[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

cuproPanda

Quote from: faltonico on July 11, 2017, 08:27:21 PM
Hello!
Can you make it so the windows can only be used for joy when they cannot go outside? (when incapacitated or when there is a toxic fallout for instance) it is kind of silly when they look outside as a joy source and the next minute go out of the room.

I'm not sure if I can or not. I know there's a way to check if a certain area is forbidden, so I should be able to
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

wwWraith

Hello!
Can you make it so the windows can only be used for joy when they cannot go outside? (when incapacitated or when there is a toxic fallout for instance) it is kind of silly when they look outside as a joy source and the next minute go out of the room.

I can't agree that this is silly :) Sometimes you enjoy looking through the window even while nothing prevents you to go outside.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Not to speak, looking through a window should increase Cabin fever, since you see the outside but can't go out. Special when the outside is more beautyful then the inside. :-)

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on July 12, 2017, 03:32:04 AM
Not to speak, looking through a window should increase Cabin fever, since you see the outside but can't go out. Special when the outside is more beautyful then the inside. :-)

Indeed it should decrease Cabin fever (but not eliminate it completely), because your field of view isn't limited by just 4 walls :) Or would you prefer to live in a room without any windows?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Where does 'fused quartz' come from?  ???

timeandtherani

My paintings are popping off the walls! Vanilla walls. When I mark a painting for installation, someone installs the painting, it disappears from the wall and ends up back in my storehouse. Eeeep!

cuproPanda

Quote from: JustALittleCrazyTalk on July 13, 2017, 11:32:36 PM
Where does 'fused quartz' come from?  ???

It comes from the Expanded Power mod, and is made in the electric smelter using quartz, which can be mined like ores. Does that answer what you were asking?

Quote from: timeandtherani on July 14, 2017, 12:41:53 AM
My paintings are popping off the walls! Vanilla walls. When I mark a painting for installation, someone installs the painting, it disappears from the wall and ends up back in my storehouse. Eeeep!

Make sure you are using the newest version of Additional Joy Objects (available from main post). If that doesn't fix it, let me know. I had issues with it in the past, but I'm pretty sure I fixed it. The system for detecting walls is rather complex/delicate, so it very well could still be a bug. I'm in the process of moving, so it will take some time before I'm able to fix it if it's still bugged.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Bowen

So, first off, thanks for your awesome mods.  I find a lot of fun with them.  I am curious though if there was ever going to be an A17 version of Ancient Amulets?  I am not sure why they weren't included (at first I thought, "I'll just be patient, Cupro is a busy panda after all."), but I used to have a lot of fun with them and would love to see that mod again.

Sincere Thanks,

Bowen
I don't mind learning life's lessons from "The School of Hard Knocks"...

but the refresher courses there kill me

faltonico

Quote from: wwWraith on July 12, 2017, 03:12:58 AM
Hello!

I can't agree that this is silly :) Sometimes you enjoy looking through the window even while nothing prevents you to go outside.
I'm sorry but, if you are wandering outside and go inside only to get joy from the window and once finished you immediately go outside is how silliness is defined.

wwWraith

Quote from: faltonico on July 16, 2017, 04:19:09 PM
Hello!

I'm sorry but, if you are wandering outside and go inside only to get joy from the window and once finished you immediately go outside is how silliness is defined.

This example is rather different from what was told about. Still I can think about some explanations of this behavior irl. Like I was tired of wind/temperature/insects/smell but wanted to look at the sunset. So maybe it would be good to consider this speific case and make a specific workaround, something like don't allow looking from the window when the pawn: is outside AND the weather is good (don't forget pluviophiles, nyctophobes, etc.) AND there are no animals or other potentially harmful things AND the beauty and comfort here is more than around the window AND they have no job to do indoors after they relaxed a bit AND so on... But would it be worth it?

faltonico

Quote from: wwWraith on July 16, 2017, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: faltonico on July 16, 2017, 04:19:09 PM
Hello!

This example is rather different from what was told about. Still I can think about some explanations of this behavior irl. Like I was tired of wind/temperature/insects/smell but wanted to look at the sunset. So maybe it would be good to consider this speific case and make a specific workaround, something like don't allow looking from the window when the pawn: is outside AND the weather is good (don't forget pluviophiles, nyctophobes, etc.) AND there are no animals or other potentially harmful things AND the beauty and comfort here is more than around the window AND they have no job to do indoors after they relaxed a bit AND so on... But would it be worth it?
I thought all the nuances of that suggestion would be inferred from the first post.

Anyway @Cupro, you can disregard my suggestion altogether I would probably not use the mod, i will use clutter structures for that.

Napple

Are there going to be different flavor thoughts for the different sodas to encourage variety in making them?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Bowen on July 16, 2017, 04:16:02 PM
So, first off, thanks for your awesome mods.  I find a lot of fun with them.  I am curious though if there was ever going to be an A17 version of Ancient Amulets?  I am not sure why they weren't included (at first I thought, "I'll just be patient, Cupro is a busy panda after all."), but I used to have a lot of fun with them and would love to see that mod again.

Sincere Thanks,

Bowen

I didn't update the mod because they were so hard to get, most of the time once they were available I already had 3 people doing that specific job, and one was level 15 or so. I'll see what I can do for rebalancing the mod and making it better. Traders are much easier to modify, now, so I don't have to add new traders or override the Core. Time is an issue, though. Maybe an A18 release? I might even be able to add new amulets.

Quote from: Napple on July 18, 2017, 07:54:55 PM
Are there going to be different flavor thoughts for the different sodas to encourage variety in making them?

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how it would be done in a way that isn't overly complicated or exploitative. The variety is mainly based on what crops are on hand - if you run low on agave, you can start making berry soda, for example. The game doesn't really have a "taste" system.

Bowen

Quote from: cuproPanda on July 19, 2017, 11:00:08 PM

I didn't update the mod because they were so hard to get, most of the time once they were available I already had 3 people doing that specific job, and one was level 15 or so. I'll see what I can do for rebalancing the mod and making it better. Traders are much easier to modify, now, so I don't have to add new traders or override the Core. Time is an issue, though. Maybe an A18 release? I might even be able to add new amulets.

Ah I see.  It's great to think that you will be working on it again despite your busy schedule.  Thanks for your consideration.  How goes the game you are working on?

Sincerely,

Bowen
I don't mind learning life's lessons from "The School of Hard Knocks"...

but the refresher courses there kill me

cuproPanda

Quote from: Bowen on July 20, 2017, 02:49:15 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on July 19, 2017, 11:00:08 PM

Ah I see.  It's great to think that you will be working on it again despite your busy schedule.  Thanks for your consideration.  How goes the game you are working on?

Sincerely,

Bowen

Progress on my game has been almost nonexistent these past few weeks, which is part of the reason I don't have time for mods. I have to get back to work! I have a huge task ahead of me that has helped me procrastinate, but I've been chipping away at it lately.