[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 29, 2017, 03:17:04 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on July 29, 2017, 03:08:46 PMAre the settings of Configurable Map only used on Map Creation or do some things like Wildlife and Biodensity effect a running map ?

Most of the settings only affect map generation. The only possible exceptions to that rule are the animal and plant density settings, and even then, any changes to an existing map would be very gradual, as at most the settings would influence the rate at which animal and plant life reproduces.

I love it when I am right and things work like I expect it.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

KappaccinoNation

There's a bug with Basic Bridges and edited terrains (via dev mode). When you add a shallow or deep moving water via 'set terrain', you can't place the basic bridge or deep water bridge on it. I think it's because setting a terrain to a shallow or deep moving water does not change it's walk speed to 52% or impassable respectively, thus making it not the appropriate terrain for the bridges.

Edit: Oops, loos like there are two types of water in the 'set terrain' in dev mode. One is at 82% walk speed (both shallow and deep), and the other is at 52% and impassable for shallow and deep respectively. The bridges only work for 52% for shallow and impassable for deep.

dburgdorf

Quote from: KappaccinoNation on July 29, 2017, 09:57:33 PMThere's a bug with Basic Bridges and edited terrains (via dev mode)....

If you look more closely, you'll note that there are actually three, not two, of each type of water on the dev menu. One is the actual terrain that can appear naturally, which slows movement and doesn't support any type of construction.  One is the terrain that's placed by the mod under wooden bridges (and replaced by regular water if the bridge is destroyed), which doesn't slow movement, and allows light construction.  The third is the terrain that's placed by the mod under stone bridges, which doesn't slow movement, and allows both heavy and light construction.

There's no bug here. You're just placing terrain via dev mode that's never actually supposed to be on the map unless it's under a bridge. And unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to prevent you from using dev mode. ;)

If you feel you absolutely must place water via dev mode, make sure to place the "real" water tiles, and you'll have no problem. Those should be the first set of water tiles on the dev mode list.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

faltonico

Hi there dburgdorf!
I'm really liking fertile fields and smooth walls.
Would you please consider adding a designator to smooth stone walls when selected? just like the "Mine" designator pops up when selecting a stone wall, so we don't have to go to the architect menu?.
Thank you in advance!

dburgdorf

Finally made a long overdue minor fix to Wild Cultivation:

- Saguaro cacti now require space around them, as trees do, so they can no longer be sown in adjacent tiles. They also now take more work to sow.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Another overdue bug fix, this one for Smooth Stone Walls:

- Coolers and vents can now be placed directly on smoothed walls just as on vanilla walls.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

And another (but not quite so overdue) bug fix, this one for Pawns Are Capable! ("No Traits" Version):

- Fixed the glitch that was preventing pawns who hate firefighting from putting out fires, even if assigned to do so. This should also take care of any other miscellaneous cases of pawns not doing what they're assigned.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Der Failer

Quote from: dburgdorf on July 30, 2017, 03:16:59 PM
And another (but not quite so overdue) bug fix, this one for Pawns Are Capable! ("No Traits" Version):

- Fixed the glitch that was preventing pawns who hate firefighting from putting out fires, even if assigned to do so. This should also take care of any other miscellaneous cases of pawns not doing what they're assigned.
Just updated, and now the game fails to generate raids.

