[A17] Rainbeau's Mods - Bridges, Backstories, Smooth Walls, Terraforming & More!

Started by dburgdorf, May 06, 2017, 06:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maculator

Well thanks alot for the quick reply. As a token of my appreciation I translated it into german.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

SpaceDorf

Rainbeau, I have a small favor to ask.

Considering the Number of Mods and the frequency of your updates I would really apreciate if you could add a "All-In-One"-Package to download instead of making me download every single file :)

===== EDIT =====

As alternative you could just allow access to the drop-box folder containing the current versions of your mods.
similiar like Rooki1 does it with Rimsenal https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fiqriydxvgfeusm/AAAFvZ2_5CPUwQYNLxkRvVuZa?dl=0

This would also ease the burden of keeping all the links updated.

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

libra00

Some thoughts on fishing..

So, I've been playing with the fishing mod a bit and I like the idea of it, but I'm not entirely happy about the implementation.  I'm kinda thinking it should probably be its own work type (though I'm not sure if that's flat out impossible or not), because it has no cooldown as far as I can tell and thus takes up a lot of the work time of my colonists who are assigned to handling.  In my current game I started as a rich explorer with someone pretty well-rounded, able to do almost all jobs.  I've had 2 people join my colony so far, and my original pawn is still the best at handling (and the best individually at virtually everything else too).  I'd really like to try to use fishing as my primary food source, but that requires the one guy who has to do everything (because the other 2 can't do many of the various work types) to spend a lot of time fishing.  Also, I really want him to be able to spend his handling time trying to tame wild animals because my other 2 people can't haul at all.

I definitely understand why you moved it from hunting to handling. but I would note that hunting is the one work type that (in my experience anyway) is most rarely prohibited, so it'd let those mostly useless pawns do something productive.  I dunno that there's an easy solution to all this without fishing being its own work type.  From an organizational perspective it might make sense to tack it onto growing, but that doesn't solve my current situation.  I just tend to like having one guy who handles all food-related tasks and little else, so that'd go along well with that.

I dunno, it's definitely a cool idea and I'm not sure what the best solution is, just thought I'd lay out my thoughts on the subject and see if it goes anywhere.  Either way, keep up the great work RF.

gloomyMoron

So, it is possible that I am simply using the Bridge mod outside of its intended purpose which is causing an "issue" I'm having.

I have a stockpile setup to accept Psychoid leaves, but...

It isn't being considered accessible? Possibly because it is on a bridge tile.

I have tried this at varying Priority levels, as well as using the "vanilla" stockpile. Is there a way to make this work at all? If not the entire premise of my colony needs to change (and I might just abandon it >.>). I wanted to build like a "boardwalk"/shore-colony over the ocean edge of the ocean. I have a hospital and a bedroom built on the bridge tiles and they work fine, but if I can't make stockpiles work, that'll get annoying real fast.

Edit: It should go without saying, but I'm running in Alpha 17.

Edit: The problem is more widespread than I thought. It is affecting a bunch of stockpiles, not just the ones on the bridges (that I'm using as a pier). I have no idea what is causing this. Sorry for assuming it was this mod.

dburgdorf

Gloomy, I'd suggest looking for possible conflicts in your mod list.  I'm not aware of anything that would stop stockpiles from working properly on bridge tiles, and nobody else has ever reported such a problem.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

gloomyMoron

Apparently it was a mod that let's me harvest prostheses and bionics. If you change a stockpile to not have "Harvested, Not Harvested (Primitive/Simple/Glitterworld)" checked, it doesn't allow anything inside it. >.>

dburgdorf

Quote from: libra00 on October 21, 2017, 06:19:45 AMI'm kinda thinking [fishing] should probably be its own work type....

I agree. The main reason I hadn't already done that is that adding new work types to a game already in progress breaks the work tab. BUT... in the new a18 version of "Fishing" that I released last night, fishing is now a unique work type. New alphas give me an opportunity to make changes that don't have to be backward compatible. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Belgrath

Hello.

