[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 25, 2017, 08:43:26 PM
Fewer Ruins has been updated. I decided to play with a17's new "Mod Settings" menu capabilities. So you can now easily adjust config settings to fully customize how many ruins and "ancient shrines" appear on your new maps.

*crawls from beneath a rock* .. you thought of me, I feel so flattered.

I hope I did not miss to much through my Diablo3 relapse
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Smooth Stone Walls has been updated to fix the German language file, which I'd inadvertently corrupted yesterday.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on May 27, 2017, 06:05:18 AM*crawls from beneath a rock* .. you thought of me, I feel so flattered.

Actually, allowing variable ruins amounts was something I always wanted to add. But prior to a17, there wasn't really any easy way to add configuration options to a mod, so I had to content myself with, "You can edit the numbers in the XML file." :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fewer Ruins has been updated. In addition to adjusting the number of ruins and "shrines" on new maps, you can also now adjust the amount of ore and the number of geysers.

Long story short: there was a bug in the mod that accidentally adjusted those two things. Squashing the bug put me half-way to allowing the mod to adjust them deliberately, so I just went with it. :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated. Users of RimRue's "Tribal Essentials" will now be able to clean fish at butchering spots and make sushi at stone ovens.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Fertile Fields has finally been updated for a17. It's a major rewrite. And it has its own thread. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Love

Given you seem to be expanding Fewer Ruins, I'd like to request some sort of slider for controlling mud and marshes. They really seem far too plentiful.

dburgdorf

Quote from: Love on May 29, 2017, 07:18:25 PMGiven you seem to be expanding Fewer Ruins, I'd like to request some sort of slider for controlling mud and marshes. They really seem far too plentiful.

The addition of the ores and geysers sliders was far more accidental than deliberate. It just happens that the settings for the four things the mod now adjusts -- ruins, shrines, ore and geysers -- are much more closely interrelated than I'd originally realized. I'm not planning to add anything else to it.

For your own purposes, you can probably adjust how often mud and marsh show up on your maps by finding and adjusting the biome XML files yourself. Or, you know, just don't play in boreal forest biomes, since that seems to be where most of the marshes are, anyway. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DeLaFere

Hi um. I made an account just to ask if Rascally Rabbits is getting an A17 update. I'll be patient either way. :3

dburgdorf

Quote from: DeLaFere on May 30, 2017, 09:19:14 AMHi um. I made an account just to ask if Rascally Rabbits is getting an A17 update. I'll be patient either way. :3

Yes, it'll be updated. And I'll finally be adding coyotes and ducks, since I was given custom graphics to use a while back. It's just that updates to most of my other mods ended up having a higher priority. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DenVildeHest

I've got a funky bug related to your smooth walls. They will look messed up depending on load-order in relation to other mods. Don't know if its a specific mod that's somewhat incompatible but all my mods seem to work.
Output_log
Video of the issue

dburgdorf

Quote from: DenVildeHest on May 30, 2017, 11:51:05 PMI've got a funky bug related to your smooth walls....

Something in your load is telling the game to read wall atlas files as if they were simple item graphics, so that each segment of wall on the map is displaying the entire atlas. If you could narrow down which other mod seems to be triggering the problem, it would help tremendously in figuring out why it's happening. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

ymc

Quote from: dburgdorf on May 06, 2017, 06:25:14 PM

Last update: 5/27/2017

Great mod, I'm actually only using it as a pier at this point because my current map doesn't have a river, but I remember a colony where a river killed me.

A couple of things (I know you saw some of it on the Steam page). I just don't want to sabotage a potential sub on your page there with what would appear to be a steady stream of complaints (they're not, I swear!  :D).

• Pawns with shooting passion gain shooting XP way too fast while fishing.
  • Moving a pawn while fishing leaves the fishing pole in place until something else walks past it.
  • Squid is double/cross-linked under resources:
    • Once under the root of "Raw Resources" and again under "Raw Resources->Dead Fish"
    • If you check or uncheck one, the other matches it
  • Squid can be cleaned as fish, and then you don't get the leather.
    • Temp workaround is to put "Butcher squid forever" higher in the list.
    • Possibly related to above-mentioned double classification of squid.
  • Fish have an insane rot rate that I would say is backwards.
    • Refrigerated muffalo meat @ 6°C lasts 3 days.
    • Refrigerated fish @ 6°C lasts 3 seasons and 14 days (basically a year), no exaggeration.

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Skill gain while fishing is now substantially slower. Fishing wasn't intended to be a quick way to level up a pawn's shooting skill.

- Squid are no longer categorized both as "dead fish" and as "raw resources," but only as "raw resources."

- Fish now rot much more quickly, on a par with other meats.

- Cleaned up the patch XML a bit more, to get rid of the annoying (but inconsequential) error messages that were showing up when "Basic Bridges" is used together with Shinzy's "Bridgello" mod.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?