[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: Mitz on May 18, 2017, 05:58:33 PMCan't open game, can't get to "title screen", can't open error log....

None of which implicates my own (or any other) specific mod, and all of which is every bit as vague as your initial report....

Quote from: Mitz on May 18, 2017, 05:58:33 PMand (then) a spam of nonsensical errors.

No error messages are "nonsensical." However, obviously, I can't even guess as to what's really causing your trouble if you don't provide your log file so I can actually *see* the messages.

Quote from: Mitz on May 18, 2017, 05:58:33 PMmaybe you've switched the A16 code with the A17 code for terrain?

The a16 and a17 versions of the mod are completely distinct; nothing's been "switched" between them.

Quote from: Mitz on May 18, 2017, 05:58:33 PMi removed your mod, and inserted a mod w/ A16 tile coding, and i got the same errors.

Obviously, you'll get errors if you deliberately try to load an a16 mod with the a17 version of the game. But I'm afraid I'm completely missing how that fact is relevant to trying to track down the source of the trouble you're reporting.

Again, nobody else has reported trouble with "Better Bridges," so if in fact your issues are related to the mod at all -- a point on which I frankly remain skeptical -- there's almost certainly more to the matter than the simple fact that you're using my mod. But, again, I can't really diagnose the issue when all you provide me with are vague comments about "nonsensical" errors.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Dr_Zhivago

Love

Smooth Stone Walls seems to be having some very strange conflicts with QualityBuilder.

It causes deconstructing walls that were spawned in on the map to be replaced with a blueprint once finished.

In addition it seems like quality behavior is being assigned to walls for some reason.

DariusWolfe

Another head's up, not a really big deal, but there's a conflict of sorts with Skullywag's improved air vents; It'll allow me to assign the blueprint on a smoothed wall, but there's never any option to build them. I would assume that this would be the same with the improved cooler, but haven't tried;

Also, if it matters, this is the A16 version of those mods.

Love

Quote from: DariusWolfe on May 21, 2017, 05:04:27 PM
Another head's up, not a really big deal, but there's a conflict of sorts with Skullywag's improved air vents; It'll allow me to assign the blueprint on a smoothed wall, but there's never any option to build them. I would assume that this would be the same with the improved cooler, but haven't tried;

Also, if it matters, this is the A16 version of those mods.
There is a separate thread for the A16 mods.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Love on May 21, 2017, 04:45:23 PMSmooth Stone Walls seems to be having some very strange conflicts with QualityBuilder.

I'm not really familiar with "Quality Builder," but I'll make a note to look into it when I have a chance. But based on your description, I'm not sure I see any connection to "Smooth Stone Walls," since the problems you're describing seem to affect *constructed* walls, which "Smooth Stone Walls" doesn't alter or even reference in any way.

Quote from: DariusWolfe on May 21, 2017, 05:04:27 PMAnother head's up, not a really big deal, but there's a conflict of sorts with Skullywag's improved air vents.

As I note in the mod's description, it seems that other mods that add things that can be built directly on vanilla walls don't always recognize modded walls. If you can't build an item directly on a smoothed wall, you can always just deconstruct the wall before building the item. I know it's a minor inconvenience, and I do intend to look into the matter eventually, but honestly, it's not very high on my "to do" list, and in any event, I'm doubtful that it's something I can fix, since it presumably has to do with the way the other mods are written.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Love

Yukkine

First time using the Editable Backstories [Base] mod and I can't get it to work.

I've tried editing four different XML backstory files in the Raw Data folder either by modifying the existing backstory or adding a new one at the end of the list.

I've made sure the defName was not a duplicate and I'm pretty sure there were no other formatting mistakes since I was using Notepad++ and the game log gave out no errors, yet no new backstories were added. And those that I only changed a bit disappeared from the list of available backstories while using Prepare Carefully.

Reinstalled the mod and the game and it's still not working.

dburgdorf

Fewer Ruins has been updated. I decided to play with a17's new "Mod Settings" menu capabilities. So you can now easily adjust config settings to fully customize how many ruins and "ancient shrines" appear on your new maps.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Yukkine on May 25, 2017, 06:41:32 PMI've tried editing four different XML backstory files in the Raw Data folder....

If you're editing them and leaving them in the "Raw Data" folder, then they won't show up in the game, as only the XML files in the "Defs" folder are read when the game loads.

Beyond that, well, if you want me to help you spot what you did wrong, you'll need to actually show me what you did.  ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Yukkine

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 25, 2017, 08:47:04 PM
If you're editing them and leaving them in the "Raw Data" folder, then they won't show up in the game, as only the XML files in the "Defs" folder are read when the game loads.

Thanks a bunch, that was the thing I forgot about.

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Improved the "catch" chance for fishing pawns.

- Added a bit of variety to what can be caught while fishing.

- Fish must now be cleaned (at a butcher's table) before they can be eaten or used in recipes. As a side effect of this change, fish also now yield more meat than they did before.

- Added a sushi recipe.

- Stone deep water bridges now correctly require steel in addition to stone blocks.

- Blocked the exploit that allowed floors (and walls) to be built on top of bridges.

- Eliminated the unused "bill" option at fishing spots.

- Improved the patch XML. This should improve efficiency and (mostly) eliminate compatibility issues with other mods.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Wild Cultivation has been updated. The XML patches have been improved for better efficiency.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Love on May 21, 2017, 04:45:23 PMSmooth Stone Walls seems to be having some very strange conflicts with QualityBuilder.

I finally had a chance to check this, and I'm afraid I didn't see any problems at all. So I'd have to assume either that the errors you encountered weren't actually the result of an interaction between "Quality Builder" and "Smooth Stone Walls" to begin with, or that the author of "Quality Builder" has made updates since you posted your feedback that already took care of the issue.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Smooth Stone Walls has been updated:

- New German translation file added, courtesy of Steam user Lauri7x3.

- It should no longer be possible for traders to show up with etched walls in their inventories.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?