[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirgzu

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 20, 2017, 09:26:12 AM
Quote from: sirgzu on September 20, 2017, 02:59:20 AMAt the top of my head the only mods in my modlist that *might* cause a problem....

Well, let me know when you figure out which mod *is* causing the problem, and I'll be happy to take a look and see if I can figure out what's going on and how to work around it.
I pinpointed it out to MapReroll

dburgdorf

Quote from: sirgzu on September 21, 2017, 04:32:49 PMI pinpointed it out to MapReroll

OK.  I'll take a look.

UPDATE: I did take a look, and I found absolutely no evidence of a conflict. Using both "Archipelagos" and "Map Reroll," both with and without "Configurable Maps" also in the mix, archipelago maps generated perfectly. I never once saw a map generate either initially or on a reroll without shallow water surrounding the islands. I have no idea what's causing you to see maps without shallow water, but it does *not* seem to be a conflict with "Map Reroll."
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

sirgzu

I know I'm using the latest version of mapreroll, I'll try updating and see if that fixes it.

dburgdorf

Archipelagos has been updated:

- Maps won't have quite so many archipelagos as they previously did.

- The incidence of (especially boreal) archipelagos showing up near coasts of a different climate type has been substantially reduced.

- Tundra archipelagos will no longer appear in the middle of otherwise solid regions of sea ice.

- Archipelagos in lakes will now feature islands surrounded by fresh water instead of ocean water. (On a related note, inland bodies of water must now be significantly larger than in vanilla to be considered oceans instead of lakes.)

- Since nobody at all seemed to like the orangish archipelago tiles, they've been replaced with tiles that are just slightly darker and more bluish than those of the corresponding vanilla biome tiles.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Configurable Maps has been updated:

- Added a "soil fertility" slider to adjust the relative amount of rich soil as opposed to basic soil on a map. (The slider does nothing on maps for biomes that don't have any rich soil to begin with.)

- Added the ability to designate the minimum and maximum number of stone types that can appear in a world map tile.

- Added the ability to designate the relative commonality of various stone types on the world map.

- Updated a few things to match today's "Archipelagos" update.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

maculator

Lol for some of those things you said you don't even know how you would do it, but you did. You're amazing.
Configurable Maps really is one of the best mods, thanks.

sirgzu

Yep, latest version of mapreroll works fine with archipelagos. Can't wait to try the new configurable maps =)

dburgdorf

Archipelagos has been updated again, to squash a bug related to rocky soil from my "Fertile Fields" mod, that was spawning error messages if maps were generated with neither "Configurable Maps" nor "Fertile Fields" in the mod list.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

dburgdorf

Quote from: maculator on September 24, 2017, 05:38:24 AMLol for some of those things you said you don't even know how you would do it, but you did. You're amazing.

Nah, mostly I'm just stubborn. I figure if I keep banging my head against a wall long enough, *something* will break. Sometimes, I get lucky, and it's the wall. :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on September 24, 2017, 09:04:07 AM
Quote from: maculator on September 24, 2017, 05:38:24 AMLol for some of those things you said you don't even know how you would do it, but you did. You're amazing.

Nah, mostly I'm just stubborn. I figure if I keep banging my head against a wall long enough, *something* will break. Sometimes, I get lucky, and it's the wall. :)

And yet you still claim you are not a Dorf.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

dburgdorf

Basic Bridges has been updated:

- Watergazing spots are now much less graphically obtrusive.

Fishing has also been updated:

- Set the priority of fishing below that of training, making it the lowest-priority Handling task.

- Fishing spots use the new watergazing spot graphic, and so no longer stand out visually.

- It's now possible to catch non-generic freshwater fish in "Archipelagos" biomes as well as in vanilla biomes. (Ocean fish were already available.)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

onerous1

Yay for birthday updates!

I just noticed that Smooth Stone Walls has a source folder inside. Is that necessary?

dburgdorf

Re: "Archipelagos"....

Several people on Steam have reported that the changes to how archipelagos are assigned locations on the world map in the update messed up maps for games already in progress, with maps now showing bases on ocean tiles rather than archipelago tiles, which causes problems with caravans, and can also mess with animal and plant spawning.

I have no idea why that happened, as changes to map generation shouldn't have affected maps that already exist. And unfortunately, there's no way to undo it. So all I can do is apologize to those whose games were disrupted.

That said, the problem should be a one-shot deal following this update. But problems with an unknown cause always bother me. If you happen to notice any changes in archipelago locations on a world map during play that *aren't* related to the last update, please let me know immediately.

Thanks!

Quote from: onerous1 on September 24, 2017, 07:51:44 PMI just noticed that Smooth Stone Walls has a source folder inside. Is that necessary?

All my mod distributions include a "Source" folder. Those folders exist in part so that people who are interested can check out my code, but mostly just because I'm just too lazy to bother removing them before I upload the mods.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

maculator

Does "More Trait Slots" play well with "psychology"? I wrecked my colony and wanted to start new with those two mods.

dburgdorf

Quote from: maculator on September 26, 2017, 12:25:45 PMDoes "More Trait Slots" play well with "psychology"? I wrecked my colony and wanted to start new with those two mods.

I'm not aware of any reason why the two wouldn't work together.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?