Heavily modded save not loading after character death.(Close)

Started by PhantomPP, May 06, 2017, 10:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPP

https://gist.github.com/40b2ec490874df9bb64403e258398658 <- is the errorlog I'm getting. Added "cleaner" output log as attachment. I've had this happen twice now and it only happens when one of my first pawns die and I try to load back to a previous save. The first time this happened I simply restarted my game and it worked but it's been a few days now and I'm having no luck.

Added the RCC tool text file as attachment. I have no idea how to interpret these things.  ::)

Edit: Save file is too big to place here, if anyone is willing and/or interested in helping me out you can add me on discord under Phantom#3828 and I will upload my save file and output log into chat for you to download.

Save couldn't be fixed. Big thanks to Skyarkhangel for spending the time to go through the code to fix what he could.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

PhantomPP

How 'bout some help please? Been a few days now and no reply...Or is this place just as fruitless as steam community?  :-\

faltonico

If there is no reply is usually because nobody knows how to help... it would be weird to reply just to say that xD
I don't know what it is going on either, if i suggest you to do something would be just to see if it works. If that is fine with you i can tell you that looking in the log, i think the relevant error is with what i think it is fluffy's work tab at the end of the log, make sure you have the latest version of that mod and then try disabling it to see if you can load that save.
If that doesn't work i don't know how to help you =S

PhantomPP

Quote from: faltonico on May 08, 2017, 05:59:43 PM
If there is no reply is usually because nobody knows how to help... it would be weird to reply just to say that xD
I don't know what it is going on either, if i suggest you to do something would be just to see if it works. If that is fine with you i can tell you that looking in the log, i think the relevant error is with what i think it is fluffy's work tab at the end of the log, make sure you have the latest version of that mod and then try disabling it to see if you can load that save.
If that doesn't work i don't know how to help you =S

I tried loading up the game without work tab, still wouldn't load, removed colony manager and it went to load up, assets got stuck at 90% for a few seconds and then I had a game crash.

I did mess around with removing other mods like Psychology but it made the problem worse as did removing birds and the bees so I put those back on (left them at bottom of load order) That was when I tried removing just colony manager that resulted in my game crashing. I did try loading without colony manager after removing birds and bees & psychology but same problem. I might try again without colony manager.

Edit: My mistake, it was colony manager I ended up leaving out and I kept birds and bees activated along with psychology. loading again in hopes the crash was a fluke.

Yeah, it's just crashing now but Colony manager seems to be causing the issue. Any way to undo the research by editing the save file? That might be what's crashing it..

faltonico

Sorry to know it didn't work, i'm out of ideas now.

skyarkhangel

Can be fixed. Problem with pawn that not exist in game, but his ID saved in relation for other pawns and some other savegame parts. Seems need to check "Thing_Human544597" and "Thing_Human1864556". Bugs with Fluffy_tabs etc its  a consequence of this error. Open savegame and start to work. You need to find this pawns and check for exist, if not, delete or modify data related to this pawns. Do not forget to backup.
How this bug may appear? When you save the game, and in that moment you have a game errors, you have the chance with bad save.

PhantomPP

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 09, 2017, 09:04:44 PM
Can be fixed. Problem with pawn that not exist in game, but his ID saved in relations and some other savegame parts. Seems need to check "Thing_Human544597" and "Thing_Human1864556". Bugs with Fluffy_tabs etc its  a consequence of this error. Open savegame and start to work. You need to find this pawns and check for exist, if not, delete or modify data related to this pawns. Do not forget to backup.

How do I even open the save file? Will notepad++ work? Once I get into the save file how will I know how much of a code line to delete, will it be spaced down? (Maybe a picture would help if you can provide one at all?)

I'm not completely useless at this stuff I just need a bit of guidance~

skyarkhangel

Quote from: PhantomPP on May 09, 2017, 09:17:45 PM
Can be fixed. Problem with pawn that not exist in game, but his ID saved in relations and some other savegame parts. Seems need to check "Thing_Human544597" and "Thing_Human1864556". Bugs with Fluffy_tabs etc its  a consequence of this error. Open savegame and start to work. You need to find this pawns and check for exist, if not, delete or modify data related to this pawns. Do not forget to backup.

How do I even open the save file? Will notepad++ work? Once I get into the save file how will I know how much of a code line to delete, will it be spaced down? (Maybe a picture would help if you can provide one at all?)

yep, notepad++
All data in XML format, for correct fix, do not break the structure.

PhantomPP

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 09, 2017, 09:20:42 PM
Quote from: PhantomPP on May 09, 2017, 09:17:45 PM

yep, notepad++
All data in XML format, for correct fix, do not break the structure.

Got it open and found one of the pawns. How much of this should I delete?

pawnData>
                  <pawn>Thing_Human544597</pawn>
                  <kind>Colonist</kind>
                  <faction>Faction_9</faction>
                  <gender>Female</gender>
                  <name Class="NameTriple">
                     <first>Rin</first>
                     <nick>Henderson</nick>
                     <last>Henderson</last>
                  </name>
                  <peq>AD_AuxPistol</peq>
                  <app>FedSuit</app>
               </pawnData>
            </li>
            <li>
               <def>RaidArrived</def>
               <id>749</id>
               <date>17549726</date>
               <surroundings IsNull="True" />
            </li>
            <li Class="Tale_DoublePawn">
               <def>Captured</def>
               <id>750</id>
               <date>17554753</date>
               <surroundings>
                  <tile>29355</tile>
                  <temperature>18.66039</temperature>
                  <roomRole>PrisonBarracks</roomRole>
                  <roomImpressiveness>-113.7404</roomImpressiveness>
                  <roomBeauty>-9.5</roomBeauty>
                  <roomCleanliness>-4.85</roomCleanliness>
               </surroundings>

skyarkhangel

is this pawn Henderson exist? Or a one of pawns that missed?
Seems its a pawndata for existing pawn.

PhantomPP

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 09, 2017, 09:36:06 PM
is this pawn Henderson exist? Or a one of pawns that missed?

I don't have him as a colonist, nor ever have, problem occurred in the middle of a raid so he may be one of the raiders, I'm not sure don't really pay attention to them unless a raider has relationship status with colonist.

skyarkhangel

Ok. Error said that:
Pawn Joe has relation "Spouse" with null pawn after loading.
Pawn Martin has relation "Parent" with null pawn after loading.
Find relations for this pawns, you need to find this "null" pawn or ID with not exist pawn.

PhantomPP

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 09, 2017, 09:43:44 PM
Ok. Error said that:
Pawn Joe has relation "Spouse" with null pawn after loading.
Pawn Martin has relation "Parent" with null pawn after loading.
Find relations for this pawns, you need to find this "null" pawn or ID with not exist pawn.

I remember Joe, joe died a long time ago, I can't remember if he had an ex-wife when he joined me but he did end up marrying one of my other colonists then divorced later. But this was all long before his death. No idea who Martin is, unless it's Joes parent, I think I remember seeing a martin in my current raid.

Edit: I have no idea what to look for, so many entries x.x

skyarkhangel

so if pawn died and have relations to pawns that exist to any pawn in your game he wouldn't deleted. Find his spouse relation and then check this spouse.

PhantomPP

Quote from: skyarkhangel on May 09, 2017, 10:19:02 PM
so if pawn died and have relations to pawns that exist to any pawn in your game he wouldn't deleted. Find his spouse relation and then check this spouse.

I'm getting nowhere real fast XD

I have next to no experience with code, any code I have seen from a save file has been pretty simplistic. Is there any way for me to provide my save file in my thread in hopes that someone else is willing to look at it for me?