Well I don't know what's wrong, but I think the Rimworld update broke the Rainbeau's Bridges Mods.
I'm running RimWorld 0.18.1717 rev1081. I reload Rimworld with only the Core and the Rainbeau's Bridges Mods.

Caught exception while loading play data but there are active mods other than Core. Resetting mods config and trying again.
The exception was: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.LoadableXmlAsset].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModContentPack.LoadPatches () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModContentPack.get_Patches () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedModManager.<LoadAllActiveMods>m__0 (Verse.ModContentPack rm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[Verse.ModContentPack,Verse.PatchOperation].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModContentPack.LoadDefs (IEnumerable`1 patches) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LoadedModManager.LoadAllActiveMods () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.DoPlayLoad () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PlayDataLoader.LoadAllPlayData (Boolean recovering) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Warning(String)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

Successfully recovered from errors and loaded play data.
Verse.Log:Message(String)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()
I love testing things and watching them break   :P
Sure I'll test it for you!
"Are you a Wizard^^ Belgrath?"
"maybe..."

dburgdorf

Quote from: Belgrath on November 10, 2017, 09:58:39 AMWell I don't know what's wrong, but I think the Rimworld update broke the Rainbeau's Bridges Mods.

The build released the other night introduced a new XML patch-related bug which broke a fair number of a18 mods, including "Basic Bridges" and "Archipelagos." :( The devs have stated that a fix is already done, though, so we're just waiting for the next build to be pushed out.

Just as a side note, I *do* have a separate thread for my a18 releases. This thread is for my a17 releases. :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 02, 2017, 05:58:56 PM
Rainbeau, I have a small favor to ask.

Considering the Number of Mods and the frequency of your updates I would really apreciate if you could add a "All-In-One"-Package to download instead of making me download every single file :)

===== EDIT =====

As alternative you could just allow access to the drop-box folder containing the current versions of your mods.
similiar like Rooki1 does it with Rimsenal https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fiqriydxvgfeusm/AAAFvZ2_5CPUwQYNLxkRvVuZa?dl=0

This would also ease the burden of keeping all the links updated.

Shameless suggestion Promotion !

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on October 02, 2017, 05:58:56 PMAs alternative you could just allow access to the drop-box folder containing the current versions of your mods.

Since I like you so much, it's done. At the bottom of my a18 mod list, there's now a direct link to the relevant Dropbox directory.

Actually, I probably would have done it sooner, except that your "because you update so frequently" request happened to be posted just as I started what turned into a month-long hiatus from modding.  :)

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

SpaceDorf

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 11, 2017, 06:06:30 PM
Actually, I probably would have done it sooner, except that your "because you update so frequently" request happened to be posted just as a started what turned into a month-long hiatus from modding.[/i]  :)

I guess I jinxed it with that one  ::)

Quote from: dburgdorf on November 11, 2017, 06:06:30 PM
Since I like you so much, it's done.

Thank you so very much .. I am blushing ..

dburgdorf

Quote from: SpaceDorf on November 11, 2017, 08:37:01 PMI guess I jinxed it with that one

Yes, it is absolutely your fault that I got busy for a while with other things! :D

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

kaptain_kavern

So he did it to you as well? ;-)

I almost missed A18 because of him!

Nightinggale

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on November 11, 2017, 11:43:33 PM
So he did it to you as well? ;-)

I almost missed A18 because of him!
That makes me think of the 3 mile nuclear accident. Something went wrong, the operators got thousands of error messages and they tried to read through them to figure out what was going on. This made operators read through insignificant errors while for a while completely miss the "reactor without cooling" error. This is now used as a schoolbook example when designing complex systems and is the main reason for introducing priority in messages.

Seems like something similar would be needed here if one user can make mod makers miss a new release of RimWorld. I didn't notice A18 either until new mods started showing up on steam with [A18] in the names, though I can't blame a specific person or reason to missing it on day one. However not knowing the reason or who is behind something has never stopped pointing out a scape goat >:( :P
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.