[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Last update: 9/24/2017

Have you ever wanted to play RimWorld on an island map? Of course you have! And now you can!

"Archipelagos" adds exactly what its name implies. You'll now find island chains dotting the coastlines of your world maps. More specifically, the mod adds five new biomes to the game: boreal, desert, temperate, tropical and tundra archipelagos. Each of them is an island-based variant of the corresponding vanilla biome.

If you play on an archipelago map that happens to be adjacent to the mainland, you'll be able to send caravans to settlements on the mainland without difficulty. If you play on an archipelago map that doesn't connect directly to the mainland, you'll find trading a bit more difficult, but no more so than if you were playing on a vanilla "island" tile.

- Rainbeau Flambe (dburgdorf)

Steam Workshop Link

Dropbox Link

Compatibility:

Adding "Archipelagos" to a saved game shouldn't cause any trouble, but removing it from a game in progress could potentially create problems, even if you're not actually playing on an island map.

"Archipelagos" should be compatible with any other mods, though you might notice small oddities if another mod also alters map generation. "Archipelagos" is compatible with new versions (9/17 release or later) of my "Configurable Maps," but is not compatible with older versions of that mod.

If you're going to build a base on an island chain, you should probably make sure you can build bridges and catch fish. I, of course, would recommend my own "Basic Bridges" and "Fishing" mods to fill those needs, but there are obviously other options available, as well, any of which should work just fine with this mod.

Credits:

The mod utilizes Pardeike's "Harmony Patch Library." (No additional download is required, as the library is included with the mod.)
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Luckspeare

Thanks much for these mods, and all the work that goes into them.  They add so much -- can't imagine playing without them anymore.

sirgzu

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 17, 2017, 08:43:04 AM
Quote from: sirgzu on September 17, 2017, 08:11:19 AMI would like to suggest a feature for configurable maps: filtering what type of ores can appear in maps / set individual ore density.
I can certainly look into it.
What a flurry of updates! This is the new hot thread to watch on the forums :)
Well done sir, that archipelago map looks nice.

DiamondBorne

Does your Configurable map mod compatible with Haplo's Misc. MapGenerator mod? It seems to add more type of building that can appear but i'm not sure if it'll mess with the map generation itself.

Also thanks for the reply about your trait mod. But i still can't find what mod that alter those two traits.  :-[

dburgdorf

Quote from: DiamondBorne on September 18, 2017, 10:30:23 AMDoes your Configurable map mod compatible with Haplo's Misc. MapGenerator mod?

So far as I'm aware, the two mods work just fine together.  Haplo's mod isn't one that I use regularly, but I checked it a while back -- you're not the first to ask this question ;) -- and found no evidence of any conflicts.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Just by reading the features :
They work on different levels.

Haplo Generates Maps and Buildings using the Vanilla Mapgenerator with additional addons from his generator afterwards.

Rainbeau tweaks the settings of the Vanilla Generator without actually changing it.

So there is no reason for conflict.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Consolidated Traits has been updated:

- Added new traits: Animal Hater, Builder, Chemist, Gourmet, and Natural Porter.

- Made minor adjustments to the stat bonuses from some of the mod's traits.

- Fixed the issue that had language translation files confusing "Careful Shooter" and "Trigger-Happy."

- Reduced the commonality of the Pyromaniac trait.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Editable Backstories and Editable Backstories Lite have been updated:

- Removed the adjustment to the Pyromaniac trait's commonality. That never really belonged in this mod, anyway, and has been moved to my "Consolidated Traits" mod.

- Made a few minor adjustments to prep compatibility with my (still in development, but hopefully soon to be released) "Editable Pawn Names" mod.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

sirgzu

With archipelagos map I'm only getting deep ocean water tiles, no shallow water at all. Most of the time some parts of the map are not accessible.

dburgdorf

Quote from: sirgzu on September 19, 2017, 04:46:45 AMWith archipelagos map I'm only getting deep ocean water tiles, no shallow water at all. Most of the time some parts of the map are not accessible.

As to the second point, yes, you will often find access to some islands completely blocked by deep water. That's intended behavior. They are islands, after all. Some portions of the map will be inaccessible until and unless you build a bridge or otherwise create a path to allow your pawns to reach them.  (That's not possible with this mod by itself, of course, but it's possible with the addition of my own "Basic Bridges" or another bridge mod, or my own "Fertile Fields" or another terraforming mod.)

As to your first point, if you're saying you get ocean water but no fresh water, again, that's intended. But if you're saying you get deep ocean water but no shallow ocean water, well, that's bizarre, and should *not* be happening. There should be shallow water surrounding the islands and sometimes connecting them, as can be seen in the mod's "preview" image. If you're seeing no shallow water at all, I'd assume there's a conflict with something else in your mod list, though I have no idea what mod might be the culprit.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DiamondBorne

Consolidated Traits again. There might be something wrong about Natural Porter trait. And thank you for your awesome mod. ^_^

Also, those bugs about careful shooter and trigger-happy are gone after i updated this mod to a new version, thanks again.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

dburgdorf

Quote from: DiamondBorne on September 19, 2017, 09:40:15 AMConsolidated Traits again. There might be something wrong about Natural Porter trait. And thank you for your awesome mod. ^_^

Hmm.  I'll double-check the porter trait when I get home. It should be a bit more impressive than "+0," though. ;)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

DiamondBorne

QuoteHmm.  I'll double-check the porter trait when I get home. It should be a bit more impressive than "+0," though.

It did raise my toon's carry capacity from 75 to 76 in the info box though. Might not be anything more serious than a typo.

Canute

btw. porter trait is mosttimes useless, since pawn just carry just 1 stack.
Only a few stackable items are more then 75 like hay.
Ofcouse if you use stackXXL it would be another thing.