[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Sefiriot

Hey Cupro, starting a new game with Prepare Carefully and it threw these errors when I was selecting my starting gear. The error log before is for AJO_BookRack,, but the same errors also happen for AJO_Bookshelf and _AJO_Bookcase:

Prepare Carefully trying to calculate the cost of a ThingDef with null thingClass: AJO_BookRack
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.CostCalculator:GetBaseThingCost(ThingDef, ThingDef)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:CreateEquipmentEntry(ThingDef, ThingDef, Gender, EquipmentType)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:CreateEquipmentEntry(ThingDef, ThingDef, EquipmentType)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:AddThingDef(ThingDef, EquipmentType)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:BuildEquipmentLists()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:.ctor()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully:Clear()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully:Initialize()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches:DoWindowContentsPostfix(Rect, Page_ConfigureStartingPawns)
RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns:DoWindowContents_Patch1(Object, Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Kelsin

Cupro, plz, tell us - how long we need to wait for Cupro Alloys? It's one of my favorite mods and I want to know - when it'l be for B18?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Sefiriot on December 07, 2017, 09:26:34 PM
Hey Cupro, starting a new game with Prepare Carefully and it threw these errors when I was selecting my starting gear. The error log before is for AJO_BookRack,, but the same errors also happen for AJO_Bookshelf and _AJO_Bookcase:

Prepare Carefully trying to calculate the cost of a ThingDef with null thingClass: AJO_BookRack
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.CostCalculator:GetBaseThingCost(ThingDef, ThingDef)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:CreateEquipmentEntry(ThingDef, ThingDef, Gender, EquipmentType)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:CreateEquipmentEntry(ThingDef, ThingDef, EquipmentType)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:AddThingDef(ThingDef, EquipmentType)
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:BuildEquipmentLists()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase:.ctor()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully:Clear()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully:Initialize()
EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches:DoWindowContentsPostfix(Rect, Page_ConfigureStartingPawns)
RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns:DoWindowContents_Patch1(Object, Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Move AJO higher in the mod list, maybe right after Prepare Carefully. There is some mystery mod that is messing with the defs and nobody seems to know which one it is.

Quote from: Kelsin on December 10, 2017, 04:29:30 PM
Cupro, plz, tell us - how long we need to wait for Cupro Alloys? It's one of my favorite mods and I want to know - when it'l be for B18?

I'll have it ready sometime this week. Things have been quite hectic around here
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

catter

I wonder. I really like your mods, but I would like to suggest adding PC's/Laptops/Internet to the "Additional Joy Objects" mod. Now, how I see it is semi complicated like the "Additional Joy Objects" mod, but I think you can pull it off. Here is what I see:

Description:
This mod adds computers and internet to Rimworld.

Objects Added:
Personal Computer: A large electronic device that comes with a survival/strategy game (adds intellect and joy (same as arcades)), a retro game (adds to joy (same as arcades), but gets a tolerance more quickly than normal) and an operating system already installed on it. Has capacity to connect to the internet manually. Must be researched to build. Requires: 125 copper, 25 components, 25 steel, and 10 jade. Needs 200W/h of power to work. Cannot be minimized or reinstalled, it must be deconstructed. When connected to the internet, it will provide online skill books, research (2 times slower than a hi-tech research bench, but can be connected to a multi-analyzer), trade/communication to other world powers and trade ships, and joy (same type as arcades).
Laptop: A more mobile version of the personal computer, but only has the operating system and the survival/strategy game. Has capacity to connect to the internet via Ethernet or wireless. Must be researched to build. Requires: 150 copper, 25 components, 15 steel, and 5 jade. It can store 1000W of power and uses 100W/h. Can be minimized or reinstalled, but must have no power in the storage. Can do the same internet things as the personal computer, except research.
Router: A small device that can connect the internet to objects via wireless or Ethernet cable. Requires: 50 copper, 5 components, and 10 steel. Must be connected to a DSL cable to provide internet. Must be researched to build. Needs 15W/h in order to run. Can be minimized or reinstalled.
Ethernet Cable: A cable made to transfer internet from a router to a computer. Requires: 4 copper, and 1 rubber. Must be researched to build.
DSL Cable: Provides internet for routers from a distance away. This must be near the edge of the map or right next to a DSL Tower in order to provide internet. Requires: 5 copper, 5 steel, and 2 rubber. Must be researched in order to build. If near edge of map or a DSL Tower, the "Buying Internet" event will trigger.
DSL Tower: A tower made to capture internet from a large antenna (or dish, which ever works better for drawing). Must be researched in order to build. Requires: 10 copper, 100 steel, 25 components, and an orbital trade beacon (minimized). Needs 25W/h in order to provide internet.

