[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

LiteEmUp

Quote from: SpaceDorf on August 29, 2017, 03:57:30 AM
Quote from: LiteEmUp on August 28, 2017, 08:09:12 PM
Suggestion for additional joy objects:
- musical instruments like piano, electric guitar, drum set.. musician like job where pawns play music instruments together for a concert

- writing table allows you to create "scripts".. and with actor like job, pawns can perform stage "acting" on a spot you can specify..

- writing table allows you to also create "one-liners".. and with comedian like job, pawns perform funny puns on specified spots..

Have you ever heard of a mod called Razzle Dazzle ?

yes i've heard about it.. and im very interested in adding it to my current campaign.. already subbed to it, but not yet activated it.. and the reason why are in the comments section on both the workshop and here in the forums..

well im very interested on that authors 4 mods(razzle, romance diversified, rumours, recon discovery) since all his mods seems to add alot of interesting flavor to the game...
unfortunately reading through the latest comments in workshop and here, it seems like razzle and recon has some bugs that close to being considered game-breaking(depends on your perspective)... and those alone is a deal breaker for me, even though i do really want to play his mods...
and likely the worst part is the author seems to have moved on to other things.. i just checked his steam profile and it seems he is no longer playing rimworld.. which means any big "bugs" from razzle and recon are likely not gonna get fixed, unless someone is willing to share fixes...

ALT-F4

I'm not sure if I should double post, but as it says to please report any issues: Chocolate sodas are somehow incompatible with the small freezers from mrofa's clutter mod. They show up on the list of things allowed in the stockpile, but they are not kept refrigerated.

Tenshi~Akari

I think I'm realizing this a lot later than I should have, considering how long I've had this mod installed but... on my end, it seems the windows tank performance after a few are built, no matter what the map size is or how many pawns are spawned. :'( When unpaused, everything slows to a crawl & rubber banding is rampant if they're on the map. (Now that I think about it, I've had this issue happen as well with Dub's sky lights, but only when the map was near the area of which the skylights were placed. With the windows here, it seems to be no matter where I move on the map, the performance drop was evident.) 

Is it possible to have a non-lighting-dependent version for decorative purposes? I love the little aspect of my pawns enjoying the scenery, but it just seems my system can't handle but so many windows at a time for some reason. Most I can get is 5-6 before the lag really hits hard. And being the aesthetic buff that I am, I gotta have something to break up the monotony of the walls for my base setups.  :-[

Kori

Hello Cupro,

could you please add some kind of compatibility for Vegetable Garden to Zen Garden, so that you don't have 2 different kinds of cherries (and probably trees) anymore and cherry trees won't be available for planting until you have researched VG's Tier 3 Crops?

cuproPanda

Wow so many comments, and not a single email letting me know..

Quote from: ALT-F4 on September 08, 2017, 02:36:24 AM
I'm not sure if I should double post, but as it says to please report any issues: Chocolate sodas are somehow incompatible with the small freezers from mrofa's clutter mod. They show up on the list of things allowed in the stockpile, but they are not kept refrigerated.

This may be an issue with how mrofa coded the freezers, but I'll check on my side. The chocolate sodas are a bit unique, so it very well could be something on my end.

Quote from: Tenshi~Akari on September 09, 2017, 10:14:21 AM
I think I'm realizing this a lot later than I should have, considering how long I've had this mod installed but... on my end, it seems the windows tank performance after a few are built, no matter what the map size is or how many pawns are spawned. :'( When unpaused, everything slows to a crawl & rubber banding is rampant if they're on the map. (Now that I think about it, I've had this issue happen as well with Dub's sky lights, but only when the map was near the area of which the skylights were placed. With the windows here, it seems to be no matter where I move on the map, the performance drop was evident.) 

Is it possible to have a non-lighting-dependent version for decorative purposes? I love the little aspect of my pawns enjoying the scenery, but it just seems my system can't handle but so many windows at a time for some reason. Most I can get is 5-6 before the lag really hits hard. And being the aesthetic buff that I am, I gotta have something to break up the monotony of the walls for my base setups.  :-[

Windows are badly coded and in serious need of redoing. Decorative windows are a great idea. I don't like not having the light, but other people won't mind having the option.

Quote from: Kori on September 18, 2017, 04:49:16 PM
Hello Cupro,

could you please add some kind of compatibility for Vegetable Garden to Zen Garden, so that you don't have 2 different kinds of cherries (and probably trees) anymore and cherry trees won't be available for planting until you have researched VG's Tier 3 Crops?

