[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PixelBitZombie

I meant to ask this about a month ago, is it possible to revive the No Clean-up mod?
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

dburgdorf

I'm afraid I have no idea what "No Clean-Up" mod you're referring to. It's not one of mine, though. Is it a mod that limits where pawns clean? I think there are a couple of mods available that are variations on that theme.

Remember what the dormouse said!
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 14, 2017, 04:47:06 PM
I'm afraid I have no idea what "No Clean-Up" mod you're referring to. It's not one of mine, though. Is it a mod that limits where pawns clean? I think there are a couple of mods available that are variations on that theme.

Remember what the dormouse said!

Sorry I thought it said "No", I was wrong. It's an A16 version, "Clean-up" mod. By you.
I imagine there was a reason you never updated it, I just assumed you didn't want to. Order to the Architect Menu is a mod I've been looking for and can't seem to find one. It's so damn cluttered, I'd rather things be put into another tab if they do the same thing.

dburgdorf

Pawns Are Capable! ("No Traits" Version) has been updated again, though most users, I suspect, will have no reason to worry about the change:

- Added Korean language files, generously provided by Steam user sogo100.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 14, 2017, 06:26:44 PM
Sorry I thought it said "No", I was wrong. It's an A16 version, "Clean-up" mod. By you. I imagine there was a reason you never updated it, I just assumed you didn't want to.

Ah. OK. I just assumed you were talking about a mod that kept pawns from cleaning. :)

There's no particular reason for my not having updated it, other than just not having gotten around to it yet. But I *do* intend to get to it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dodger0788

Hey, Would it be possible to make the ruins setting on the configurable maps mod work with the ruins from the Miscellaneous MapGenerator? currently if you use the two mods together the normal amount of ruins apear even if you have the setting at the max level. If its too much of a hassle to do i can live without it xD

admiralKew

It works for me. Load Misc MapGenerator before RF - Configurable Maps.

dburgdorf

Quote from: dodger0788 on July 14, 2017, 09:35:26 PMHey, Would it be possible to make the ruins setting on the configurable maps mod work with the ruins from the Miscellaneous MapGenerator?

There shouldn't be any conflict. I tested the two of them together a while back, though admittedly not to any great extent, and everything seemed to be fine. And as far as the code is concerned, there's no overlap, as Miscellaneous Map Generator doesn't touch the regular generation methods that Configurable Maps adjusts, but just adds its own methods for its unique ruins.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Belgrath

Hello.

I love your Basic Bridges and Smooth Stone walls mods.
But I'm having problems with placing walls on stone bridges!
Also would ItchyFlea's Fences mods be a light construction or heavy. As I can't build walls or fences on stone bridges I thought I'd ask.
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

PixelBitZombie

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 14, 2017, 06:40:20 PM
Ah. OK. I just assumed you were talking about a mod that kept pawns from cleaning. :)

There's no particular reason for my not having updated it, other than just not having gotten around to it yet. But I *do* intend to get to it.

Nice, thanks for letting us know. When I looked up that mod on Steam (when the picture was taken) I saw you were actively answering people. Again thank you.

Quote from: Belgrath on July 14, 2017, 11:04:36 PM
Hello.

I love your Basic Bridges and Smooth Stone walls mods.
But I'm having problems with placing walls on stone bridges!
Also would ItchyFlea's Fences mods be a light construction or heavy. As I can't build walls or fences on stone bridges I thought I'd ask.

As far as I know you cannot Build Walls on bridges, either wood or stone/steel. Only Conduits at least from my experience. Otherwise I wouldn't have to cheat and set terrain on some water lol.

I was unaware he had updated his mod, which maybe your case as well. Hopefully that was your issue!

dburgdorf

Quote from: Belgrath on July 14, 2017, 11:04:36 PMBut I'm having problems with placing walls on stone bridges!

Are you perhaps still using a version of the mod from before June 11? That was the date of the update that allowed stone bridges to support heavy construction.

If you're using a newer version of the mod, I'll need more information, as you shouldn't be having any trouble.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Belgrath

@ PixelBitZombie
Quote from: PixelBitZombie on July 14, 2017, 11:53:11 PM

I was unaware he had updated his mod, which maybe your case as well. Hopefully that was your issue!

No ItchyFlea hasn't updated his mod. I have been updating/using for myself, but as of my last post here I shared the updated version on the forum.
My post updating ItchyFlea's Fences
Quote from: Belgrath on July 14, 2017, 11:17:47 PM
I love ItchyFlea's Mods but I use Fences the most!
So here is a mod update for Fences, which is just changing the about.xml file.
Fences_A17.7z

@ dburgdorf
Quote from: dburgdorf on July 15, 2017, 12:07:44 AM
Are you perhaps still using a version of the mod from before June 11? That was the date of the update that allowed stone bridges to support heavy construction.

Indeed I was using the old version, thinking I had switched over to the workshop version. Sorry my bad!
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

EstebanLB01

dburgdorf

Quote from: EstebanLB01 on July 15, 2017, 10:53:15 AMCan you please make bridges and fishing separate?

The fishing elements of the mod are completely dependent upon the bridges, and would thus be useless on their own. You're under no obligation to create fishing spots or build shellfish traps if you don't want to. And there are no known conflicts between "Basic Bridges" and any other mods. So I'm afraid I can see absolutely no benefit to splitting it into two separate mods.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

faltonico