Items Added:
Gaming Disk: Provides a few new games for your normal personal computer. Creates joy (same as arcade) and adds to skills slightly.

Emulator, Halva Life: Shooting
Emulator, Elder Scones: Melee
Emulator, The Zimz: Social
Emulator, Glutendogs: Animals
Emulator, Trauma Vendor: Medicine
Emulator, Cooking Baba: Cooking
Emulator, Rum Swirled: Construction
Emulator, Plants Vs. Salamis: Growing
Emulator, Speltunky: Mining
Emulator, Psycho Knots: Artistic
Emulator, MintCraft: Crafting
Emulator, Baguettris: Intellect
Cards, Doily's Book of Card Games: Social (2 times less than others)
Logic, Flinswiper: Intellect
Logic, Chess: Intellect (2 times less than others)

Skill Disk: Various disks provide XP for Intellect, Cooking, Construction, Growing, Mining, Crafting, Artistic, Medicine, and Animals.
Research Disk: Allows a personal computer to do research without the internet.
All disks have to be bought from an exotic or general trader of any sort. They also don't work on laptops, only personal computers.

Events Added:
Buying Internet: As you finish setting up your internet connection, you see a message. It reads: "You have just connected to an internet server. It isn't free to use this internet, so give over 50 silver per year to keep a good connection or else be without the benefits of the internet." You can either accept and every year the same message will pop up, or you can decline and not get any internet. To get the message again, if you decline, requires you to disconnect and reconnect your DSL Tower or to deconstruct and reconstruct a DSL Cable.

Research Added:
Computers: Allows you to build a personal computer. Requires integrated circuits. It's worth 750 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.
Mobile Computers: Allows you to build a laptop. Requires computers. It's worth 250 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.
Internet: Allows you to build a router and DSL Cable. Requires computers. It's worth 250 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.
Advanced DSL: Allows you to build a DSL tower. Requires internet. It's worth 200 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.

This whole mod requires "Additional Joy Objects" and "Expanded Power" in order to work.

If you think this is a good idea, please let me know. Otherwise ignore my idea and enjoy the compliment of how I thought you were a good enough modder to be suggested this idea.

cuproPanda

Quote from: catter on December 11, 2017, 08:33:30 PM
I wonder. I really like your mods, but I would like to suggest adding PC's/Laptops/Internet to the "Additional Joy Objects" mod. Now, how I see it is semi complicated like the "Additional Joy Objects" mod, but I think you can pull it off. Here is what I see:

Description:
This mod adds computers and internet to Rimworld.

