[B18] cuproPanda's (Outdated) Mods

Started by cuproPanda, May 06, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cupro's Drinks for A18 bring back the water system? This will include new features and integrations as well.

Yes!
37 (63.8%)
No!
12 (20.7%)
Either way is fine.
9 (15.5%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Canute on February 02, 2018, 07:49:24 AM
Try to move the mod a bit more down at the modlist.
I got once massive trouble too. Some kind of modconflict.

I've had issues before that I posted on here, and I think one of the things it comes down to is if you have cupro's mods below any mods that redefine any core defs (which they shouldn't!) that will mess his mod up. I am 99% sure that all of the code on cupro's end should be correct, so my recommendation is actually putting them near the top.

That's one of the things I've been doing lately, especially after checking out all of the defs within a mod, kinda-sorta judging some of the mod's quality based on how nice the defs look. Anyway, if I feel like a mod and it's author are going to make legitimately correct code, that shouldn't ever interfere with other mods, I will put them near the top. Any mods that I think might be a little wonky and redefine some things that other mods need to depend on, they will go near the bottom. Of course, there is a lot of other nuance that goes into the order of my mod list, but that is just a sort of general rule that I've been following over the past month, and so far, it seems to have been working well.

On one of the recent pages I posted about how some of cupro's mods were giving me errors, but it actually isn't his mods, like I said I am 99% confident they are all correct. It's other mods that will mess something up, and they might even be working perfectly, but if you have cupro's mods loaded after these corrupting mods, then it will look like the issue is coming from cupro, but it really isn't.

Kori

Thank you for your help Canute and Harry, moving it near the top of my load order fixed it. :)

Kori

Quote from: Kori on February 02, 2018, 03:57:32 PM
Thank you for your help Canute and Harry, moving it near the top of my load order fixed it. :)

...and so did moving it near the bottom!  :o I don't get it...
Moreover when it was near the top, the chandeliers were working but didn't receive a quality rating. Now they do.
So when anyone else runs into this problem, moving it down in your load order seems to be the better choice. Same for Zen Garden.

Harry_Dicks

You build me up just to cut me down harder! ::)

JustALittleCrazyTalk

Quote from: tmo97 on January 19, 2018, 03:08:26 PM
I love your alloys mod.

I have criticism too.
Copper shouldn't be just worse, neither should tin. They have everything at about 80%, this is just disappointing, and it doesn't balance it, ffs I know what you're thinking.
For some reason you think zinc is a good knife material. Can you remove this nonsense part?
Base the blunt damage off of relative densities, base the sharp damage off of hardness.
Bismuth is absolutely beautiful, but pawns still think their room is terrible even when I give them a TABLE made out of it. A TABLE OUT OF BISMUTH SHOULD MAKE THEM DROOL!

The utility alloys don't really stand out. For what would I use plumchalcum?

Another thing. Why isn't plumchalcum, which contains lead, bad for you? Oh man, you got lead poisoning, better eat a copper ingot.

I wish rimworld was less nonsensical about requiring steel for a workbench. I have 4000 copper and 8000+ uranium, but I can't chop up my meats and I gotta wreck the map's mountains for steel.

I'd like you to add some reactions between the metals, say, be able to consume copper and zinc for thermite, to make explosives, or wall melters, or you know, any other idea that instantly pops up when you download this potentially even more awesome mod.

You can make bronze, then (at least in A17) turn the bronze into steel at a crafting spot in order to get around silly recipe requirements.

Absle

Quote from: cuproPanda on January 31, 2018, 05:20:17 PM
Quote from: Absle on January 20, 2018, 10:24:02 AM
Would you ever consider updating the mudbricks feature you had in the old corePanda mod? I know it's not really what you're working on right now, and I don't know if you're even interested in that kind of mod anymore or how easy/hard bringing that mod up to B18 would be, but you're the only one that I've found to make a mudbrick mod and I really loved playing with it, especially for tribal playthroughs.

Love all your mods by the way, so whatever you decide to work on next thank you so much for sharing with us!

I wanted to add it to Survivalist's Additions, but with the extra resources needed it just seemed bloated. I could patch it back in if mods are installed that use dirt/sand/etc., though

I would absolutely love that, thank you! I wouldn't even mind having the extra resources just for that though, would it be difficult to add it as an extension or separate module to the Survivalist's pack? I don't know of any mods that use dirt and sand as a separate resource already.

