some of the Corepanda stuff being implemented elsewhere, but I'd love to see the Cupro furniture make a comeback. I've been using surrogate mods, when available, for the stuff I can't live without, but I still miss the Cupro originals like the single-person table and the universal rack.

cuproPanda

Cupro's Stones updated, allowing up to 8 stone types per map (Available in Mod Settings).

Quote from: shadowstitch on June 18, 2017, 02:40:53 AM
Oh man, I skipped out on a17 for a few weeks to let the mod scene simmer, and boy am I glad I did. I'm SO HAPPY to see the cupro mods come back again! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I'm definitely in the "Bring water back" camp. I miss wells and sinks and rainbarrels and bottled water; with the new river system, it seems like this functionality would be even MORE versatile and valuable.

I see some of the Corepanda stuff being implemented elsewhere, but I'd love to see the Cupro furniture make a comeback. I've been using surrogate mods, when available, for the stuff I can't live without, but I still miss the Cupro originals like the single-person table and the universal rack.

I've heard rumors that A18 will have new water features. Not thirst, most likely, but probably something I can use. I was debating adding thirst, but I am with Tynan in thinking that it would be too much micro. I have already started poking at the code for allowing colonists to gather river water, as it seems the overall vote for the poll is going to stay FOR water. There may be a settings option to disable water usage in recipes.

CorePanda will return in A18, but there will only be shared code. The tables are available in Powerless, and the universal racks are just the standard vanilla racks now. The sinks were way too buggy, and any implementation I do would just be a replication of the ones found in Dub's Hygiene.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Updated Drinks. Barrels no longer use a full stack of ingredients, only how many they can fit

wwWraith

Regarding water system: personally I don't use Drinks, but I liked your sinks in A14 :) Dub's Hygiene is too complicated for my needs. There are also many other potential uses for water. For example, I tried to make myself a little mod adding fountain like a cooler that could be used without outdoor space needed. It worked, but actually it worked even without fueling with water :D Probably it's not a task to make by pure XML means, and I don't want to learn C# yet. So I hope you'll bring a good water system back, but not hard linked to drinks.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

cuproPanda

Quote from: wwWraith on June 18, 2017, 05:58:52 PM
Regarding water system: personally I don't use Drinks, but I liked your sinks in A14 :) Dub's Hygiene is too complicated for my needs. There are also many other potential uses for water. For example, I tried to make myself a little mod adding fountain like a cooler that could be used without outdoor space needed. It worked, but actually it worked even without fueling with water :D Probably it's not a task to make by pure XML means, and I don't want to learn C# yet. So I hope you'll bring a good water system back, but not hard linked to drinks.

The issue I had with the sinks before was that when one sink had water in it, all sinks were considered as having water, and made their rooms cleaner. When one sink was empty, all sinks were considered empty. There's a way to do it correctly that I wasn't aware of before, so maybe I will add them. Without the hygiene mod, there's no need for colonists to wash themselves, so the sink would just have the implied use of washing dishes or medical equipment.

I have made fountains for Zen Garden, but they don't provide any cooling. I like how they are animated:

Randonx

Cupro, do you have changelogs anywhere for any of your mods?