[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Harry_Dicks

Why does my glowstone look like this on the edge?

SpaceDorf

Because it's glowstone ?

Would not make much sense if it did not glow...
Just like Blue Light
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 08:55:30 AM
Because it's glowstone ?

Just like Blue Light

No I meant how the edge of it is a straight line, and shouldn't it have contours or something, little dimples going in and out, to look like natural rock/dirt?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 08, 2018, 02:08:38 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 08:55:30 AM
Because it's glowstone ?

Just like Blue Light

No I meant how the edge of it is a straight line, and shouldn't it have contours or something, little dimples going in and out, to look like natural rock/dirt?

I think I see what you are getting at. There almost look like contours but they are black background rather than see through to the floors like the natural stone directly above. So it almost looks like you've built a glow stone wall rather than having natural glow stone to mine.

SpaceDorf

I see it too now, sorry for my stupid comment.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: SpaceDorf on January 08, 2018, 04:45:26 PM
I see it too now, sorry for my stupid comment.

I should've warned you, it's contagious ::)

cuproPanda

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 07, 2018, 01:49:30 PM
Why does my glowstone look like this on the edge?

Ugh that looks horrible. I know the atlases changed for A17, maybe that's an old texture that I forgot to update? Either way it should have more texture due to Cupro's Stones being active. I'll have to figure out where the problem is, it might be an old texture in Stones to blame.
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Harry_Dicks

Hey curpo, I'm having any issue with your stones on the world map. I go into mod options, and select the only stones I want, but then when the world generates it will still have all of the possible stones from your mod. I tried making it so the limit is 5, in both your mod and Configurable Maps mod. I think the issue might be between these two mods. I've tried swapping both of them in the load order, but that doesn't help. Have you ever had any issues with this, or know where to turn next? It's not the worst thing in the world, but when I want only marble/slate, schist, syenite, andesite, and pegmatite, it really narrows down the landing sites I have available. Thank God for Prepare Landing, or I would never be able to find my specific sites.

Could I just remove some of the unwanted stone types from Various_Stone.xml to have only the kinds I want, do you think that might work?

cuproPanda

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 11, 2018, 12:39:18 PM
Hey curpo, I'm having any issue with your stones on the world map. I go into mod options, and select the only stones I want, but then when the world generates it will still have all of the possible stones from your mod. I tried making it so the limit is 5, in both your mod and Configurable Maps mod. I think the issue might be between these two mods. I've tried swapping both of them in the load order, but that doesn't help. Have you ever had any issues with this, or know where to turn next? It's not the worst thing in the world, but when I want only marble/slate, schist, syenite, andesite, and pegmatite, it really narrows down the landing sites I have available. Thank God for Prepare Landing, or I would never be able to find my specific sites.

Could I just remove some of the unwanted stone types from Various_Stone.xml to have only the kinds I want, do you think that might work?

You could remove the defs, but you have to make sure to remove all the defs in all locations. So for Gabbro you'd need to remove the terrains, rocks, blocks, chunks, and any references in the patches. If you have Zen Garden there are more patches in that mod for Stones. It would be best to try to get Configurable Maps working with this mod. I was able to do it, but I don't remember how exactly. Maps should have an area that lets you choose what stones spawn, but that might be a different mod like Prepare Landing. I only tested the two mods, I don't actually use them
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!

Harry_Dicks

Prepare Landing is just a set of filters for the world map. Configurable maps has 6 sliders for rocks. 1 for each of the vanilla kind, and 1 for modded rocks. I don't know if the minimum setting on the sliders turns them off, though, because it still says very rare or something like that. So I'm able to virtually turn off those ones I don't want anyway, but not any specific modded ones. On that mod there is also the option for what "numerical range" of stone types you want in world gen. That's why I was thinking maybe it was one or two of you. I suppose I'll post on that thread as well.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, I think Configurable Maps is the culprit, or could help. Because originally I still had sandstone, limestone, and granite sliders turned up a little, and they appeared in world gen. Then I turned the sliders low and they went away. Not sure if it was completely or not, but I didn't see any while browsing around. I think he will be able to add something for modded stones, just like he did for Faction Control, it just keeps adding adding additional pages to the mod options, depending on how many modded factions you have. I have 5 pages..  :-\

Harry_Dicks

Exception editing stack counts for ThingDef "ZEN_ScenicBench": System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil.IsInst (System.Type t, System.Type a) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil+<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<IsInst>b__0 (System.Type t2) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.Any[Type] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.RSUUtil.IsInst (System.Type t, System.Type[] types) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager.RefreshStackCountEdits () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager:RefreshStackCountEdits()
ResearchableStatUpgrades.WorldComponent_StackCountEditManager:ExposeData()
Verse.CrossRefHandler:ResolveAllCrossReferences()
Verse.ScribeLoader:FinalizeLoading()
Verse.Game:LoadGame()
Verse.SavedGameLoader:LoadGameFromSaveFile(String)
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__0()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Did you forget any of <thingClass>Building</thingClass> in the Zen Garden update? Luckily I was checking the OP of the thread, as I didn't know you had made updates for GlowStone and others. I'm going to try adding the thingClass in now to see if it fixes this errors.

EDIT: Looks like I've fixed it, I had to add <thingClass>Building</thingClass> in  Zen-Garden-18.05\Defs\ThingDefs_Objects\Objects.xml under ZenBase, RakedBase, and ZEN_ScenicBench. I saw you changed around your file/folder composition between versions. Did you redo your defs and forget it, I'm guessing?

EDIT2: You also forgot it for Simple Table and Stump Chair in Survivalist Additions. ;)

lunaticneko

I really love glowstones. Basically every base I have now use a lot of them.

Few suggestions if I may ask, could you add diagonal (1:1 and 1:2) and centered strip tiles for more intricate patterns and lettering? I have a few "ship" mods and want to make glowing hangar numbers, and also want to write a welcoming message on my killbox. Also, any plans to allow us to "dye" glowstones to make them shine in other colors?

Also, the big chandelier doesn't seem to be "HD." https://i.imgur.com/OFsfSIG.png

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: lunaticneko on January 14, 2018, 05:39:49 AM
I really love glowstones. Basically every base I have now use a lot of them.

Few suggestions if I may ask, could you add diagonal (1:1 and 1:2) and centered strip tiles for more intricate patterns and lettering? I have a few "ship" mods and want to make glowing hangar numbers, and also want to write a welcoming message on my killbox. Also, any plans to allow us to "dye" glowstones to make them shine in other colors?

Also, the big chandelier doesn't seem to be "HD." https://i.imgur.com/OFsfSIG.png

OMG! MULTI-COLORED GLOWSTONES!!!

Harry_Dicks

cupro do you know why I would be getting these, or anything I can do about them? Or would they be okay to ignore, it's just a graphic bug? Everything seems to look out with it the buildings.

EDIT: I had an idea. Hypothetically, how hard would this be: For your quarry settings, could you create a "profile" of how you want one quarry to work, and be able to save it among a list of different quarry profiles. And then when you select a quarry, you can apply whatever profile from your list that you want. For example, I want one quarry that was near all of the marble, to of course, be producing mostly marble. But I don't want it to be the same as one that will be used from the near a different hill, that will spit out all kinds of different metals.

BTW the new Quarry...

wwWraith

Adding <nurseable>true</nurseable> into <ingestible> section of AJO_SpectagoTea allows the pawns to drink it while relaxing socially, I think it's nice :)
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.