Kori

Is it by design that you always lose some meat due to rotting in the smoker, or am I doing something wrong?
I usually put it in there right after butchering and try to tend as soon as it it necessary. Still I always lose some meat.

wwWraith

Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

shadowstitch

Is there any way to limit how many pawns can use a quarry at once?
I seem to recall older builds allowing just one miner at a time, one in each quadrant of the large quarry. But I tried using the mini quarry, and every time I unforbid it, it gets swarmed by pawns who really should have better things to do. Though they will obey other work priorities, anyone with mining priority will dogpile on the quarry and ignore all other mining tasks until I set it off limits again.
I'd really like to be able to limit the active participants somehow, without constantly forbidding the quarry, but I don't see any tunable options for it anywhere.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Canute

You can assign ownership at the quarry like for bed's.
That should solve your problem.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: shadowstitch on February 06, 2018, 02:55:32 AM
Is there any way to limit how many pawns can use a quarry at once?
I seem to recall older builds allowing just one miner at a time, one in each quadrant of the large quarry. But I tried using the mini quarry, and every time I unforbid it, it gets swarmed by pawns who really should have better things to do. Though they will obey other work priorities, anyone with mining priority will dogpile on the quarry and ignore all other mining tasks until I set it off limits again.
I'd really like to be able to limit the active participants somehow, without constantly forbidding the quarry, but I don't see any tunable options for it anywhere.

Two things you can try:

Fluffy's WorkTab - This allows you to see every single little job within each job category. I can't recall if mining in a quarry is it's own job type, but if it is, you can use this differentiate between regular mining and quarry mining

Zone Restrictions - Simply restrict what colonists are allowed into what quarry based on what zones you have setup for them.

shadowstitch

No offense, but I wasn't asking for workarounds. I do not want to install other mods to partially address an issue with this one, and I do not want to manually restrict colonists by zone or ownership. I just want to limit how many pawns can freely choose to use the Quarry simultaneously.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: shadowstitch on February 06, 2018, 11:56:01 AM
No offense, but I wasn't asking for workarounds. I do not want to install other mods to partially address an issue with this one, and I do not want to manually restrict colonists by zone or ownership.

None taken. Regardless of you asking for them or not, this shouldn't dissuade anyone from posting things like that in the future. Either way, if others might have an issue like yours in the future, and it never is addressed by a mod author, they may want to know about any possible workarounds that they have available to them. They could very well stumble across these solutions through either searches or reading through the pages on mod threads of what other people have done. Hell, I couldn't even begin to count the amount of useful stuff I have found out from other people posting useful information in threads that might not have been an exact 100% answer of what was being asked by someone.

Also, WorkTab mod is a must have for me. Especially when you have 50+ different crafting jobs, and tons more spread out through all of the vanilla categories. Plus, I don't think I've ever once seen in a release thread or mod description all of the additional work types that are added or what category they fall under for any new things added by a mod. Once you have so many mods that add in so many of their own custom work types, I think WorkTab is virtually the only solution for customizing sub jobs inside of these broad, large categories like crafting, doctoring, etc.

Canute

Quote from: shadowstitch on February 06, 2018, 11:56:01 AM
No offense, but I wasn't asking for workarounds. I do not want to install other mods to partially address an issue with this one, and I do not want to manually restrict colonists by zone or ownership. I just want to limit how many pawns can freely choose to use the Quarry simultaneously.
Sorry, there is no number limitation.
If you got 20 miner, all will work at the quarry.
To limit it, use the Set owner button. At this way you can select which miner should use the quarry and not the first x amount which awake at first during the day.

cuproPanda

It is time that I must unfortunately announce the retirement of my mods. I simply don't have the time to dedicate to the mods anymore, and I won't be getting any extra free time in the foreseeable future. It has been a blast making mods for this game, and I really wish I could keep doing it. I hope everyone continues to enjoy this amazing game for a long time to come! I know I have :)
cuproPanda's Mods: Survivalist's Additions, Additional Joy Objects, Cupro's Drinks, Quarry, Cupro's Stones, Zen Garden, Cupro's Alloys, Preset Filtered Zones, & more!