Will do. I didn't realise there were cherries in VG
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Kori

Quote from: cuproPanda on September 20, 2017, 04:45:01 PM
Quote from: Kori on September 18, 2017, 04:49:16 PM
Hello Cupro,

Will do. I didn't realise there were cherries in VG

Thank you very much! :)

malomaster

Hi. I have a question.
Will you update your old mod "Extra floors" for A17? Because I wanted that mod with new floors, but there are only version for A15.
Also I will be pleased if you also update your "Ancient amulets" mod for A17.

cuproPanda

Quote from: malomaster on September 24, 2017, 07:47:15 AM
Hi. I have a question.
Will you update your old mod "Extra floors" for A17? Because I wanted that mod with new floors, but there are only version for A15.
Also I will be pleased if you also update your "Ancient amulets" mod for A17.

Extra Floors is now part of Stuffed Floors, which also helps to sort the floors tab so it isn't as cluttered. As for Ancient Amulets, I have been thinking about redoing it for A18, but it will take a fair amount of work; I don't just want to update it, but add new features and balance it more.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

faltonico

Please PLEASE use custom abstracts. It wont break saves if you update the mods with those fixes.

Not having the <DesignationCategory>Furniture</DesignationCategory> in the <ThingDef Name="FurnitureBase" ParentName="BuildingBase" Abstract="True"> is a pain in the arse.

Edit: scratch that T_T
Edit2: Scratch the latter... i changed the abstracts and the files that referenced them and i had no problems =D

Ncates1234

But how do I disable "Quarry" from mining reinforced steel, plasteel etc and Hempoline from other mods? It is way too over powered to just mine a 10x more durable material from under ground at the same ratio. Or kind of silly to dig fuel made out of drugs from underground.

Canute

Quarry is designed to mine all mineable resources they appear on the map.
Sure hempoline and reinforced steel are synthic resource and shouldn't be mineable, but you need to address this issue at the proper mod.
There are ways to prevent them to be mineable so far i know.

And when you think you are geting to much resources out of the quarry, take a look at the ingame mod settings and lower the values.

Ncates1234

Quote from: Canute on September 27, 2017, 09:18:08 AM
Sure hempoline and reinforced steel are synthic resource and shouldn't be mineable, but you need to address this issue at the proper mod.

And when you think you are geting to much resources out of the quarry, take a look at the ingame mod settings and lower the values.
Well, I'd like to know from the main mod developer as to how do disable the resources from other mods as they are most likely to know the fix. The speed of gathering is alright its just that when lets say you mine 22 plasteel, and reinforced mines 22 aswell, when the cost is 10x more.

The original reinforced version is the same price as simple resource thus I changed the price into 10x, still doesn't seem to work. Do I perhaps need to re-start the colony for it to take effect?

jay124

After not being able to craft weapons from the alloys introduced by your CuproAlloys mod. I seem to have narrowed it down and it appears that the conflict is with CombatExtended enabled; they don't show up in the Bills dialogue. I tried loading CuproAlloys before and after CombatExtended, but they still don't show up. It appears that it still creates the Metals & Alloys category, but only shows the vanilla materials to be used for creating weapons. If there's more information I can provide, please let me know.

Without CE Enabled:
https://imgur.com/a/XZyS8

With CE Enabled:
https://imgur.com/a/fMqnH

Thanks!

cuproPanda

Quote from: Ncates1234 on September 27, 2017, 09:31:22 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 27, 2017, 09:18:08 AM

Well, I'd like to know from the main mod developer as to how do disable the resources from other mods as they are most likely to know the fix. The speed of gathering is alright its just that when lets say you mine 22 plasteel, and reinforced mines 22 aswell, when the cost is 10x more.

The original reinforced version is the same price as simple resource thus I changed the price into 10x, still doesn't seem to work. Do I perhaps need to re-start the colony for it to take effect?

For now the only way is to edit the xml file to add resources, but make the probability number much lower. I'll add an option to disable the resources altogether for the A18 version

Quote from: jay124 on October 17, 2017, 07:32:57 AM
After not being able to craft weapons from the alloys introduced by your CuproAlloys mod. I seem to have narrowed it down and it appears that the conflict is with CombatExtended enabled; they don't show up in the Bills dialogue. I tried loading CuproAlloys before and after CombatExtended, but they still don't show up. It appears that it still creates the Metals & Alloys category, but only shows the vanilla materials to be used for creating weapons. If there's more information I can provide, please let me know.

Without CE Enabled:
https://imgur.com/a/XZyS8

With CE Enabled:
https://imgur.com/a/fMqnH

Thanks!

Interesting, especially since the new category is shown. I'll look into it, it may be something I have to make a patch to address.

jay124

Quote from: cuproPanda on October 24, 2017, 04:27:33 PM

Interesting, especially since the new category is shown. I'll look into it, it may be something I have to make a patch to address.

Awesome! I look forward to being able play with this mod. I really like the new alloys it adds. Thanks for your hard work! :D