Objects Added:
Personal Computer: A large electronic device that comes with a survival/strategy game (adds intellect and joy (same as arcades)), a retro game (adds to joy (same as arcades), but gets a tolerance more quickly than normal) and an operating system already installed on it. Has capacity to connect to the internet manually. Must be researched to build. Requires: 125 copper, 25 components, 25 steel, and 10 jade. Needs 200W/h of power to work. Cannot be minimized or reinstalled, it must be deconstructed. When connected to the internet, it will provide online skill books, research (2 times slower than a hi-tech research bench, but can be connected to a multi-analyzer), trade/communication to other world powers and trade ships, and joy (same type as arcades).
Laptop: A more mobile version of the personal computer, but only has the operating system and the survival/strategy game. Has capacity to connect to the internet via Ethernet or wireless. Must be researched to build. Requires: 150 copper, 25 components, 15 steel, and 5 jade. It can store 1000W of power and uses 100W/h. Can be minimized or reinstalled, but must have no power in the storage. Can do the same internet things as the personal computer, except research.
Router: A small device that can connect the internet to objects via wireless or Ethernet cable. Requires: 50 copper, 5 components, and 10 steel. Must be connected to a DSL cable to provide internet. Must be researched to build. Needs 15W/h in order to run. Can be minimized or reinstalled.
Ethernet Cable: A cable made to transfer internet from a router to a computer. Requires: 4 copper, and 1 rubber. Must be researched to build.
DSL Cable: Provides internet for routers from a distance away. This must be near the edge of the map or right next to a DSL Tower in order to provide internet. Requires: 5 copper, 5 steel, and 2 rubber. Must be researched in order to build. If near edge of map or a DSL Tower, the "Buying Internet" event will trigger.
DSL Tower: A tower made to capture internet from a large antenna (or dish, which ever works better for drawing). Must be researched in order to build. Requires: 10 copper, 100 steel, 25 components, and an orbital trade beacon (minimized). Needs 25W/h in order to provide internet.

Items Added:
Gaming Disk: Provides a few new games for your normal personal computer. Creates joy (same as arcade) and adds to skills slightly.

Emulator, Halva Life: Shooting
Emulator, Elder Scones: Melee
Emulator, The Zimz: Social
Emulator, Glutendogs: Animals
Emulator, Trauma Vendor: Medicine
Emulator, Cooking Baba: Cooking
Emulator, Rum Swirled: Construction
Emulator, Plants Vs. Salamis: Growing
Emulator, Speltunky: Mining
Emulator, Psycho Knots: Artistic
Emulator, MintCraft: Crafting
Emulator, Baguettris: Intellect
Cards, Doily's Book of Card Games: Social (2 times less than others)
Logic, Flinswiper: Intellect
Logic, Chess: Intellect (2 times less than others)

Skill Disk: Various disks provide XP for Intellect, Cooking, Construction, Growing, Mining, Crafting, Artistic, Medicine, and Animals.
Research Disk: Allows a personal computer to do research without the internet.
All disks have to be bought from an exotic or general trader of any sort. They also don't work on laptops, only personal computers.

Events Added:
Buying Internet: As you finish setting up your internet connection, you see a message. It reads: "You have just connected to an internet server. It isn't free to use this internet, so give over 50 silver per year to keep a good connection or else be without the benefits of the internet." You can either accept and every year the same message will pop up, or you can decline and not get any internet. To get the message again, if you decline, requires you to disconnect and reconnect your DSL Tower or to deconstruct and reconstruct a DSL Cable.

Research Added:
Computers: Allows you to build a personal computer. Requires integrated circuits. It's worth 750 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.
Mobile Computers: Allows you to build a laptop. Requires computers. It's worth 250 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.
Internet: Allows you to build a router and DSL Cable. Requires computers. It's worth 250 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.
Advanced DSL: Allows you to build a DSL tower. Requires internet. It's worth 200 research and requires a Hi-tech research bench. This is a Hi-tech research topic.

This whole mod requires "Additional Joy Objects" and "Expanded Power" in order to work.

If you think this is a good idea, please let me know. Otherwise ignore my idea and enjoy the compliment of how I thought you were a good enough modder to be suggested this idea.

This is a fantastic idea for a mod, but I just don't have the time to add another mod to my list. This would be a big mod that would take up even more of my updating time. That said, I would love to see it in the game. It is really well thought out and balanced
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Old Marm

Thank you for the explanation about spectago tea.  I have allowed my colonists to drink it, and...they seem to enjoy it.  Look forward to it.  Insist upon it.  Won't start their day without it?  Thank you!