Could not generate a pawn after 70 tries. Last error: Generated pawn incapable of violence. Ignoring scenario requirements.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Normal:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, List`1, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorC9:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596:<>m__A9B(Int32)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596:<>m__A9C()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems_MapActions()
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4:<>m__1B1(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Pawn generation error: Generated pawn incapable of violence. Too many tries (100), returning null. Generation request: kindDef=Drifter, context=NonPlayer, faction=The Poison Crushers, tile=1149, forceGenerateNewPawn=False, newborn=False, allowDead=False, allowDowned=False, canGeneratePawnRelations=True, mustBeCapableOfViolence=True, colonistRelationChanceFactor=1, forceAddFreeWarmLayerIfNeeded=False, allowGay=True, allowFood=False, inhabitant=False, certainlyBeenInCryptosleep=False, validator=, fixedBiologicalAge=, fixedChronologicalAge=, fixedGender=, fixedMelanin=, fixedLastName=
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker_Normal:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, List`1, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupKindWorker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, PawnGroupMaker, Boolean)
RimWorld.PawnGroupMaker:GeneratePawns(PawnGroupMakerParms, Boolean)
RimWorld.<GeneratePawns>c__IteratorC9:MoveNext()
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:AddEnumerable(IEnumerable`1)
System.Collections.Generic.List`1:.ctor(IEnumerable`1)
System.Linq.Enumerable:ToList(IEnumerable`1)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy:TryExecute(IncidentParms)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596:<>m__A9B(Int32)
Verse.<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596:<>m__A9C()
Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister:DebugAction(String, Action)
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems_MapActions()
Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu:DoListingItems()
Verse.Dialog_OptionLister:DoWindowContents(Rect)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Exception filling window for Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map, Rot4 rot, Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_Raid.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_RaidEnemy.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu+<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596.<>m__A9B (Int32 pts) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu+<DoListingItems_MapActions>c__AnonStorey596.<>m__A9C () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugOptionLister.DebugAction (System.String label, System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems_MapActions () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_DebugActionsMenu.DoListingItems () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Dialog_OptionLister.DoWindowContents (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C4.<>m__1B1 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Full log

dburgdorf

Quote from: Der Failer on July 30, 2017, 04:45:05 PMJust updated, and now the game fails to generate raids.

Damned stupid typos! The fix has now been fixed. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Last update: 7/30/2017

This mod adds a new storyteller, Rainbeau Flambe.

Rain shares Randy's love of the unpredictable, but tempers that love with a bit of Cassandra's storytelling flair. Still, he'll send big threats nearly as often as small ones. After all, he has to keep his cat, Sabre, amused. He also likes to have a slightly larger cast of characters to work with than Cassandra does, and so will subtly encourage you to have more colonists.

In addition to the storyteller, and in honor of my own long-standing tendency to get distracted with new projects and never actually finish old ones, the mod also adds an event, "Distraction." (The event is available to all storytellers, not just to Rain.) A random colonist will become distracted and forget what he or she was working on. A new job will be started, but if the colonist was in the middle of crafting, doctoring, or the like, any progress will be lost. "Distraction" is based on the "Amnesia" event in Ilawz's "More Events and Incidents" mod.

Finally, the mod also increases the base chance of orbital traders arriving (again, for all storytellers, not just for Rain).

-- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf) - the modder, not the storyteller ;)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

"Rainbeau Flambe - Storyteller" adds a new storyteller and incident, but doesn't change any existing things, so it should be compatible with pretty much any other mod, and you should be able to add it to an existing saved game without trouble. You should also be able to safely remove it from a game in progress, at least so long as Rain's not the currently active storyteller.

Acknowledgement:

The image of Rainbeau Flambe was created with HeroMachine 3 (http://www.heromachine.com/heromachine-3-lab/), and then edited in Photoshop.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

I clearly was trying to work too fast yesterday. Pawns Are Capable! ("No Traits" Version) has been updated again, to fix the fix of the fix.

Pawns who hate violence are now incapable of it *unless* they're equipped with a weapon, not *when* they're equipped with one.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

moonra

How should I go about using both Pawns are Capable and Consolidated Traits? I have both [in that order] but I got a pawn with two Brown Thumb.

dburgdorf

Quote from: moonra on July 31, 2017, 07:33:11 PMHow should I go about using both Pawns are Capable and Consolidated Traits? I have both [in that order] but I got a pawn with two Brown Thumb.

The simplest solution would be to use the "no traits" version of PAC. Failing that, as is noted in the "Consolidated Traits" description, there's not much you can do about different mods adding traits that logically don't work together, as the game has no way of knowing they don't work.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Vlad0mi3r

I am having a problem moving my rotted mush around. When solar flare turns the meat in the fridge to mush the only way to move it seams to be with make compost (rotted) bill.

Made a dumping ground with only the rotted as items to go in and couldn't force haul it out of the fridge.

Running Fertile fields and mending Mods.
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

Canute

Vlad0mi3r,
let me guess, you just enable rotted mush at the other stockpile, but you didn't flag "allow rotten" ?