[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maculator

Since you don't like github I put it on github for you, you're welcome. :P
https://github.com/maculator/Alles/blob/master/ConfigurableMaps_DE.xml

Edit:
I translated it in a way that it makes sense in german and is close to the original of yours, I didn't interpret it too freely and kept a logic throughout the whole translation but its not 1:1. Just so that you know. For example If a option starts with refering to the amount I kept th different levels all in line and refered to an amount each level, if it starts with a reference to a size I kept that throughout the whole thing etc.
Its strange explain what I mean in english...
wenig, viel etc. is a mesure of an amount in german.
groß, klein etc. refers to the size of something in german.
We got some strange grammar.

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated:

- Added an option to disallow rock outcroppings in water. This will prevent the appearance of odd solid rock "islands" in oceans, lakes and marshes. (For reasons I don't entirely understand, the game code generates water bodies and rock outcroppings in separate steps, which don't reference the same "map elevation" data. The end result is that stone outcroppings often cross marshes or lakes in a manner which makes no geographical sense. This option allows to you "fix" that, so your maps look a bit more realistic. However, if you're generating a map using a high water level setting, this can result in a substantial decrease in the amount of stone and ore available on your map.)

- Low water options now produce somewhat dryer maps than before.

- Added a German language translation file courtesy of Ludeon forums user Maculator.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Chicken Plucker

Hello thank you for adding configurable planet and German translation BURGdorf, can we also please have chicken translation?

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

You should ask Maculator about german translations, he is doing currently a good job at that.
I think dorf play like me in full engl. even if we are both germans. I don't like it when i got a language mix in a game.
But you know some lazy germans, even when they got engl. at school 2-3 years later they allready forget  most about that :-))

sirgzu

Hi,
I would like to suggest a feature for configurable maps:
filtering what type of ores can appear in maps / set individual ore density.
It would be nice to funnel advanced ore types like plasteel or components into early game trade or late game deep mining for example. Also I personally find that mining components is a bit of an immersion breaker.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Canute on September 17, 2017, 03:16:45 AM
You should ask Maculator about german translations, he is doing currently a good job at that.
I think dorf play like me in full engl. even if we are both germans. I don't like it when i got a language mix in a game.
But you know some lazy germans, even when they got engl. at school 2-3 years later they allready forget  most about that :-))

I think he was asking about a translation into Chicken Language ^^

That is exactly my reason. For all games and TV Series.
Most translations and voice acting sucks also all the tutorials are in english where I would have to translate everything back into english ..

dburgdorf

Quote from: Canute on September 17, 2017, 03:16:45 AMI think dorf play like me in full engl. even if we are both germans.

There may be a bit of confusion here.  My surname and ancestry are German, but I'm American.  As far as speaking and reading are concerned, while I picked up a bit of very basic conversational German while I was stationed in Frankfurt during my time in the USAF in the '80s, I am nonetheless very much monolingual.

Quote from: sirgzu on September 17, 2017, 08:11:19 AMI would like to suggest a feature for configurable maps: filtering what type of ores can appear in maps / set individual ore density.

I can certainly look into it.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 17, 2017, 08:43:04 AM
I was stationed in Frankfurt during my time in the USAF in the '80s

So you flew all those Jets over my parents House back then ..  :o

Concerning translations, I am willing to help, if asked, but my attention span is way too low to keep on it for a reasonable time.

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 17, 2017, 08:59:00 AMSo you flew all those Jets over my parents House back then ..  :o

I wasn't a pilot. I was a mainframe computer operator. Sat in the computer room mounting tapes and reading in boxes of punch cards. And reading SF and fantasy novels.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 17, 2017, 11:17:13 AM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on September 17, 2017, 08:59:00 AMSo you flew all those Jets over my parents House back then ..  :o

I wasn't a pilot. I was a mainframe computer operator. Sat in the computer room mounting tapes and reading in boxes of punch cards. And reading SF and fantasy novels.

Sound like good times :)

DiamondBorne

I'm using Both of your Consolidated Traits and Additional Traits by Etoire and found a bug.

The Careful Shooter trait got turned into an useless trait because it increase aiming time BUT decrease accuracy instead of increasing it like in vanilla. Likewise, Trigger Happy is now a god trait as it decrease aiming time and increase accuracy.

I don't know if it's because of the conflicted mods or what but i suspected it was your mod since the Additional Traits mod didn't have any patch file that alter these two traits.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

maculator

Regarding the above posts: I too have a verry limited ability to focus on something^^ I liked to do the translation because I needed it at that moment of time. I translated a bunch of other stuff too, but nobody seemed to care or made it too difficult for me to submit it, so now that my "only german mods" game is through, RIP colony, I really hope nobody calls back and demands stuff from me :)

I would like to know if the possibility exists to fiddle arround with rock creation in more ways than just altering the ammount. Would features like "create canyon map", "create hidden valley", "create single mountain" or "forbid undiscovered areas" be possible?

dburgdorf

Quote from: DiamondBorne on September 17, 2017, 01:49:34 PMI'm using Both of your Consolidated Traits and Additional Traits by Etoire and found a bug.

I just double-checked, and there are no typos in those trait definitions in "Consolidated Traits." So the problem you're seeing is due to something else altering them.

Quote from: maculator on September 17, 2017, 02:44:19 PMI would like to know if the possibility exists to fiddle arround with rock creation in more ways than just altering the ammount. Would features like "create canyon map", "create hidden valley", "create single mountain" or "forbid undiscovered areas" be possible?

To tailor map generation the way you're describing would require substantial changes to the generation routines. Far more than the simple adjustment of a few variables that "Configurable Maps" allows.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated again:

- The impact of the "mountain level" slider is now dependent upon the type of map being generated. It will have a significant impact on how mountain maps look, but very little impact on how flat maps look. So setting the mountain level to "very high" will no longer make every map look like a mountain map.

- Made some adjustments to ensure compatibility with my new "Archipelagos" mod.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?