Old Marm

Your work is wonderful, and I know you are busy.  I would like to say that I hope you will update your window mod when you have the time.  The pawns stand at the window and look out, there is light enough to put a plant beside it.  These touches are a charming addition to gameplay.  Thanks, and best wishes.

Canute

Old Marm,
if you just want daylight behind the wall try
Dubs Skylight
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=29043.0
until he update the window mod.

cuproPanda

Unfortunately I don't think Windows will be updated for B18. The lighting engine just isn't meant to be used the way I use it for the windows, and in the B18 version it's really bad and causes global flickering. I also recommend Dub's Skylight. It's a similar mod, but much simpler and doesn't have the same issues Windows has. I don't think it can be used to grow crops, but Windows didn't always work to allow that, either

wwWraith

Quote from: cuproPanda on December 16, 2017, 10:10:12 PM
I also recommend Dub's Skylight. It's a similar mod, but much simpler and doesn't have the same issues Windows has. I don't think it can be used to grow crops, but
I used it to grow crops at least in A16/17.

I have some issues with ZenGarden.
First, cherry/crabapple trees seem to never growing their fruits on my map probably because there is permanent summer.
Second, the stats of ebony and cherry wood look confusing: <MeleeWeapon_DamageMultiplier>8</MeleeWeapon_DamageMultiplier> and <MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier>2.2</MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier> in <statBases> but also <MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier>0.85</MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier> in <statFactors>. Shouldn't it be done just with recalculated [Sharp/Blunt]DamageMultiplier in <statBases> and MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier in <statFactors>?
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Harry_Dicks

Is there a changelog that gets posted anywhere? Curious about what got updated in Zen Garden and Quarry yesterday. Thanks!

cuproPanda

Quote from: wwWraith on December 17, 2017, 03:08:02 AM
Quote from: cuproPanda on December 16, 2017, 10:10:12 PM
I also recommend Dub's Skylight. It's a similar mod, but much simpler and doesn't have the same issues Windows has. I don't think it can be used to grow crops, but
I used it to grow crops at least in A16/17.

I have some issues with ZenGarden.
First, cherry/crabapple trees seem to never growing their fruits on my map probably because there is permanent summer.
Second, the stats of ebony and cherry wood look confusing: <MeleeWeapon_DamageMultiplier>8</MeleeWeapon_DamageMultiplier> and <MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier>2.2</MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier> in <statBases> but also <MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier>0.85</MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier> in <statFactors>. Shouldn't it be done just with recalculated [Sharp/Blunt]DamageMultiplier in <statBases> and MeleeWeapon_CooldownMultiplier in <statFactors>?

Permanent seasons isn't something I'd considered.. Interesting. Yeah the stats are way off, I need to fix that.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on December 17, 2017, 11:07:00 AM
Is there a changelog that gets posted anywhere? Curious about what got updated in Zen Garden and Quarry yesterday. Thanks!

I have changelogs on GitHub now. You can see exactly what was changed that way

Old Marm

Thanks for explaining about the difficulties in the window mod.  I just tried the Dubs skylight mod, which works very well for a greenhouse or indoor garden.  Your zen garden would work well with it.

jay124

Hey Cupro, thanks for the update for B18!

I noticed that with Combat Extended, your alloys still aren't showing up, even though the categories are created. Would your mod require a patch to have them show up with Combat Extended?

https://i.imgur.com/F1MQ15m.jpg

cuproPanda

Quote from: jay124 on December 19, 2017, 02:28:03 AM
Hey Cupro, thanks for the update for B18!

I noticed that with Combat Extended, your alloys still aren't showing up, even though the categories are created. Would your mod require a patch to have them show up with Combat Extended?

https://i.imgur.com/F1MQ15m.jpg

I had that issue in the past and resolved it, I wonder why it's back.. I'll figure it out and fix it.