[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 25, 2017, 04:54:36 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 25, 2017, 02:51:16 AM
Hi Cupro, really loving the new preset zone filter mod. (once I figured out I had to "allow fresh" due to another mod I'm using!)

Was wondering if you'd consider adding one more preset to your mod. One for a low priority "inside goods" zone. Kind of the opposite of your "outside" preset. Basically all the stuff that can deteriorate without the outside stuff, and maybe without food as well, seeing as those already have great presets ready to use. Think it would be most useful in early game, but being low priority, it wouldn't be bad to have sitting around as an overflow if necessary.

But wouldn't a normal stockpile work, considering the outdoors stockpile has a higher priority?

For the most part, yes. I just don't like when they start bringing overflow of outside goods indoors, before I notice it and enlarge or copy the outside pile.

cuproPanda

Updated graphics for Powerless and Stones. Shelter walls aren't black on the top anymore, and stone brick walls now look like stone bricks.

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 25, 2017, 05:35:05 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on June 25, 2017, 04:54:36 AM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 25, 2017, 02:51:16 AM
Hi Cupro, really loving the new preset zone filter mod. (once I figured out I had to "allow fresh" due to another mod I'm using!)

Was wondering if you'd consider adding one more preset to your mod. One for a low priority "inside goods" zone. Kind of the opposite of your "outside" preset. Basically all the stuff that can deteriorate without the outside stuff, and maybe without food as well, seeing as those already have great presets ready to use. Think it would be most useful in early game, but being low priority, it wouldn't be bad to have sitting around as an overflow if necessary.

But wouldn't a normal stockpile work, considering the outdoors stockpile has a higher priority?

For the most part, yes. I just don't like when they start bringing overflow of outside goods indoors, before I notice it and enlarge or copy the outside pile.

That is a good point. I'll see what I can do
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Updated Quarry, adjusting resources chances to not be skewed as much. Resources can be added again, and it's simpler than before.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

cuproPanda

Hotfix for Quarry, components no longer spawn up to 20 at a time.

Mufflamingo

Uhhh. . . does your POWERLESS mod adds standalone weapons to the game? Because when I installed POWERLESS, I can choose 2 steel knives, 2 steel spears, 2 steel gladius etc. when I start a new game. (Via Prepare carefully) and when I uninstalled POWERLESS the new weapons were gone.

My problem is I have Combat Extended on, and if POWERLESS adds those new weapons to the game I think CE wont be able to override the stats and weapon mechanics. (I don't know what I'm talking about. Lol)
Bleeeee. . . . .

cuproPanda

Quote from: Mufflamingo on June 27, 2017, 05:29:51 AM
Uhhh. . . does your POWERLESS mod adds standalone weapons to the game? Because when I installed POWERLESS, I can choose 2 steel knives, 2 steel spears, 2 steel gladius etc. when I start a new game. (Via Prepare carefully) and when I uninstalled POWERLESS the new weapons were gone.

My problem is I have Combat Extended on, and if POWERLESS adds those new weapons to the game I think CE wont be able to override the stats and weapon mechanics. (I don't know what I'm talking about. Lol)

It's kinda difficult to add where weapons can be crafted, so I had to duplicate the weapons to allow them to be made at the forge. Now that we have the patching system, I'll see if I can patch the vanilla weapons to also be made at the forge. It'll have to be for A18, though, since that will be a save breaking change

CosmicDan

Hey cuproPanda,

I'm wondering if you have time to answer my question. I'm making an integration/compatibility patch designed for a modpack and in going through your Powerless! mod (awesome stuff btw), I've noticed that you redefine a lot of base classes instead of patching. Is there a specific reason for this (or have I noobed-it-up and misunderstood the effect)? Or should these ideally be migrated to new patches?

I asked about XML inheritance/load order referencing your mod in a new thread here, just in case you're not around - would be great if you could check it out to get a better explanation.

EDIT: I just read your last post, I guess this is the reason (for the weapons at least) or related? If so, what about all the other stuff like PlantFoodRawBase? I don't quite understand why your crops need to inherit an overridden abstract. The only thing it seems you want to do is remove the food poisoning from your crops, but could you not have just written a new abstract which redefines the properties you want to change instead? Or are these Def's from a time where it wasn't possible for Abstract to inherit from another Abstract or something?

cuproPanda

Quote from: CosmicDan on June 27, 2017, 03:19:22 PM
Hey cuproPanda,

I'm wondering if you have time to answer my question. I'm making an integration/compatibility patch designed for a modpack and in going through your Powerless! mod (awesome stuff btw), I've noticed that you redefine a lot of base classes instead of patching. Is there a specific reason for this (or have I noobed-it-up and misunderstood the effect)? Or should these ideally be migrated to new patches?

