[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Also disallow rotten from your freezer stockpile.

rotted mush is also usefull in chemfuel production.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Vlad0mi3r

Quote from: Canute on August 01, 2017, 03:35:08 AM
Vlad0mi3r,
let me guess, you just enable rotted mush at the other stockpile, but you didn't flag "allow rotten" ?

Yep I started playing last night and went and had a closer look. Then I saw the allow rotten and yay it worked. Then I was having one of those why have an allow rotten button at all if I tag allow rotten mush then it should allow rotten mush. Then calmed down and thought its necessary for dealing with those things that rot naturally.

Thanks for the help. :)
Mods I would recommend:
Mending, Fertile Fields, Smokeleaf Industries and the Giddy Up series.

The Mod you must have:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=40545.msg403503#msg403503

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Wooden bridges are now made of "stuff," meaning that if you have a mod that adds new types of wood, bridges can now be built from them. Preexisting wooden bridges on saved game maps will pale by comparison. Literally. They will turn white, since they're not made of "stuff" as they're now supposed to be. But they'll still function correctly.

- If you're using "Feed the Colonists," you'll have options at the stove to cook the mod's meals four at a time as well as singly.

- Added traditional Chinese language files, courtesy of Steam user Alane.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Quote from: dburgdorf on August 05, 2017, 02:22:50 PM
- Wooden bridges are now made of "stuff," meaning that if you have a mod that adds new types of wood, bridges can now be built from them. Preexisting wooden bridges on saved game maps will pale by comparison. Literally. They will turn white, since they're not made of "stuff" as they're now supposed to be. But they'll still function correctly.
Nice, finaly bone and bamboo bridges.
Whats about traps ? I don't have the currently active, didn't they used wood too, do you plan to expland them to "stuff" too ?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on August 05, 2017, 03:18:28 PMWhats about traps ? I don't have the currently active, didn't they used wood too, do you plan to expland them to "stuff" too ?

Honestly, I didn't even think about them.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Pawns Are Capable! ("No Traits" Version) has been updated:

- The mod now incorporates "force do job" functionality. Pawns can be given specific tasks, even if they're not actually assigned to the relevant work type, as long as it's not a work type that they hate.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Rascally Rabbits has been updated:

- The "What's Up, Doc?" event will now fire far less frequently.

- Carrots are edible raw as well as cooked without negative consequences.

- Different rabbit skins now have distinct names to avoid confusion.

- If you're using "Feed the Colonists," you'll have the option at the stove to cook rabbit stew four at a time as well as singly.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Luckspeare

A slightly-touched backstory submission, inspired by the intro scene from the old game "The Horde":

<REB_Code.BackstoryDef>
      <defName>RueTribalChild13</defName>
      <Slot>Childhood</Slot>
      <Title>Manifested bovinity</Title>
      <TitleShort>Cow child</TitleShort>
      <BaseDesc>Abandoned by HIS family in the pastures of an agricultural backwater, NAME was adopted and raised by a kind herd of wild cows, who taught him to graze with grace and to low with dignity. In return, HE benefited HIS herd by learning to grow and harvest plants, and grew skilled in the art of Kau Fu. When HIS herd was taken captive by raiders, HE escaped, and has since wandered from place to place in search of somewhere to call home, where HE can sing the sad song of HIS people in peace. Moo!</BaseDesc>
      <SkillGains>
         <li><key>Melee</key><value>5</value></li>
         <li><key>Social</key><value>-2</value></li>
         <li><key>Growing</key><value>4</value></li>
         <li><key>Intellectual</key><value>-4</value></li>
      </SkillGains>
      <forcedTraits>
         <li><key>GreenThumb</key><value>0</value></li>
      </forcedTraits>
      <WorkDisables>
         <li>Firefighting</li>
      </WorkDisables>
      <SpawnCategories>
         <li>Slave</li>
         <li>Tribal</li>
         <li>Legendary</li>
      </SpawnCategories>
   </REB_Code.BackstoryDef>

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Shellfish traps will now take twice as long as before to catch something, but will yield twice as much per catch, thus providing essentially the same amount of food, but requiring less frequent visits from pawns.

- Traps also now have a chance of taking damage with each catch, rather than always taking damage. This should reduce the need for pawns to run all over the map repairing them constantly.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Canute

Something about Concrete i wanted to mention.

Currently there isn't any preequirement to build any of these structures.
Basicly you can remove concrete floors from some mapstructures or buy/trade some from traders and could build ultrastrong wall from the beginning.

I think you put "poured concrete walls" to terraform research, and the "reinforced concrete walls/embrasures" behind that.

dburgdorf

As a minor correction, I'll note that deconstructing concrete floors or other concrete items yields crushed rocks, not actual concrete that can be directly reused. But that doesn't really address your point, as concrete can be made or obtained very early in the game. (That's deliberate, by the way, since concrete was used historically at least as far back as ancient Rome.)

I'm not likely to attach basic poured concrete walls to a tech, as they're no stronger now than granite walls, anyway. (And again, historically, they're comparable to walls actually constructed in ancient Rome.) But you're probably right that reinforced walls and "plasticrete" walls ought to have a tech prereq.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated:

- The "mountain level" slider now produces much more obvious differences in generated maps.

- Added an option to alter the quantity of stone chunks scattered on maps.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Pawns Are Capable! ("No Traits" Version) has been updated to fix a minor "sort-of" bug:

- Non-violent pawns will no longer be considered armed (to determine whether they're capable of violent actions) if they're equipped with an item that isn't actually a weapon.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

shadowstitch

Just thought I'd mention, if this hasn't been brought up before, that the stuff categories on the eel leather and squid leather causes some strange combinations on the tailoring table. They're butchered as leather, but the game wants to treat them as fabric, so you can make pretty much any article of clothing out of them. Is this intentional? I just thought it was a little strange.

If you change the stuffProps/categories/Fabric to stuffProps/categories/Leathery in ThingDefsMisc.xml, the squid and eel leather show up in the crafting lists with the other leathers, instead of appearing in a dropdown with the cloths and wools.

dburgdorf

Quote from: shadowstitch on August 26, 2017, 01:25:11 AMIs this intentional?

No, it's not intentional. It's just a simple oversight. Thanks for pointing it out!  :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?