[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Bridges now support light construction, so you can, for example, put torches on them or use them to run power conduits across rivers.

- Boardwalks still need to be placed near, but no longer need to be directly adjacent to, water tiles.

- Changed terrain overwrites to patches.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Smooth Stone Walls has been updated:

- Potential roof collapse while smoothing or etching walls should no longer be an issue.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Andervall

Is Basic Bridges mod compatible with A16? I have very little experience with running mods in games, but it feels like a stupid question to ask if mods are backwards compatible. I run A16 due to many mods not having updated yet to A17 but my curret save is plagued with enormous amount of rivers and this mod would be the bees knees for me. I saw a list of your A16 mods but the bridge mod was no in it so I wounder if I can run this mod on A16. Thanks for answer!

Edit: removed quote and specified which mod I asked about to not clutter to much.

Edit2: Sorry, I saw there was a download link to the A16 version in the old thread. Will try and use that. Thanks for the awesome mods. Keep up the good work!

dburgdorf

I'll admit that I'm a bit confused....

Quote from: Andervall on May 10, 2017, 08:21:54 AMI run A16 due to many mods not having updated yet to A17 but my curret save is plagued with enormous amount of rivers and this mod would be the bees knees for me.

There aren't any rivers in the alpha 16 version of RimWorld....

Quote from: Andervall on May 10, 2017, 08:21:54 AMSorry, I saw there was a download link to the A16 version in the old thread. Will try and use that.

There's no alpha 16 version of "Basic Bridges." It's a new mod I created specifically for alpha 17....

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Andervall

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 10, 2017, 09:20:21 AM
I'll admit that I'm a bit confused....

Quote from: Andervall on May 10, 2017, 08:21:54 AMI run A16 due to many mods not having updated yet to A17 but my curret save is plagued with enormous amount of rivers and this mod would be the bees knees for me.

There aren't any rivers in the alpha 16 version of RimWorld....

Quote from: Andervall on May 10, 2017, 08:21:54 AMSorry, I saw there was a download link to the A16 version in the old thread. Will try and use that.

There's no alpha 16 version of "Basic Bridges." It's a new mod I created specifically for alpha 17....

Ah I am sorry. It seams that this is a mistake on my part. Firstly I did not understand that the rivers in A17 is different to the "river-like" patterns that my save in A16 has got generated, probably due to a mod.

I mistook your [A17]Basic Bridges mod for a updated version of the mod sd Mods - Bridges https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=26276.15

I sincerely apologize for the confusion I caused and look forward to possibly using your mod in the future when the other mods I use update to A17

dburgdorf

Quote from: Andervall on May 10, 2017, 09:43:05 AMI sincerely apologize for the confusion I caused....

Nothing to apologize for. It's all good.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

XeoNovaDan

Top tip: change 'dl=0' to 'dl=1' for the Dropbox versions of your mods. It saves a whole two clicks and slight wrist movement :)

Keep up the good work with your mods though, can't wait to start playing with some of them along with many others when A17 is officially out and matured somewhat!

Rimrue

I found a bug, I think. I got a "Chief's Son/Tribal Chief" pawn in my latest game. Two seasons in, I realized that he was actually a she. Lol Not sure why that happened as I am sure I set the spawn categories to male only. (Ditto female for Tribal Princess.) Maybe that's changed for A17?

Thanks! :)

dburgdorf

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on May 12, 2017, 06:17:06 PMTop tip: change 'dl=0' to 'dl=1' for the Dropbox versions of your mods. It saves a whole two clicks and slight wrist movement :)

Huh. I had no idea. I've just been copying the links as Dropbox provided them. I'll have to take a minute and edit them. ;)

Quote from: Rimrue on May 12, 2017, 06:25:49 PMI found a bug, I think. I got a "Chief's Son/Tribal Chief" pawn in my latest game. Two seasons in, I realized that he was actually a she. Lol Not sure why that happened as I am sure I set the spawn categories to male only. (Ditto female for Tribal Princess.) Maybe that's changed for A17?

Are you using "Editable Backstories" or "Editable Backstories Lite"? The latter, unfortunately, doesn't recognize the new filters I added in the base version of the mod, as all actual processing is handled by core code. But if you're using the base version, then you may in fact have spotted a bug.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

I am using the Lite version. It seemed to work fine in A16. At least on the few tests I did. Anyway, I went into my save file and gave poor Emu a sex change. Lol

dburgdorf

Quote from: Rimrue on May 12, 2017, 09:26:53 PMI am using the Lite version. It seemed to work fine in A16. At least on the few tests I did.

I suspect you just didn't notice. Unfortunately, none of the new filter options work in the Lite version, in either a17 or a16. But now that I think about it, that could probably change. My reasoning for not including them originally was that I didn't want the Lite version detouring any core methods. But I'm not using detours any more, anyway, since I've figured out how to use the Harmony library. So it'd probably be pretty simple to modify *just* that portion of the backstory assignment....

Damn it. There I go adding to my "to do" list again. :P

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

I just had another one:

Name: Robert Burban
Backstory: unethical doctor
Body: male
Head: female

dburgdorf

Quote from: Rimrue on May 14, 2017, 02:45:04 PMI just had another one....

Still with the "lite" version, I hope...?

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Rimrue

Yeah, still Lite Version. It's just odd that I never noticed it in A16. Not even sure how many games I played with the mod. At least 5 or 6 and never saw any weirdness. Now I've seen this twice in two games.

Anyway, for now it's an easy fix by editing the save file. :)

dburgdorf

It's odd that you're seeing the wrong body type. I'd assume that the backstory def mandates a "male" body, presumably because it was originally a snowflake bio that could only be attached to a male pawn. But I can't find "unethical doctor" in my XML files for some reason, so I can't confirm that.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?