I asked about XML inheritance/load order referencing your mod in a new thread here, just in case you're not around - would be great if you could check it out to get a better explanation.

EDIT: I just read your last post, I guess this is the reason (for the weapons at least) or related? If so, what about all the other stuff like PlantFoodRawBase? I don't quite understand why your crops need to inherit an overridden abstract. The only thing it seems you want to do is remove the food poisoning from your crops, but could you not have just written a new abstract which redefines the properties you want to change instead? Or are these Def's from a time where it wasn't possible for Abstract to inherit from another Abstract or something?

Unless it has changed in the newest alpha, all mods need to put the bases into their defs. We can't just fetch the ones from the core defs

CosmicDan

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 27, 2017, 03:33:00 PM
Quote from: CosmicDan on June 27, 2017, 03:19:22 PM
Hey cuproPanda,

Unless it has changed in the newest alpha, all mods need to put the bases into their defs. We can't just fetch the ones from the core defs

Oh wow, that's pretty limited! Not sure when but it's no longer the case, thankfully, as I've noticed in my own modding. I just now tested it in your mod; I removed your "PlantFoodRawBase" definition completely, then removed the nutrition = 0.4 from Turnip so it *should* inherit nutrition = 0.5 from the core PlantFoodRawBase, which it indeed does :)

According to what I've read, this also means that any mod loaded after yours will be using your PlantFoodRawBase definition instead of the core game (makes sense to me too, that's how modding should work) so that's a possible problem... e.g. there will be no food poisoning on any mod-added PlantFoodRawBase that come after your mod. I'm not 99% sure if this is what RimWorld mod API does but it should inherit from earlier mods so it's safe to assume so.

You've got the most permissive (non-)license in existence so I've gone ahead and forked your repo to convert all this stuff into patches so it's more compatible/integrated with other mods, you can take a look when you decide to update  the main build for A18.

cuproPanda

If this is the case, I need to go through and remove a bunch of stuff, and make sure to change the base names of the ones I need. Thank you for letting me know, I have a lot of changes to make :)

wwWraith

So I'm pretty sure it was changed. I made some mini XML mods for myself just fetching bases from the core defs without copying them even in A16. And sometimes I just commented the sections that redefined the bases in other people's mods when some other mod redefined them for a good reason. And all worked fine.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

CosmicDan

Quote from: wwWraith on June 27, 2017, 04:10:17 PM
So I'm pretty sure it was changed. I made some mini XML mods for myself just fetching bases from the core defs without copying them even in A16. And sometimes I just commented the sections that redefined the bases in other people's mods when some other mod redefined them for a good reason. And all worked fine.

It's definitely changed. I had no idea that cupro was re-defining ResourceBase, even - I did not need to (I literally just started modding RimWorld yesterday haha) and it works perfectly fine.

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 27, 2017, 04:09:21 PM
If this is the case, I need to go through and remove a bunch of stuff, and make sure to change the base names of the ones I need. Thank you for letting me know, I have a lot of changes to make :)

No problem! I've already done some minor changes and cleanups in the fork I made if you want to check out the commit log. Let me know if you want me to make a PR, or you can just cherry-pick whatever you want of course.

Of particular note, for your reference, is my patch to inject the POW_Forge recipes into any weapon. xpath is pretty cool! The patch in question will find any item that can be crafted at a FueledSmithy, and if so then it will also inject the POW_Forge as a recipeUser entry. Very cool - automagical mod integration :D

cuproPanda

It seems like the best bet is to keep the bases as they are. If a mod loaded before mine changes a base - like BuildingBase - and I simply inherit the same base, I inherit the changes the previous relevant mod made. If, however, I redefine the base as it looks in the Core defs, I not only get the base I was expecting, but I also reset the base for future mods.

cuproPanda

Updated Quarry, adding a rare and minor injury event when mining. Frequency is based on game difficulty

CosmicDan

Quote from: cuproPanda on June 28, 2017, 01:44:58 AM
It seems like the best bet is to keep the bases as they are. If a mod loaded before mine changes a base - like BuildingBase - and I simply inherit the same base, I inherit the changes the previous relevant mod made. If, however, I redefine the base as it looks in the Core defs, I not only get the base I was expecting, but I also reset the base for future mods.

So you not only want to ignore inheritance but you also want to play policeman on other people's modding? People can still just change everything with patches since they're loaded last, all you're doing is introducing unexpected behavior and making more work for yourself.

The stupid crap that other people do in modding isn't your concern - if anybody completely overrides base classes then they should be shamed for it. It's just completely unnecessary and causes more issues than it solves.

But suit yourself, who am I to complain - your mods are still good. Just don't be surprised when this bites you in the butt with someone raging about how long it took for them to narrow down a compatibility bug that was caused by it!